Prometheus v Batman Rises

Park Life

Early reviews of Prometheus (gave fire to man no less) look worrying. My money is slowly moving over to the caped crusader.

"It is a muddled, intricate, spectacular film, but more or less in control of all its craziness and very watchable. It lacks the central killer punch of Alien; it doesn't have its satirical brilliance and its tough, rationalist attack on human agency and human guilt. But there's a driving narrative impulse, and, however silly, a kind of idealism, a sense that it's exciting to make contact with whatever's out there."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/may/30/prometheus-review

In other places it says that it isn't that scary and the cgi is too nice (clean)...It's a bit too shiny and corporate, rather than the rusty and dusty 'Nostromo' with a tired and hagard crew just trying to survive.

I wonder if the 'Lost' bloke has fucked this up?

Still gonna see it obviously.

Thoughts?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They shouldn't compare it to Alien for a start as it has nothing to do with the franchise.

Well that's not true is it. It's not strictly a sequel /prequel but they go to the same planet, find the space jockey, work for the weyland corporation,get attacked by face huggers etc.etc.

Well that's not true is it. It's not strictly a sequel /prequel but they go to the same planet, find the space jockey, work for the weyland corporation,get attacked by face huggers etc.etc.

It's set in the same universe but by all accounts has nothing to do with it at all. I read somewhere as well that they're going to make a sequel which would distance itself even further from the Alien anthology.

It's set in the same universe but by all accounts has nothing to do with it at all. I read somewhere as well that they're going to make a sequel which would distance itself even further from the Alien anthology.

Cameron is slated for the sequel.

They haven't made a sequel of it yet though. ;)

Aliens is fucking mint btw, not the masterpiece that Alien is as the first time I watched it I was about 10 and fucking terrified. Although due to the style of film that Aliens is I can watch that no matter what mood I'm in.

Gaaaaammmeee over man.

Aliens is fucking mint btw, not the masterpiece that Alien is as the first time I watched it I was about 10 and fucking terrified. Although due to the style of film that Aliens is I can watch that no matter what mood I'm in.

Gaaaaammmeee over man.

Gaaaaammmeee over man.

Think the biggest gun was the avengers. Can't see either of these beating it's box office.

neither of them are holding the same level of anticipation for me as the Avenger did but im more likely to go and see batman than prometheus (though probably both)

They shouldn't compare it to Alien for a start as it has nothing to do with the franchise.

The second part of your sentence has no relevance to the first. All films are comparable to an extent, but certainly films of the same genre are.

Will Prometheus be out in NONE 3D?

Yes, after the initial 3d release it will go to normal presentation as it goes to more screens.

DVD and BR will be available in two versions.

The second part of your sentence has no relevance to the first. All films are comparable to an extent, but certainly films of the same genre are.

It's deffo set in the alien universe, but with a new storyline grafted on which will be added to by the follow up.

Prometheus is deffo the more mystic version of the overall mythology.

The secret is that the elite believe they are attaining godhood and are destined for the stars. Their ancient and occultic views are reflected in the dark themes of Prometheus, the very name of which hints at the quest for eternity and power among a group who think a divine right bestowed by a higher intelligence gives creedence to their meddling with the affairs of common man.

;)