NEWCASTLE UNITED ARE IN EUROPE

Ayatollah Hermione

Is Gosling only 21? Fuck me.

Just turned 22 according to Wiki. Still young, still time for him to be a handy squad member. Unlike Amdy Faye

You say that but most of Liverpool's buys are young too yet people think it is perfectly fine to write them off. They may become world beaters. I wouldn't put it past Andy Carroll.

Gosling cost nothing and is being developed slowly by a management team who has gotten results out of James Perch. Jordan Henderson went for £20 million, can't pass the ball 5 yards and is being expected to perform right away by Kenny Dalglish, a man so fucking useless, he signed Andreas Andersson. Henderson and Gosling could well turn out to be of similar quality. If so, and that level is England international quality, who will have had the best deal? Think hard now.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obertan is shit like.

Not to say he won't prove to be but that has been said about a lot of the players who have played a big part in us qualifying for Europe.

In the name of objective reason I declare that Obertan is shit. He is essentially a bit part player now in our squad, which is how it should remain if we have European ambitions. He could do a job against some of the Europa teams we'll face in the earlier stages of that competition.

If Pardew can turn Perch into a premiership player, maybe he can do the same for Obertan?

Well done to Pardew and the lads to get into Europe, fucking magic. I never expected to get to this stage of the season and still be excited about the remaining games too.

I think what Flair is trying to say is that while our transfer policy is excellent, sometimes you need to shell out that extra million or pay what player is worth in order to get him over the line.

Investing in young players with resale value on the "cheap" is fine and all that, but sometimes you need players with routine and experience who are already at their peak level, in order to do a job. You could say that about Cissè, but he is the exception to the rule. We needed a CB in january but couldnt find a big enough bargain.

Wenger bought a 30 year old midfielder from everton for 10 million, hardly one for the future was he, but he filled a position and they are now steadily on cource for 3rd even after losing clichy, nasri and fabregas without properly replacing any of them...

In short: Buy cheap when you can, but be prepared to occationally pay the going price when its required. Im not sure our regime is fully onboard with the latter one...

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I'd say we'd need 4-5 new players this summer to prepare us adequately for the Europa League, runs in the cups, and the League. 1 or 2 more if Guthrie or Simpson leave as well.

I think 4-5 is asking too much though I do agree that if we were serious about competing on all fronts we'd need that many. The problem is that if we bloat the squad with players we run the risk of upsetting the apple cart and also leaving ourselves with an excess of players in subsequent seasons if we fail to qualify for Europe again.

We need a left back, at least one central defender, a winger and to keep the rest of our players.

I think what Flair is trying to say is that while our transfer policy is excellent, sometimes you need to shell out that extra million or pay what player is worth in order to get him over the line.

Investing in young players with resale value on the "cheap" is fine and all that, but sometimes you need players with routine and experience who are already at their peak level, in order to do a job. You could say that about Cissè, but he is the exception to the rule. We needed a CB in january but couldnt find a big enough bargain.

Wenger bought a 30 year old midfielder from everton for 10 million, hardly one for the future was he, but he filled a position and they are now steadily on cource for 3rd even after losing clichy, nasri and fabregas without properly replacing any of them...

In short: Buy cheap when you can, but be prepared to occationally pay the going price when its required. Im not sure our regime is fully onboard with the latter one...

why exactly have you disagreed with me when I have always said what you are saying here ?

Fuck me sideways.

Are you Gloomy in disguise ?

Edited by LeazesMag

I keep seeing people saying that if Chelsea win the CL it will knack us for Europe. I don't see how. Could someone please explain?

After the Liverpool shambles an English winner takes the place from a 4th place finisher. 4th becomes the Europa league place.

Not a worry like cos Barca will moider them

I keep seeing people saying that if Chelsea win the CL it will knack us for Europe. I don't see how. Could someone please explain?

After the Liverpool shambles an English winner takes the place from a 4th place finisher. 4th becomes the Europa league place.

But 5th would still get its place in the EL? In which case if Chelsea finished 5th and already have CL, then it drops to 6th place, surely?

I still don't see how it can impact us. As you say, they'll get beat anyway.

But 5th would still get its place in the EL? In which case if Chelsea finished 5th and already have CL, then it drops to 6th place, surely?

I still don't see how it can impact us. As you say, they'll get beat anyway.

No, still only 3 Europa places.

CL 1, 2, 3 and Chelsea

EL - 4, FA cup an Liverpool

If spurs win the cup and finish 4th, EL goes to 5th......I think, might be runner up.

Actually wait a minute I think I'm still confused about this. :lol:

The FA Cup final will be contested by an already qualified Liverpool and one of Chelsea or Spurs. So the FA Cup Fnal spot will either be won by Spurs, which would free up the fourth placed spot that they would have got had Chelsea won the cup, dropping that spot down to 5th or 6th, or it will go to Spurs as runner up or to the league, depending on what the ruling is there.

Either way I don't see how it fucks things up for 6th. If someone outside of the top 6 was in the FA Cup Final, then yes, but otherwise it's the same number of places to go around the same number of teams.

Edited by Gemmill

The FA Cup final will be contested by an already qualified Liverpool and one of Chelsea or Spurs. So the FA Cup Fnal spot will either be won by Spurs, which would free up the fourth placed spot that they would have got had Chelsea won the cup, dropping that spot down to 5th or 6th, or it will go to Spurs as runner up or to the league, depending on what the ruling is there.

Either way I don't see how it fucks things up for 6th. If someone outside of the top 6 was in the FA Cup Final, then yes, but otherwise it's the same number of places to go around the same number of teams.

As the league stands...

If Chelsea do the double...

Man u, man city, arsenal, Chelsea - CL

Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle (5th) - EL

If Chelsea only win the fa cup...

Man u, man city, arsenal, Spurs- CL

Chelsea, Liverpool, Newcastle (5th) - EL

If Chelsea win nowt

Man u, man city, arsenal, Spurs - CL

Liverpool, Newcastle-(5th), Chelsea (6th) EL

It only screws us if we finish 4th and lose out on champions league on double checking.

Edited by Happy Face

As the league stands...

If Chelsea win nowt

It only screws us if we finish 4th and lose out on champions league on double checking.

Nice one, cheers. Think I get it now. :lol:

As the league stands...

If Chelsea win nowt

Nice one, cheers. Think I get it now. :lol:

does your head hurt :lol: