Rangers enter Administration

Christmas Tree

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd dismiss the first one definitely not the second one though. To win it in Brazil with the lights of England in it, who basically looked down their nose at everyone till Puskas was nee mean feat.

I might give you Brazil 1950 at a push. Brazil hadn't won owt themselves at that stage though so I'm not convinced. I write Italy's first two WC's off for the same reason. In fact if I'm being honest, I probably downgrade everything pre 1970. That's probably overly harsh and summat to do with it being in colour, but I do genuinely feel that was the decade when the World and European competitions had become properly 'established' and football had become a more modern game. I don't do that lightly either because it leaves us without a major trophy ever.

You can'y do that, you can only compete with what's in front of you at the time. All are equally valid IMO. The fact that football hadn't got it's house in order in some places as opposed to others don't enter into it.

As if to highlight what a tiny insignificance of a club Rangers are, we get bored after 40 posts and end up talking about Derek Ferguson's time at Sunderland, Uruguay's population, and why Scotland didn't go to the 1950 World Cup

I don't really think anyone really cares because in some form or another Rangers will always be there. As will Pompey, as did Leeds, as did Boro, as did Accrington Stanley etc.

The taxman's out for blood, becasue of the very example's you state above and their "protected" status as football clubs.

I don't really think anyone really cares because in some form or another Rangers will always be there. As will Pompey, as did Leeds, as did Boro, as did Accrington Stanley etc.
The taxman's out for blood, becasue of the very example's you state above and their "protected" status as football clubs.

Accrington and Aldershot are the only two that went tits up during the season and couldnt continue to fulfill their fixtures. But both their names lived on and the new clubs formed in those towns have both regained their league status. The "companies" may die but the clubs don't because theyre based on civic or regional identity and not a balance sheet. AFC Wimbledon are similar in a way but for different reasons. Reckon you're right about the taxman though.

The only club I can think of in "recent" times who didnt come back is the Scottish club Third Lanark who went pop in the 60s and havent resurfaced. Clydebank FC now play in the Junior leagues in Glasgow. Maybe thats where Rangers will end up. Apparently theres a "Mr Big" in the wings waiting in the wings for this all to unravel and then he's going to bankroll them. Wouldnt hold my breath on that though.

All I've ever heard from Rangers fans is that they are a massive club compared to Newcastle because they reguarly win trophies, none were willing to accept the argument that the trophies they win are fairly worthless to any fan with a sense of perspective.

You constantly hear bollocks from both Celtic & Rangers fans about how well they'd do in the premier league but to be honest either of them would struggle to win the championship.

Can't say I'm fussed about Rangers going into Admin & Celtic fans should use their brains and realise that it's going to effect them too.

You constantly hear bollocks from both Celtic & Rangers fans about how well they'd do in the premier league but to be honest either of them would struggle to win the championship.

Middlesbrough are evidence of that.

Accrington and Aldershot are the only two that went tits up during the season and couldnt continue to fulfill their fixtures. But both their names lived on and the new clubs formed in those towns have both regained their league status. The "companies" may die but the clubs don't because theyre based on civic or regional identity and not a balance sheet. AFC Wimbledon are similar in a way but for different reasons. Reckon you're right about the taxman though.

The only club I can think of in "recent" times who didnt come back is the Scottish club Third Lanark who went pop in the 60s and havent resurfaced. Clydebank FC now play in the Junior leagues in Glasgow. Maybe thats where Rangers will end up. Apparently theres a "Mr Big" in the wings waiting in the wings for this all to unravel and then he's going to bankroll them. Wouldnt hold my breath on that though.

The identity always "lives on" as you say due to the regional/civic thing. But the wider issue is, clubs just re-emerge having overspent and owing huge debts virtuallu unscathed. Leicetser was the one that caused the - 10 points to be brought in I think.

HMRC wants the full amount possible paid back and proper liquidations (as in clubs losing their ground etc if they own it), ergo clubs should start at the bottom again. If they are so over-extended anyway.

Would be good to see one of the other teams step up in that league.

Who can say how well the Old Firm clubs would do in the Premiership. Where exactly would they enter the league? Not exactly fair to instate them straight into the Premiership when there are so many team in the league below capable of a promotion push.

Accrington and Aldershot are the only two that went tits up during the season and couldnt continue to fulfill their fixtures.

Maidstone United too iirc.

Who can say how well the Old Firm clubs would do in the Premiership. Where exactly would they enter the league? Not exactly fair to instate them straight into the Premiership when there are so many team in the league below capable of a promotion push.

Which is why it will never happen. Why would Premier League clubs vote to have less of a chance of being in the PL? Also, why would Championship clubs vote to have less of a chance of getting promoted to the PL.

English football doesn't need them.

Which is why it will never happen. Why would Premier League clubs vote to have less of a chance of being in the PL? Also, why would Championship clubs vote to have less of a chance of getting promoted to the PL.

Aye I don't think it will, if it did they should be forced to enter from the bottom rung but even then I don't want them in English football. Agree with your point before about Boro the core of that team won the SPL, they're championship standard teams at best tbh.

Can't say I'm fussed about Rangers going into Admin & Celtic fans should use their brains and realise that it's going to effect them too.

We thrashed them 4-1 in a pre-season friendly and iirc they won the league and we finished 14th (under Roeder maybe?), both terrible sides makes me cringe when they draw a team like Man utd in the CL groups "battle of britain" before Man utd dominate them 3-0.

Edited by Howay

Aye I don't think it will, if it did they should be forced to enter from the bottom rung but even then I don't want them in English football. Agree with your point before about Boro the core of that team won the SPL, they're championship standard teams at best tbh.

We thrashed them 4-1 in a pre-season friendly and iirc they won the league and we finished 14th (under Roeder maybe?), both terrible sides makes me cringe when they draw a team like Man utd in the CL groups "battle of britain" before Man utd dominate them 3-0.

4-2 in Summer 2004, under Souness (August 1st actually)

We had Steve Harper up front for one of them and I'm fair sure he got an assist. :lol:

or an assist to an assist...

:lol: They beat us recently and promptly had a wankfest, totally discounting the fact we'd only just been promoted and Arsenal smashed them 3-0 a few week later.

Edited by Howay