Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Christmas Tree

Cabaye started the season with a bang and has been getting steadily worse. He was anonymous today. As usual the oppositions joy seemed to come from our right flank, Simpson and Williamson need to improve. HBA, although he didnt do that much individually seemed to introduce a spark of life to the team and if the match had of gone on i have no doubt we would have won.

I get the distinct feeling that Pardew is messing about with his tactics and hoping it all works out in the end. Playing the way we did in the forst half of the season no longer works as our weaknesses have been found out. Time for something new, and i say thats a 4-3-3.

Watching newcastle is a tad depressing these days, we dont seem to have the ability to overwhelm teams, or even control the game with a 2 goal gap.

Edited by Alain Pardeiux

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my little seat in the Leazes I thought it was the same old problem, ie a total lack of creativity from midfield or on the wings.

Great goal from Jonas but my god does that bloke fanny on down the wing at times. Nothing on the other wing either.

For me the wings are our biggest problem and the two lads is the middle are simply relying on scraps or Danny Simpson wellies into the box.

They were shit so it tells you how shit we were. We just didnt look like we could be arsed, particularly second half.

I thought the game was crying out for Obertans pace down the right and once again hoped for good stuff as Ben Arfa arrived. He tried and nearly made in roads but didnt half give the ball away a lot.

I cant really see much hope for this team until we get good wingers and some creativity in the middle. Unfortunately by then I fear other key positions will have moved on.

A bit depressed tonight and not looking forward to the Derby just yet. :(

Edit: Also thought Tiote was sheer class.

You're just doing the anti-Jonas thing for attention now aren't you?

From my little seat in the Leazes I thought it was the same old problem, ie a total lack of creativity from midfield or on the wings.

Great goal from Jonas but my god does that bloke fanny on down the wing at times. Nothing on the other wing either.

For me the wings are our biggest problem and the two lads is the middle are simply relying on scraps or Danny Simpson wellies into the box.

They were shit so it tells you how shit we were. We just didnt look like we could be arsed, particularly second half.

I thought the game was crying out for Obertans pace down the right and once again hoped for good stuff as Ben Arfa arrived. He tried and nearly made in roads but didnt half give the ball away a lot.

I cant really see much hope for this team until we get good wingers and some creativity in the middle. Unfortunately by then I fear other key positions will have moved on.

A bit depressed tonight and not looking forward to the Derby just yet.

Edit: Also thought Tiote was sheer class.

You're just doing the anti-Jonas thing for attention now aren't you?

Zzzzzzzzzz. Zzzzzzzzz

Watching newcastle is a tad depressing these days, we dont seem to have the ability to overwhelm teams, or even control the game with a 2 goal gap.

For fuck sake, what kind of an attitude is this to have?

This is set to be our highest league finish in years! :lol:

Bad result aye, let's move on and try and get a better one in the next game rather than write off a brilliant season. Christ, it's all very well and good when we're winning games left right and center but we simply don't have a strong enough squad to maintain a realistic european push. Top half was seen as an achievement at the start of the season, now that we're in with an outside shot of a euro place suddenly deluded expectations appear and the players get slated from every angle of their performances.

I'm disappointed we drew today but we're always shit against Wolves.

Williamson should have cleared that free kick twice and both times he only managed to knock it into the path of a Wolves player. Not good enough when you're inside your own six yard box. Must get rid in that circumstance and he failed to do so. I'm starting to think he's not as good in the air as I thought he was and that's damning because that's the only aspect of his game that I rated as adequate for this level. Not getting a centre back in in the window is clearing costing us points.

In saying that we looked woeful in all departments in the second half. Two shots from Ben Arfa and a chance that Cabaye should have done better with was all we had. Nothing inside the box.

Second half performances like the ones we have been putting in in recent weeks are inexcusable. If we can't close out Wolves for 45 minutes at home with a two goal lead what chance do we have for the rest of the season? Not much.

For fuck sake, what kind of an attitude is this to have? This is set to be our highest league finish in years! :lol: Bad result aye, let's move on and try and get a better one in the next game rather than write off a brilliant season. Christ, it's all very well and good when we're winning games left right and center but we simply don't have a strong enough squad to maintain a realistic european push. Top half was seen as an achievement at the start of the season, now that we're in with an outside shot of a euro place suddenly deluded expectations appear and the players get slated from every angle of their performances. I'm disappointed we drew today but we're always shit against Wolves.

totally agree. But the fact remains that today's second half performance was not good enough if I had expectations of surviving relegation. 2-0 up at home against a basically managerless team thrown away is not something you can paper over as a blip when there is precedent.

For fuck sake, what kind of an attitude is this to have?

This is set to be our highest league finish in years! :lol:

Bad result aye, let's move on and try and get a better one in the next game rather than write off a brilliant season. Christ, it's all very well and good when we're winning games left right and center but we simply don't have a strong enough squad to maintain a realistic european push. Top half was seen as an achievement at the start of the season, now that we're in with an outside shot of a euro place suddenly deluded expectations appear and the players get slated from every angle of their performances.

I'm disappointed we drew today but we're always shit against Wolves.

Performance was in line with most of the season in truth. More often than not we've been able to grind out 3 points with a bit more desire.

We went 451 at a free kick when we were 2-1 up. 30 seconds later we were drawing and needed to find a winner with one striker on the pitch. Poor tactics by Pardew. Guthrie was horrendous and Ben Arfa finally put the messiah claims to rest, he was shite. Front 2 worked hard and Tiote was our best player by a mile. Jonas spends more time at left back than Santon as well. Truly gutted.

agree 100%

I've asked you to name what games he's outperformed Guthrie in when they've played together yet you can't,

They've played together for 4 games when you take out cameos. Stoke, Man City, Man u and Chelsea. Of those I'd say Guthrie might have been been the better player against Stoke.

I had Guthrie as the better player against all of those apart from Man City, I'd throw the Fulham game in there too as they both played the majority of. I thought Guthrie was man of the match in the Everton and QPR games too which Cabaye didn't look particularly impressive in before he went off.

Maybe JawS is right and without Tiote next to him Cabaye plays more of a subdued role but I would prefer to see what Guthrie looks like this season next to Tiote for a few games rather than watching him walk away for free in the summer.

No score draw this weekend i think. Both utter shit.

There were times when Cabaye was walking around the middle of the park at a complete loss, the ball would drop in front of him and Tiote would beat him to it from 5 yards further away. He'll not get away with it in the Derby, the crowd will be much less forgiving than they were in Saturdays library like atmosphere.