Xmas Desert Island Films

Christmas Tree

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not a part of the Die Hard series that is poor. WTF is wrong with you people? If you are watching that going "oh this was done better in bloobedy blobbedy blurp" then reassess your life because you're on a one way track to the same mental asylum that houses CT's taste

:lol:

What a big fucking puff you must be. Under the thumb in the best way possible and you're complaining about watching explosions, Alan Rickman and people throwing cars at helicopters. Headcase. As soon as the kids come along, you'll be espousing the virtues of Moulin Rouge like Boldon's Best Dad, Christmas Tree.

What a big fucking puff you must be. Under the thumb in the best way possible and you're complaining about watching explosions, Alan Rickman and people throwing cars at helicopters. Headcase. As soon as the kids come along, you'll be espousing the virtues of Moulin Rouge like Boldon's Best Dad, Christmas Tree.

Alan Rickman is great in Love Actually, actually.

:)

Zip it clownface. For any intelligent human, there is a limit to how many times they want to watch the same film in a short period of time.

I've never seen Love Actually. Should I make the effort?

Bloody hell Catmag it is only thee best film of all time and I don't say that lightly having to reduce Hairspray and Mama Mia to 2nd and 3rd place.

It is thee ultimate Christmas feel good film.

Get it watched.

I hope you're joking. :lol:

That would be a .......No :lol:

img0752m.jpg

In all seriousness - they belong to your wife or daughter, right?

Bloody hell Catmag it is only thee best film of all time and I don't say that lightly having to reduce Hairspray and Mama Mia to 2nd and 3rd place. It is thee ultimate Christmas feel good film. Get it watched.
That would be a .......No :lol:img0752m.jpg
More like antidepressants after the mixture of guilt and regret have kicked-in, after scoffing down that last piece of Balti Pie, or pastry. Edited by Dolly Potter MD

Bloody hell Catmag it is only thee best film of all time and I don't say that lightly having to reduce Hairspray and Mama Mia to 2nd and 3rd place.

It is thee ultimate Christmas feel good film.

Get it watched.

That would be a .......No :lol:

img0752m.jpg

Bit sexist fella. :banned:

Come on now, these are three classics of our time. This is fact.

Love Actually: --- A masterpiece of a film by any ones standards written by one of our greatest comic talents, Richard Curtis.

Hairspray: --- Massive award winning broadway hit, turned into a film that breaks most box office records for a musical only to be eventually surpassed by giants such as Grease and Chicago.

Mamma Mia: --- Really, i mean just fucking really :rolleyes: The 4th biggest grossing musical of all time containing some of the best most universally popular songs of all time.

I think some people are just too emotionally challenged to open up their hearts and let some of lifes heart warming moments flood in.

I have my suspicions you've never even watched hairspray never mind had a few drinks, put on a dress and really let yourself go with a hairbrush for a mike.

Penny Pingleton :wub:

Mamma Mia: --- Really, i mean just fucking really :rolleyes: The 4th biggest grossing musical of all time containing some of the best most universally popular songs of all time.

Thing is, if I want to enjoy those songs, I'll just stick on ABBA Gold. No need to see them being poorly sung and poorly acted while being held together by a poor plot. :dunno:

Just watched The Santa Clause, schmaltzy as but a few funny moments.

That was on the other day. I'd forgotten Arthur Daley played the young Scrooge.

I was watching that thinking 'is that Alec Guinness?' :lol:

Today I have watched the 1935 and 1951 versions, might skip the 1970 musical version so Scrooged is up next.

Thing is, if I want to enjoy those songs, I'll just stick on ABBA Gold. No need to see them being poorly sung and poorly acted while being held together by a poor plot. :dunno:

Each to their own I guess. Personally and even though the singing wasn't first rate, the film gave some of the songs a nice story to them for me. It definitely brought the music to a whole new audience.

I even enjoyed the stage version as well.

Fucking hell CT, that's a pretty shocking top three favourite films.

Mine would have to be:

The Great Escape

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation

It's a wonderful Life

Elf

Any Bond film