England

LeazesMag

Didn't we have one of the youngest squads there. The old guard - Gerrard and Terry were our best players.

Perhaps, but maybe not the youngest starting eleven

Gerrard - 32

Terry - 31........32 in December.

Cole - 31 .......32 in December.

Parker - 31 .......32 in October.

Lescott - 29 .......30 in August.

Johnson - 27... ....28 in August.

Young - 26 .......27 in July.

Rooney - 26 .......27 in October.

Milner - 26.

Hart - 25.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked out of the hotel in sunny Corfu (gutted!). Sat in the lobby waiting for the airport transfer. Been nice watching the tournament over here with no English press coverage - 9:45 kickoffs too cos of the time difference. I'd honestly take the Greek broadcast over Adrian Chiles.

Anyway, just as well we got knocked out last night, cos the Germans would have murdered us. Speaking of Germans - seriously, these people have no volume control. Lying around the pool, on the odd occasion you'd be trying to work out what nationality another couple was. Rule of thumb, if they're talking too quietly for you to pick up the language they're speaking, they're not fucking German.

It's all too easy to say we haven't got any technically gifted players. I bet the average England player in that squad is on £90k a year. You don't need to be Messi to be a proficient footballer, and I don't think that passing the ball controlling it and moving in to space is anything other than the most basic of skills. I'll tell you now Italy are shite. They have Pirlo who is a top talent, and 22 other moderately talented players. In top level international terms they are way off Argentina, Spain and Germany. They're not a great side, but they made us look like a Sunday league team.

All of those England players look technically better playing for their clubs. I believe the problem with this team, is we have bottlers who are scared to have the ball, Young being a point in case (when he looks great for Man Utd), and Scott Parker. I've been watching football for 27 years, and no footballer has ever been more overrated and more popular with the press than this fraud. The fact he got writers footballer of the year for West Ham in the season they were RELEGATED sums it all up. The media influence in this country is massive, I'm pretty sure, seeing as though our press seems to be the most famous in the world, that it's also the most influential. No player who has ever played the game has got a bigger rimming than Parker. All you ever hear about him is what a good lad he is, and how he gives 100%. The fact is he's fuckin shit, we saw when he played for Newcastle he's a hugely mediocre player who tries his best, he's too slow on the ball and his distribution is shit.

We lost the plot completely because the midfield is shit. You can blame Rooney, Welbeck and Carroll all you like but they can't do anything without service. Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young. There's one footballer amongst the lot of them. There's one player who wants to pass the ball. Of them there's two who don't want the ball, but will work hard because they're English, and that's the English bulldog spirit run about chase and win tackles and everyone will love you (wanks), and of course the utterly limp Ashley Young. Italy are not great but their midfield could pass the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, we couldn't and didn't want to do it. We looked fucked, and that's why we looked like MK Dons playing Chelsea.

Says it all that Glenn Johnson contributed more going forward and was more comfortable on the ball than any of the midfield. It's a complete and utter joke that a man as comfortable on the ball as Carrick, a proper continuity man, was overlooked, with him and Wilshere it may have been completely different.

Think Woy's weign will be a lot like the Graham Taylor one to be honest but even more boring. We'll go through our group games for the WCQ unbeaten. Boring 0-0's away to Ukraine, home wins, and everyone will think we have a chance in Brazil, we've got no chance while we surrender possession to even average sides like Italy, for 90 minutes. The example of Chelsea playing like this is a shit one, it was the luckiest win in history, you can't consistently win things by soaking up pressure for 90 minutes, and you certainly win no friends. Half the teams in this tournament would've battered us last night, Croatia, Holland, Russia, it would've been embarrassing, I hope Woy has a plan B in terms of the way forward but I doubt it.

Perhaps, but maybe not the youngest starting eleven

Gerrard - 32

Terry - 31........32 in December.

Cole - 31 .......32 in December.

Parker - 31 .......32 in October.

Lescott - 29 .......30 in August.

Johnson - 27... ....28 in August.

Young - 26 .......27 in July.

Rooney - 26 .......27 in October.

Milner - 26.

Hart - 25.

I'd say six of those ten are young enough to be playing in 2014 and will have benefited from the experience of this one. Of the other four, two were our best players by miles and Cole would be a huge miss as well. Basically, I'd only willingly drop Parker from the older generation now.

It's not like 2010 where we had the oldest squad and needed to move on, that process has started. The unfortunate problem is that the new generation includes the likes of Henderson & Downing. If that's what we have to move on to, lets cling on to the experienced players as much as we can. Ox C & Wilshere give more optimism, but we really need 11 of those coming through...and England just don't have it.

Just checked out of the hotel in sunny Corfu (gutted!). Sat in the lobby waiting for the airport transfer. Been nice watching the tournament over here with no English press coverage - 9:45 kickoffs too cos of the time difference. I'd honestly take the Greek broadcast over Adrian Chiles.

Anyway, just as well we got knocked out last night, cos the Germans would have murdered us. Speaking of Germans - seriously, these people have no volume control. Lying around the pool, on the odd occasion you'd be trying to work out what nationality another couple was. Rule of thumb, if they're talking too quietly for you to pick up the language they're speaking, they're not fucking German.

How were the cats?

Who out of Gerrard,Terry,Cole and Parker will be good enough, should England qualify for Brazil?....none of them iyam, with the possible exception of Cole.

Its farewell to the "Golden Generation" then...Roy will have to come up with something extra special to do anything with whats left if he thinks Milner and Young are worth a starting place.

It's all too easy to say we haven't got any technically gifted players. I bet the average England player in that squad is on £90k a year. You don't need to be Messi to be a proficient footballer, and I don't think that passing the ball controlling it and moving in to space is anything other than the most basic of skills. I'll tell you now Italy are shite. They have Pirlo who is a top talent, and 22 other moderately talented players. In top level international terms they are way off Argentina, Spain and Germany. They're not a great side, but they made us look like a Sunday league team.

All of those England players look technically better playing for their clubs. I believe the problem with this team, is we have bottlers who are scared to have the ball, Young being a point in case (when he looks great for Man Utd), and Scott Parker. I've been watching football for 27 years, and no footballer has ever been more overrated and more popular with the press than this fraud. The fact he got writers footballer of the year for West Ham in the season they were RELEGATED sums it all up. The media influence in this country is massive, I'm pretty sure, seeing as though our press seems to be the most famous in the world, that it's also the most influential. No player who has ever played the game has got a bigger rimming than Parker. All you ever hear about him is what a good lad he is, and how he gives 100%. The fact is he's fuckin shit, we saw when he played for Newcastle he's a hugely mediocre player who tries his best, he's too slow on the ball and his distribution is shit.

We lost the plot completely because the midfield is shit. You can blame Rooney, Welbeck and Carroll all you like but they can't do anything without service. Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Young. There's one footballer amongst the lot of them. There's one player who wants to pass the ball. Of them there's two who don't want the ball, but will work hard because they're English, and that's the English bulldog spirit run about chase and win tackles and everyone will love you (wanks), and of course the utterly limp Ashley Young. Italy are not great but their midfield could pass the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, we couldn't and didn't want to do it. We looked fucked, and that's why we looked like MK Dons playing Chelsea.

Says it all that Glenn Johnson contributed more going forward and was more comfortable on the ball than any of the midfield. It's a complete and utter joke that a man as comfortable on the ball as Carrick, a proper continuity man, was overlooked, with him and Wilshere it may have been completely different.

Think Woy's weign will be a lot like the Graham Taylor one to be honest but even more boring. We'll go through our group games for the WCQ unbeaten. Boring 0-0's away to Ukraine, home wins, and everyone will think we have a chance in Brazil, we've got no chance while we surrender possession to even average sides like Italy, for 90 minutes. The example of Chelsea playing like this is a shit one, it was the luckiest win in history, you can't consistently win things by soaking up pressure for 90 minutes, and you certainly win no friends. Half the teams in this tournament would've battered us last night, Croatia, Holland, Russia, it would've been embarrassing, I hope Woy has a plan B in terms of the way forward but I doubt it.

Only 40% of the players in Eng qualify to play for the national team.

I'd say six of those ten are young enough to be playing in 2014 and will have benefited from the experience of this one. Of the other four, two were our best players by miles and Cole would be a huge miss as well. Basically, I'd only willingly drop Parker from the older generation now.

It's not like 2010 where we had the oldest squad and needed to move on, that process has started. The unfortunate problem is that the new generation includes the likes of Henderson & Downing. If that's what we have to move on to, lets cling on to the experienced players as much as we can. Ox C & Wilshere give more optimism, but we really need 11 of those coming through...and England just don't have it.

Downing is 27...........28 in July. Hardly part of the new generation.

worldCup2010_620x60.gif

World Cup 2010: England are 'paying price of foreign Premier League'

• President says 77.1% of La Liga players are Spanish

• Contrast with 40% English players in Premier League

The Premier League is dominated by foreign talent, including Spain and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images

England's dismal failure at the World Cup can be blamed on the Premier League's inability to promote home-grown talent, according to the president of Spain's La Liga.

José Luis Astiazarán has questioned the number of young foreign players at Premier League clubs and said the principal reason Spain have reached Sunday's final against Holland is that "77.1%" of footballers in their domestic league are Spanish-qualified, a direct result of home-grown players being given the opportunity in their clubs' first teams. In the Premier League fewer than 40% of players are English.

"In La Liga there are 77.1% Spanish players, 16.7% European and 6.7% non-European," Astiazarán said. "Our strategy is to work very hard with young home-grown players and to try to have a mix between them and experienced players.

Milner is the worst crosser of the ball I have ever seen, bar Downing. Rooney was outplayed by Carrol for the last hour yesterday, he lost the ball every time he got it. Ashley Young has been shite since day one. Gerrard had his worst game of the tournament. Basically, our players looked goosed after 70mins whilst old man Pirlo made the ball do the work for him and could have played all night.

I think England are easily behind Italy, Spain and Germany atm. France and Holland were equally as disappointing this tournament too mind

It's 58% here and 48% in Germany and Italy. Does that 10% make that much of a difference? Our most skillful players are woefully misused. I guarantee Joe Cole would have more caps if he was Spanish than he has for us for example.

Milner and Young aren't a threat at international level and I suspect Welbeck with his lukewarm temprement won't be either. I couldn't belive the way he was jogging around with the ball 10 yards away and Italy in the first phase of their buildup. What planet is he on ffs!

worldCup2010_620x60.gif

World Cup 2010: England are 'paying price of foreign Premier League'

• President says 77.1% of La Liga players are Spanish

• Contrast with 40% English players in Premier League

The Premier League is dominated by foreign talent, including Spain and Liverpool striker Fernando Torres. Photograph: Michael Regan/Getty Images

England's dismal failure at the World Cup can be blamed on the Premier League's inability to promote home-grown talent, according to the president of Spain's La Liga.

José Luis Astiazarán has questioned the number of young foreign players at Premier League clubs and said the principal reason Spain have reached Sunday's final against Holland is that "77.1%" of footballers in their domestic league are Spanish-qualified, a direct result of home-grown players being given the opportunity in their clubs' first teams. In the Premier League fewer than 40% of players are English.

"In La Liga there are 77.1% Spanish players, 16.7% European and 6.7% non-European," Astiazarán said. "Our strategy is to work very hard with young home-grown players and to try to have a mix between them and experienced players.

Not really relevant really. It's not as if we've got loads of potential Messi's working in chip shops, and usually youngsters get opportunities in the Championship/Leagues 1 and 2 which are still good quality, if they're good they'll come through. Hell you even get an odd player at random non league clubs being sniped up. The problem is the way we bring up players, bad coaching etc. Plain and simple.

It's 58% here and 48% in Germany and Italy. Does that 10% make that much of a difference? Our most skillful players are woefully misused. I guarantee Joe Cole would have more caps if he was Spanish than he has for us for example.

Germany have it down to 40% now, something they have been working on since 2000. There has been massive change at the grassroots here to help develop German players since Low and Klinsmaan started it a decade ago. France is 30%. Also it isn't just about getting in PL sides packed with talent from all around the world it's about being frozen out of key positons by the likes of Mata, Modric and Silva and so on...We're not developing midfielders cause our top clubs buy them in. Will Cleverley and Wilshire develop properly??

Edited by Park Life

Going back years and years Glenn Hoddle and Beardsley should have 100 caps, but again woefully under valued, and you can go on about Woy's experience abroad, he's a typical English manager with added defensive nouse. We're England though, fuck how other teams play, stick to what we know, high energy pacey football with a sprinkle of skill like we showed in Munich and in 1996, since Sven come we've lost the plot in trying to imitate how others play. We can't do it.

Our society is destroying the communities that produced wiorld class footballers from council estates here in the UK....thats the biggest issue, rather than the "too many foreigners" thing, which doesnt help admittedly. Look at the players Scotland produced from 1960-1990, and look how many have come through since then. England is going the same way.

Not really relevant really. It's not as if we've got loads of potential Messi's working in chip shops, and usually youngsters get opportunities in the Championship/Leagues 1 and 2 which are still good quality, if they're good they'll come through. Hell you even get an odd player at random non league clubs being sniped up. The problem is the way we bring up players, bad coaching etc. Plain and simple.

There's plenty of talent in Eng as is seen by the Arsenal and Spurs youth set ups...THEY JUST CAN'T GET GAMES. The Spurs right back only broke through cause Spurs were quoted silly money for a right back and they had started cutting back (adebayour on loan half the wages paid and so on..)

Our society is destroying the communities that produced wiorld class footballers from council estates here in the UK....thats the biggest issue, rather than the "too many foreigners" thing, which doesnt help admittedly. Look at the players Scotland produced from 1960-1990, and look how many have come through since then. England is going the same way.

This as well.

Going back years and years Glenn Hoddle and Beardsley should have 100 caps, but again woefully under valued, and you can go on about Woy's experience abroad, he's a typical English manager with added defensive nouse. We're England though, fuck how other teams play, stick to what we know, high energy pacey football with a sprinkle of skill like we showed in Munich and in 1996, since Sven come we've lost the plot in trying to imitate how others play. We can't do it.

Totally agree.

It's madness to go against what the players do in the PL week in week out.

Germany have found a nice middle ground with their new 433. A proper striker and two half strikers (Muller/Podolski) who drop off when they lose the ball. Got Reus and Schuerlle coming through as well. Not to forget Goetze.

The DFB are casting their net all around Poland, Czech looking for quality youngsters who they will move to Germay at the age of 12-14 and give them a passport..The German net is huge compared to ours.

Edited by Park Life

Totally agree.

It's madness to go against what the players do in the PL week in week out.

Germany have found a nice middle ground with their new 433. A proper striker and two half strikers (Muller/Podolski) who drop off when they lose the ball. Got Reus and Schuerlle coming through as well. Not to forget Goetze.

Its funny how the krauts have cottoned on to cockney rhyming slang and all call him Rolls. "Rolls! Back post Rolls sahn!"

This is because, in Germany, one in five people was of foreign descent. To illustrate, German team regulars Lukas Podolski, Miroslav Klose and Piotr Trochowski hail from Poland. Mesut Ozil and Serdar Tasci have Turkish parents. Brazilian-born striker Cacau usually shares the bench with Mario Gomez, who has a Spanish father. Winger Marko Marin was born in Bosnia. Dennis Aogo (Nigeria), Jerome Boateng (Ghana) and Sami Khedira (Tunisia) complete the cast of “half-Germans” proudly donning the tri-colors of Germany.

The Germans have youth training camps in Prague. :lol:

What are we doing?

Some bloke from the FA saunters through a park once a year for a fag and a wank.

Edited by Park Life

Joe Hart btw. Acting a cocky cunt in the shoot out makes you look a bit of a helmet when you make zero saves.

Acting a cocky cunt makes you look like an English national player. Who's not an arrogant prick in the starting team? Lescott?

This is because, in Germany, one in five people was of foreign descent. To illustrate, German team regulars Lukas Podolski, Miroslav Klose and Piotr Trochowski hail from Poland. Mesut Ozil and Serdar Tasci have Turkish parents. Brazilian-born striker Cacau usually shares the bench with Mario Gomez, who has a Spanish father. Winger Marko Marin was born in Bosnia. Dennis Aogo (Nigeria), Jerome Boateng (Ghana) and Sami Khedira (Tunisia) complete the cast of “half-Germans” proudly donning the tri-colors of Germany.

The Germans have youth training camps in Prague. :lol:

It's about 15% here. Last year 25% of babies born in the UK were to FOREIGN WOMEN.

We have the wrong type of foreigner here though, Pakistan and India has a population of 1.4 billion between them, i.e. 28 times more than England, yet Tyneside has produced far more top footballers. East Asians aren't cut out to be footballers, the racism thing people use that they face in the English footballing systems is a load of bollocks. They're just fuckin shite.