How many points will we finish the season with?

Baggio

2011/12 points total  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A lot of people feel the same way. Not with the dieing mind - that might require a trophy. :lol:

Most of all I'd like european competition* so if that allows us to finish above Liverpool or requires it nice one!

*I think it'll probably effect next years league form if we get it mind, small squad and all.

look at stoke this year, granted we play better football than they do, but they spent some coin last summer to bolster their squad and this year they have looked a tad shakey. i have absolutely no faith that we will go out and sign the calibre of player(s) needed to be in europe (if we get there) and have a successful domestic campaign.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Home

Man City (0)

Liverpool (0) +3

Norwich (3)

Mackems (1)

Stoke (3)

Wolves (1)

Bolton (3)

Away

Arsenal (0)

Chelsea (0)

Everton (0)

Swansea (1) +2

WBA (1) +2

Wigan (3)

58 point finish

Having secured 7 more than I thought, makes it 65.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest CabayeAye

I think at the end of the season we should name and shame those who got it wrong i.e all you thick cunts who have voted for less than 50 (I think we'll get 60+).

59 points in the bag, looking like we'll finish with at least 65. Hang your heads in shame all you naysayers who voted for less than 60!

Am gan for 64, there's not one home game left other than Man City that we won't be favourites to win, trips to the likes of Blackburn, Swansea, Everton, Wigan etc... Am gann for 64 points and 6th place which would dee this season. Would be glorious to come above Dalglish, Carroll and Enrique.

Think I was the highest Chez.

Am gan for 64, there's not one home game left other than Man City that we won't be favourites to win, trips to the likes of Blackburn, Swansea, Everton, Wigan etc... Am gann for 64 points and 6th place which would dee this season. Would be glorious to come above Dalglish, Carroll and Enrique.

Think I was the highest Chez.

I knew you were the most optimistic back then. 64 is a fucking excellent prediction from back then, well in mate.

Even 56 would have surpassed my expectations, which just goes to show what a remarkable season this has been.

The next concern is of course whatever happens in the summer, but lately our backward steps have been countenanced by larger forward steps, so HWTL. :nufc:

1zxo2sx.jpg

Graphed it :)

For 2012 the Bottom value is the current total (59), middle one the expected finish total based on current points per game (59/33) multiplied by 38 games (68) and the top line is if we win the 5 games remaining (74) - which would be our best total since 1996 :o

• 4 weeks later...

50 points would be a disaster imo. We've got 33 points nuw man. So what you're saying is if we average just under a point a game for the next 18 games we're doing well?? FFS W4 D5 L9 would get us 50 points man. Have a word with yourselves. The hardest games of the season have gone away in Manchester and Liverpool where we're always pish. If we don't get 60 I'll be disappointed. W9 D3 L6 would give us 60 man, and that wouldn't even be that good in my view.

Home games alone

QPR

Villa

Wolves

Sunderland

Norwich

Liverpool

Bolton

Man City

Stoke

If there's not 7 wins from them games alone something is wrong.

We got 7 wins.

;)

Pish. We're missing our best players and we still won. We were totally shit, but it's better to be shit and win, than play class and lose. The problem is Best and Shola to a large extent, they'll be gone from Sunday onwards, people will actually have some players to hit up front, mobile, skillful, imaginative strikers. We didn't have them and we still won.

The thing is you're only my age and you put negative spin on everything, what are you going to be like at 45. "11 points from 12 tells its' own story", well my bit of spin tells its' own story too....

6ibn2t.png

Stevie's 64 point prediction made on January 10th, one of the highlights of TT's season.

Yee and me are two of the only ones who aren't steeped in negativity and misery on here, it amazes me that our support ever gets called deluded, we're the most depreciative bunch of wanks in football in my view.