NEWCASTLE UNITED ARE IN EUROPE

Ayatollah Hermione

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We 100% are now.

Rubbish !! stick to the facts.

We will NEVER qualify for Europe through league position while Ashley is in charge NEVER I say !!!!!!

(until we do then it'll be a flash in the pan)

If we go into the Europa League I assume we go in at the Play-off round no matter where we finish in the table?

The club that finishes highest in the table goes straight into the group stage.

The confusion at the moment is what happens if Chelsea win the CL (as the league gets awarded an extra spot in the EL). In that scenario do fourth and fifth bypass the qualifiers/play-offs or will it only be the fourth placed club that does?

The club that finishes highest in the table goes straight into the group stage.

The confusion at the moment is what happens if Chelsea win the CL (as the league gets awarded an extra spot in the EL). In that scenario do fourth and fifth bypass the qualifiers/play-offs or will it only be the fourth placed club that does?

is that right though? I thought if chelsea win the CL that would just mean that the club finishing fourth (assuming this isnt them) would be playing europa league instead as the 4 CL places would already be taken up, nothing about this being an EXTRA europa place. Thought thinking about this it would mean that if they did win we wouldnt get into europe at all by finishing 5th, which cant be right.

guess you're right, just thinking aloud like ;)

I just don't understand why if Chelsea win the CL, then 4th place is Europa. When Liverpool won in 2005, they didn't get 4th that season. Everton did, but Liverpool were allowed back into the CL to defend their crown and Everton still got their CL qualifier (which they duly fucked up). Why is it different this time?

I just don't understand why if Chelsea win the CL, then 4th place is Europa. When Liverpool won in 2005, they didn't get 4th that season. Everton did, but Liverpool were allowed back into the CL to defend their crown and Everton still got their CL qualifier (which they duly fucked up). Why is it different this time?

Because following that precedent they made some rules to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

Not there yet, calm down lads.

Don't mean to bring a downer on this but it's not 100% confirmed yet. Hopefully "When" it is we get an away play off with a small team in the middle of the Ukraine or somewhere. Passport isn't out yet. :nufc:

Just looking at the first page, has anyone gave these wankers any stick yet?

Are you fucking thick?

In all seriousness. Drive to Hemel Hempstead, park up and get the tube into London. Youre 40 miles nearer home on the ay back and miss all the traffic

Long walk from Hemel Hempstead to a tube station like....

Apparently the fact that we have rented the ground out to the Olympics is gonna mean we can't play any European qualifier there.

The SMB is aflame with stories of us having to potentially use their ground. :lol: