Terry to be prosecuted

Gemmill

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a fan was arrested for racially abusing someone at a football match and found guilty I think theres a fair chance that they'd end up with a banning order. Imagine the England captain banned from every football ground in the country. Not to mention that if they had a season ticket for their club, wjich would be revoked as well and it would be nigh on impossible to get it back when the banning order had run its time. Thats if,of course, all things were equal in life. Which of course they're not where millionaire footballers are concerned.

An Everton fan phoned TalkSport up this morning and said there was a bloke sat near him who shouted "Saha you useless French fuck" (or along those lines). No colour was mentioned (from what he said) and he got banned for 3 years and his season ticket took off him

Bile is not wanted at football grounds, just polite applause.

Apparently the FA will be stripping him of his England Captaincy.

Why has it taken so long to do this?

If they're gonna act at all, then he shouldn't be playing for England. I'm not saying that I think that that's what should happen, but I don't get the "you can't be captain cos of this, but you're ok to still play". You either do nothing, or you tell him he can't play for England until its sorted. Taking the captaincy off him is just a weird gesture.

Apparently the FA will be stripping him of his England Captaincy.

Why has it taken so long to do this?

If they're gonna act at all, then he shouldn't be playing for England. I'm not saying that I think that that's what should happen, but I don't get the "you can't be captain cos of this, but you're ok to still play". You either do nothing, or you tell him he can't play for England until its sorted. Taking the captaincy off him is just a weird gesture.

Agreed

Has their ever been any other England captain that has been stripped of the captaincy twice? Even once?

Assuming that Terry and Rio are still the first choice CB partnership when both fit and in form, how does Capello expect them to play together? Knowing that 9 days after final that Terry is going to stand trial for racially abusing Rio's brother. Capello fucked up when he re-appointed him and has fucked up again by not taking action over this.

Makes me wonder whether they know that he's fucked, and so don't want to have been seen to do nothing once everything comes to light. But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play.

That's just me making stuff up though.

But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play.

They banned Bowyer and Woodgate though, pending the outcome of their criminal trial, so there is a precedent for it.

Just had a Chelsea fan on 5Live moaning about it

"Rio's kicking off because its his chance to get the armband"

Errr no, its because he has allegedly racially abused his fucking brother you brain dead cunt

Makes me wonder whether they know that he's fucked, and so don't want to have been seen to do nothing once everything comes to light. But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play.

I happened to be watching the game it happened in, camera had focused on Terry and I have no doubt he said "f'in black bastard" (I remember being taken aback at the time).

He's saying he'd prefaced that with "I never called you a..." Well all I saw was the second bit and it was spat out with that trademarkTerry venomous look on his face, doesn't fit at all. Guilty as sin IMO.

Edited by Toonpack

Hmm. Dunno then. I just find it a very odd gesture.
I think it's dawned on them that he's a cunt

If the FA and most of all Capello couldnt see the dangers in re appointing him after he did the dirty on a teamate last time then they're not fit to be in charge of the game in this country. What the fuck were they thinking?

Makes me wonder whether they know that he's fucked, and so don't want to have been seen to do nothing once everything comes to light. But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play. That's just me making stuff up though.
I happened to be watching the game it happened in, camera had focused on Terry and I have no doubt he said "f'in black bastard" (I remember being taken aback at the time). He's saying he'd prefaced that with "I never called you a..." Well all I saw was the second bit and it was spat out with that trademarkTerry venomous look on his face, doesn't fit at all. Guilty as sin IMO.

Everything I've ever read about Terry in private life paints him as a nasty piece of work. No doubt he can buy the best representation but he might be about to meet his Waterloo here

Makes me wonder whether they know that he's fucked, and so don't want to have been seen to do nothing once everything comes to light. But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play. That's just me making stuff up though.
I happened to be watching the game it happened in, camera had focused on Terry and I have no doubt he said "f'in black bastard" (I remember being taken aback at the time). He's saying he'd prefaced that with "I never called you a..." Well all I saw was the second bit and it was spat out with that trademarkTerry venomous look on his face, doesn't fit at all. Guilty as sin IMO.

Everything I've ever read about Terry in private life paints him as a nasty piece of work. No doubt he can buy the best representation but he might be about to meet his Waterloo here

Lovely family background as well by all accounts.

I couldn't really give a fuck about small-time drug dealing or shoplifting. I mean, I think if you do that and get caught, then you deserve what you get but it hardly makes you public enemy no. 1. Doing it when your son is an England footballer is a different kettle of fish though.

I happened to be watching the game it happened in, camera had focused on Terry and I have no doubt he said "f'in black bastard" (I remember being taken aback at the time).

He's saying he'd prefaced that with "I never called you a..." Well all I saw was the second bit and it was spat out with that trademarkTerry venomous look on his face, doesn't fit at all. Guilty as sin IMO.

Aye I've seen the video footage, that's undoubtedly what he says. The thing I don't get is how no one else has been involved in it. No other players have said "Yeah I heard it and he didn't say 'I never called you a..'" or vice versa confirming that he did say it. Ashley Cole certainly seems to have been close enough to have come to Terry's defence if that's what he heard said.

The initial story that came out was that Ferdinand was headed away from Terry, he passed Ashley Cole and Ashley Cole then said to Terry "He thinks you've called him a black bastard", which prompted Terry to supposedly shout "I never called you a black bastard". So why the fuck has Ashley Cole said nothing about this? Was that just a made up story that Terry couldn't feasibly ask Cole to go along with?

The whole idea that, given how serious racial abuse is taken, your reaction to having an opponent think you racially abused him is to just shout "Oi! I never called you a fucking black bastard!" from 30 yards away and leave it at that is just nonsense. You'd be running and over and saying "Look I don't know what you think I said, but it wasn't that. That's not me, I want to get this cleared up, some of my favourite colleagues' wives are black etc etc."

Aye I've seen the video footage, that's undoubtedly what he says. The thing I don't get is how no one else has been involved in it. No other players have said "Yeah I heard it and he didn't say 'I never called you a..'" or vice versa confirming that he did say it. Ashley Cole certainly seems to have been close enough to have come to Terry's defence if that's what he heard said.

The initial story that came out was that Ferdinand was headed away from Terry, he passed Ashley Cole and Ashley Cole then said to Terry "He thinks you've called him a black bastard", which prompted Terry to supposedly shout "I never called you a black bastard". So why the fuck has Ashley Cole said nothing about this? Was that just a made up story that Terry couldn't feasibly ask Cole to go along with?

The whole idea that, given how serious racial abuse is taken, your reaction to having an opponent think you racially abused him is to just shout "Oi! I never called you a fucking black bastard!" from 30 yards away and leave it at that is just nonsense. You'd be running and over and saying "Look I don't know what you think I said, but it wasn't that. That's not me, I want to get this cleared up, some of my favourite colleagues' wives are black etc etc."

Yeah. I think he basically shit himself when it came out, realising he'd been caught on camera and quickly concocted this tale in the ensuing panic.

If he's not telling the truth the footage won't support it. It's probably not too bright to embellish the story in this way if there's good quality footage of the incident and the events leading up to it

Edit: I should add I haven't actually seen the incident, so don't know if this is the case

Edited by Kitman

But because of innocent until proven guilty, and potential legal challenges, they have to let him play.

They banned Bowyer and Woodgate though, pending the outcome of their criminal trial, so there is a precedent for it.

A lad has just phoned 5Live up and put this point in.

They asked the Chelsea supports group Chairwomen and she basically had blue tinted glasses on. The scumbags!