The Ten Best Ever Newcastle Goals

Two Tommy's (coincidently both of whom only scored 22 NUFC goals).

Tommy Cassidy scored a pearler from about 25 yards (against who I can't recall, Burnley mebe's !?!?!?!) it never got over a couple of inches off the ground but went like a missile. Think it may have won goal of the season on Shoot. A fellow codger may recall it.

Tommy Craig v Spuds in the gallowgate end left foot curler from way out wide, was sat right behind it in the East Stand, great view.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. Best goal that never was (after Rob Lee's) Pop Robson direct free kick curler (Beckham/Ronaldo-esque) v Arsenal disallowed because that twat George Graham encroached and wasn't 10 yards, stupid Ref made us retake it, needless to say didn't score.

Haha

Class find.

As good as I remembered.

I googled "laurent robert overhead kick" for future reference :thumbsup::icon_lol:

Mind You this wasn't bad!!!

That's the best one.

Always been a bit of a contrary fucker myself, John Tudor was my fave as a nipper.

Edited by Toonpack

Shearer's goal record for Blackburn btw: played 138, goals 112 :lol:

Have you seen Messi and Ronaldo's current records. Crackers

Since his £80m transfer from Manchester United in the summer of 2009, Ronaldo had scored 138 times in 136 appearances for Real Madrid. In that period, Barcelona's maestro delivered 161 goals in 159 games.

Christ Rob's fashion sense was a bit iffy back then. Starts that clip being interviewed in a red suit and ends the clip in yellow. Great player all the same.

Srnicek's hair at 0:40 is taking the piss to be totally frank.

Have you seen Messi and Ronaldo's current records. Crackers

Phenomenal. Shearer's is easily on a par though given the chances created per team per game.

Dyer was class but Ben Arfa's goals have been better for me. Dyer's runs were basically about him knocking it out of his feet and getting on his bike. Ben Arfa operates at pace too, but he's a million times more skillfull. He's about balance, dropping the shoulder and drawing the challenge. He'll run head on into defenders facing him and beat them, whereas Dyer was more about knocking it past them and relying on the after burners kicking in.

Didn't see this the other day, I wasn't saying Dyer was comparable to Ben Arfa. Just that in terms of SHEER ATHLETICISM Dyer's Everton goal is probably only matched by Ben Arfa's recent goal against Bolton