NUFC Pre Season 2012 - 2013

Christmas Tree

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf if they'd substitute "footballer" for "striker" regarding Vukic they'd be right - he's a nothing player imo.

Also I'm really starting to resent the fact that Obertan "earns" a living in football - he's fucking abysmal.

Far too early for such statements if you ask me.

Possibly but I expect to see something in a player no matter how young they are- and I'm just not seeing anything.

Possibly but I expect to see something in a player no matter how young they are- and I'm just not seeing anything.

Fair enough. Can't speak for his quality at reserve level but he did alright against West Brom last season and by all accounts was good for Cardiff on loan. Was overwhelmed at Anfield and really shouldn't have started that game.

Not disputing the age thing (even if he is only 19).

Agree Gosling looks a lot like Guthrie and also that I don't see any spark in Vukic but both are young and am not concerned about either yet.

Obertan has pace but doesn't know how to use it. Seems to run into dead ends and either lose it or pass back to the centre.

I know it's fashionable to slate Simpson as well but I also find he offers little going forward.

Shouldn't have let that in, sort of spoils an otherwise enjoyable game.

More match experience against a good side, pleased with how the young players performed (except Vuckic who was generally crap.)

Elliot might have been a bit unsighted tbf.

Don't think Vuckic was bad (more mediocre), Obertan was mind. Gosling was alright, Tav impressed again, Sammy, Bigi, and Abeid looked promising. Marveaux was a bit quiet as was Ba. Cisse was good, as were the rest of the defenders.