Dr Gloom

LeazesMag

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: You genuinely don't see your own double standards do you? You honestly think you're hard done by, misunderstood, that you're winning arguments and making us all look stupid.

It's hilarious.

winning arguments ?

In a few years time, people will be saying that Mike Ashley never had any intention for the club other than running an advertising vehicle for Sports direct, would sell a player to make money rather than compete for the higher places including the higher monies and bigger sponsorships that go with speculating to accumulate on a longer term basis, and the current good season [first in 5 years] will not be built on with an intention to go higher, everything I've been saying for ages which they disagree with. And you say I'm hilarious ?

:lol:

Preposterous (all of it, not only the highlighted bit)

you haven't noticed the advertising all over the ground, on the roof and the change of stadium name then ? :lol: Oh of course, you haven't been to the stadium have you ?

Free sponsorship and change of 2nd strip colours to come at some time in the future............

As well as the profits from player sales, but we'll leave that to the football forum I think.

Edited by LeazesMag

winning arguments ?

In a few years time, people will be saying that Mike Ashley never had any intention for the club other than running an advertising vehicle for Sports direct, would sell a player to make money rather than compete for the higher places including the higher monies and bigger sponsorships that go with speculating to accumulate on a longer term basis, and the current good season [first in 5 years] will not be built on with an intention to go higher, everything I've been saying for ages which they disagree with. And you say I'm hilarious ?

Leazes, mate, You're not some kind of visionary who sees the bad points and errors Mike Ashley makes where nobody else does, quite a few of us do, you're not alone on that, of course he's using NUFC to promote sports direct and I can't stand it. However, whether by luck or intention he seems to be getting a few things right, especially on the pitch, which as you sometimes point out to Toonpack, is what matters above financial spreadsheets. You have to give credit and be fair when they get things right as well as put the boot in when he does things we've all, (well most of us), abhorred a la 'sports direct arena'. I'd hate to be in dispute with you about a borrowed tenner, LM, you'd be like a fucking dog with a bone. ;)

"in a few years time". :lol: So we have to put up with this shite for years to come then. You're wrong. And far from having been right for the last few years, you've been wrong. Other people are eating humble pie where Ashley is concerned. Time you started to do the same.

As with Leazes, threads like 'LeazesMag-put him on ignore' don't exactly help and phrases like 'people eating humble pie where Ashley is concerned' is just bollocks not likely to win you any arguments. Are a lot of Ashley doubters happy with how things are going on the pitch? Too fucking right I am! If Ashley has a model for eventual success then I'm happy to give him credit, thing is he's still did a lot of harm as far as I'm concerned and I'm still suspicious. But then I'm a 'uber Geordie' lad that doesn't like Man U being refered to as just 'United' by the media so I don't have any perspective. You're a good poster Gemmill but you're getting sucked in (to be changed to sucked off when Fist FYP's it) to this LeazesMag thing.

Your times up you miserable fucker. 99.9999 recurring % of Newcastle fans enjoying themselves and you sitting there like old mother shipton forecasting doom and gloom.

Everyone on this forum comes here for the here and now first and anything else secondary. You come here for the gloom and despair only.

Either support the club or join a day centre you miserable old twat.

Apparently he does support the club AND HAS DONE FOR YEARS! But are we all to be happy clappy and predict 6-1 wins every week? As you're someone who's taken, (and still does), a bit of abuse on here, (some warranted, some in good fun but some of it uncalled for), maybe you could give him some slack or am I being soft as shite?

In summary;

Leazes = Keep continuing to keep a critical eye on Ashley but give credit when it's called for. Listen to others as you would want to be listened to and lighten up a bit, mate. :good:

Gemmill = Don't put LM on ignore however don't feel the need to get involved every time you think LM is getting out of hand. Also, people have a right to be cautious of Ashley and Llambias and critical of them. Standing up for your club is allowed, you don't have to sit back and be blase about things just so some prick who doesn't like NUFC anyway can't have a dig at us. I'm not eating any humble pie about Ashley but I'm pleased he seems to getting things right as we're winning and things seem to be looking up. The fickleness of football fans eh? :D

CT = Just keep us posted on the diets, the lights in the sky and your latest fads etc and the leave the football talk and score predictions to the proper fans, mate. ;)

I include myself in the eating humble pie thing like, so I don't see it as a big deal at all. I think you'd struggle to find anyone who still isn't suspicious or at best cautiously optimistic about the future.

Cautious optimism is about as good as it ever gets at NUFC though, that's not just an Ashley thing. There's only one bloke on here that's unreservedly pessimistic though. And that's his prerogative and is not the issue that I have with him.

:lol: Unfortunately that was an after pub rant of pure frustration and something I do my best to avoid.

That said, we are talking about a retired supposedly sensible bloke who is acting like a four year old.

As has been stated by most until they are blue in the face, it is not his views that cause offence simply the way and the frequency with which he posts them.

Any potentially interesting thread whether it be Europe, transfer activity, the latest financial information or whatever is seized upon by him to dwell upon a possible bleak future that may or not come true.

People have tried to debate reasonably with him many times over the last few years and we all know how that goes. Why a few people still do really really confuses me as the format is always the same and descends very quickly into a circus.

If it was all kept in a thread titled Leazes's view of the world then it would be great as those of us who so wished to stay well clear.

However as many again have already confirmed, his actions over many threads deter people from posting leading to a less lively, less interesting board.

He is not to my knowledge mentally challenged, a child, a victim or an old dear trying to have his say so in my view does not need molly coddling or a cuddle or a support group.

He simply needs to act his age, realise enough is enough and show some self control.

Edited by Christmas Tree

:lol: Unfortunately that was an after pub rant of pure frustration and something I do my best to avoid.

That said, we are talking about a retired supposedly sensible bloke who is acting like a four year old.

As has been stated by most until they are blue in the face, it is not his views that cause offence simply the way and the frequency with which he posts them.

Any potentially interesting thread whether it be Europe, transfer activity, the latest financial information or whatever is seized upon by him to dwell upon a possible bleak future that may or not come true.

People have tried to debate reasonably with him many times over the last few years and we all know how that goes. Why a few people still do really really confuses me as the format is always the same and descends very quickly into a circus.

If it was all kept in a thread titled Leazes's view of the world then it would be great as those of us who so wished to stay well clear.

However as many again have already confirmed, his actions over many threads deter people from posting leading to a less lively, less interesting board.

He is not to my knowledge mentally challenged, a child, a victim or an old dear trying to have his say so in my view does not need molly coddling or a cuddle or a support group.

He simply needs to act his age, realise enough is enough and show some self control.

were you drinking this lunchtime CT :lol:

Plenty of people have refused to answer sensible questions posed by me. Plenty of people have made childish and unprompted immature comments when I'm debating with someone else.

Not everybody jumps up an ddown and predicts a 6-1 win for the toon every week, but at least it shows your heart is in the right place.

This has been done and discussed, but one or two people are starting to make silly posts again. By one or two people who insisted they wanted to put me on ignore too. I'm happy if they leave me on ignore, then I can engage debate with people who want to do the same.

I admire your optimism, I'm sure you're a good bloke, for a taxi driver.

Lets leave it eh ? Night night.

Edited by LeazesMag

Howmanheyman...You make a lot of sense. Totally agree with the points you make.

Toonpack-I like the Bar in your signature....did you make it yourself or was it stolen from a football site?

Overall you contributed to an enjoyable forum yesterday. Well done.

I would suggest rather than referring to the odd few winding you up, just ignore them.

thank you Sir. Are you suggesting I ignore ALL the plebs

:razz: