Season Review 2011/12

DubiousBobcat

I see the new season review DVD is due for release shortly as advertised on .com. Is this only on DVD or is there a Blu-ray version of these normally available? Football in SD isn't quite the same. This season needs to be in HD!

• 1 month later...

Currently up to the end of November and its easy to forget (for me at least) just how good the first half of the season was.

How brilliant Krul played

How everything Ba touched turned to gold

Every match seems to have a big dollop of drama in it

How we equalled and broke club records

How great Pardews interviews were.

And how much you miss the football season and watching Newcastle.

Highly recommend it as you would expect.

Only downside is why they have to show the result at the start of each match. Im remember a lot of the games but I would still rather the full time score popped up at the end, not the beginning.

Aye the overall production of the video is pants but no one should let that get in the way of the best season in years.

Watched the second half and Cisse ffs :lol: Some of them goals.

Some shocking defeats as well that I had to fast forward, Wigan away :(

Overall I come away from that remembering the brilliance of Ba, the majestic goals of Cisse, the acrobatics of Krul, the tenacity and delivery of Cabaye, the wonder of Ben Arfa and the heroics of the lesser lights.

Be a hard season to better.

Forgot to mention Marveaux as well. While we didnt see a great deal of him, some of his touches on the review tape are quality. Looks like a player with a class football brain.

Cant wait to see what he does although Im not sure where he will fit in.

Also looking forward to seeing Perch the destroyer coming on to kill games off. :lol:

The wonder of Ben Arfa. :lol:

You've changed your fucking tune like.

Not one iota. :hand:

My only amusement for want of a better word was with his fanboy club who were producing 1000 page threads saying how he must start every game when it was quite clear that not only was he not ready football wise but also mentally.

All I think I and a few none fanboys ever said was that we had trust in Pardews handling of him and would prefer to see the guy perform well week in and week out before pulling our todgers off.

edit: Not sure what the 2005 quote is about and did you get to the Black Horse?

Edited by Christmas Tree

CT not even a lightning charged deloreon could take you to an alternate past where you're a good judge of player's readiness for the first team.

Not one iota. :hand:

My only amusement for want of a better word was with his fanboy club who were producing 1000 page threads saying how he must start every game when it was quite clear that not only was he not ready football wise but also mentally.

All I think I and a few none fanboys ever said was that we had trust in Pardews handling of him and would prefer to see the guy perform well week in and week out before pulling our todgers off.

edit: Not sure what the 2005 quote is about and did you get to the Black Horse?

Yet you campaigned for "Shane" to be starting? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I have this and have watched it twice now and saved it to my PC.

I probably wont now watch it again for a good while and it has certainly got me in the mood for the new season. Its a shame for it to gather dust so I am happy to lend it out so that others, less fortunate than myself ;) can have fun with it too.

I will of course want it back.

I propose the following.

Anyone who wants it can register their interest here after 12 midday. (This gives most a chance to form an orderly queue)

You need a minimum of 1000 posts.

First qualifying post after 12 gets it first. (I will PM for name and address and post today).

You must then be prepared to forward it on to the next in the queue after a week or sooner if possible (£1.95 postage probs).

Obviously I cant condone anyone making a copy or saving to their own pc.

The last person needs to post it back to me.