Balotelli - what happens next?

ADP

Thought this deserved its own thread as I know its the talk of the footballing toon at the moment. Just read a good article on sky sports website(yes, a GOOD article), which stood out like a sore thumb compared to their usual drivel:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7663508/Bye-bye-Balotelli-

The article compares Balotelli/Mancini to Cantona/Ferguson. I think it does well to cut through the bandwagon media on the subject, and highlight a few silly things that have been uttered recently (i.e. Balotelli costing Mancity the title, Harry Redknapp being championed by the same section of the press who are vilifying Mancini and painting him as completely incompetent). I know there is a Balotelli thread somewhere else, however I would like to hear what people think of the current situation - Do you think he'll leave? Do you think Mancini will get sacked? - these being the base questions I'm curious about. Hope to hear some opinions.

nb: I say the article is pretty good, certainly worth a read...but not great mind! Just nice to see sky sports are actually able to put a piece of journalism out there which doesn't completely suck.

I hope Balotelli doesn't leave the pl. It's refreshing having a player with a personality in the league. If he is sold I wouldn't want him though, not that it would be a possibility, but for arguments sake, the guy has way too much attitude to fit in with the way we approach things now.

Will he be willing to take a paycut? If not, it has to be PSG or back to italy.

He is on 130 grand a week, so unless he is willing to take a step down wagewise, the amount of clubs able to afford his services

can be counted on a hand of someone with Moebius syndrome...

It's ridiculous the flak he's taking no, though there's no excuse for the lunges. The guy's just a bit daft in my opinion and I'm not sure Mancini's somewhat cold approach at times, as well as his jabbing players in the media, helps. As much as Balotelli says he loves Mancini, Tevez said the same thing a few times. I just can't help feeling someone else could manage him better.

Guest CabayeAye

Mancini is pretty poorly suited to the PL. Barely speaks english, openly criticises his players in the media, backed down over the Tevez situation and often seems defeated by a little bit of pressure. He has by far and away the best squad in the league and the fact that Man U with their worst squad are years is running away with the title shows the gulf in class between Ferguson and Mancini.

Man City will never win the league with Mancini at the helm.

Brilliant footballer who needs a decent manager to reel him in. If he was at Old Trafford he'd be as sensational as Ronaldo was (who also was a bit enigmatic and a nightmare to begin with).

This episode combined with the Tevez saga has done nothing but convince me that Mancini is a dreadful manager.

Mancini is pretty poorly suited to the PL. Barely speaks english, openly criticises his players in the media, backed down over the Tevez situation and often seems defeated by a little bit of pressure. He has by far and away the best squad in the league and the fact that Man U with their worst squad are years is running away with the title shows the gulf in class between Ferguson and Mancini.

Man City will never win the league with Mancini at the helm.

Do you think there is room for an argument that he is adapting the the unique situation of Man City as well?

Brilliant footballer who needs a decent manager to reel him in. If he was at Old Trafford he'd be as sensational as Ronaldo was (who also was a bit enigmatic and a nightmare to begin with).

This episode combined with the Tevez saga has done nothing but convince me that Mancini is a dreadful manager.

Ronaldo-level is taking it a bit far but he oozes quality. Replacement for Ba in the summer? :lol:

Him and Ben Arfa can eat mars bars behind the bike shed during training

I don't think it is too far, I think he is that good. His temperament needs channelling but if it was, you'd see an even better player IMO.

Odious little cunts who are on my ignore list:

1. Gemmil

2. Ewerk

3. Toonotl

4. The Fish

5. J69

My posting experience on here is so much the better for not having to read their shite! :)

Top spot Gem. Watch your back.

:lol: Im labelled a shitspouter as well but Im not gonna put anyone on my ignorelist.

Surprised you have gemill on there, he strikes me as the most friendly one around here.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I don't think it is too far, I think he is that good. His temperament needs channelling but if it was, you'd see an even better player IMO.

He's an exceptionally gifted footballer, the trouble is he'll never realise his full potential as he's a loon.

Stick him on a 30k p/w contract and have Pards not play him for the first half of the season and he'd fire us to the top 4 next season without fail. ;)

Odious little cunts who are on my ignore list:

1. Gemmil

2. Ewerk

3. Toonotl

4. The Fish

5. J69

My posting experience on here is so much the better for not having to read their shite! :)

Top spot Gem. Watch your back.

:lol: Ecstatic to be top of that helmet's list

Balotelli's problem is that he is a massive child and doesn't appear to have any interest in learning or studying the game, he has got where he has largely on raw talent but I can't see him progressing much. Look at him when he isn't on the pitch i.e. playing with an ipad on the bench or fucking round with his mates in a private box rather than watching the match.

He loves the attention that the media give him but unless he starts to mature then he will never fulfil his potential.

Mancini played an odd game here.

Signs a player he knows is fucking nuts

After several high-profile incidents, says he can't trust Mario

Starts Mario against mackems, pos-match claims he was considering subbing him after 5mins

Starts him against Arsenal in huge match which pretty much would decide the title. MB spends 90mins trying to amputate legs and doing fuck all else until red carded. RM leaves leaves £70m worth of strikers on the bench. Post match says he's finished with him.

Good management.

His goal records in both England and Italy are astounding for someone of his age, especially with the fact he's completely mental.

Agree that he needs a proper manager to sort him out as Mancini is hopeless, whereas a manager like Ferguson wouldn't allow some of his antics.

He could really develop into a top class player, perhaps even world class as Craig is pointing too but he'll never get that with a bloke like Mancini.

Agree with the comments about Mancini, he's simply not up the job of managing that squad. Said to my brother at half time on Sunday that Balotelli needed to come off before he was sent off.

Surprised you're not arguing his first foul on Song was an accident

Agree with the comments about Mancini, he's simply not up the job of managing that squad. Said to my brother at half time on Sunday that Balotelli needed to come off before he was sent off.

Aye it was clear to anyone watching that match that Balotelli had lost his discipline and would probably get sent off, Mancini was the only one oblivious to the fact. He always looks like a man that has no control of the situation.