Sunderland AFC - how do you feel about them?

McFaul

Sunderland AFC your thoughts on them  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well there's three posts about Sunderland and mackems in as many days probably for the first time ever on here. Most of us just don't care, they're there but no one cares. To me hating Sunderland is like Man Utd hating Oldham. The Mancs probably think Oldham are inbred twats, with nobheads like David Platt who have a ridiculous accent but that's it, while people from Oldham probably see the mancs as flash good looking trend setters who they're envious of deep down .

For me, see when the mackems played Tottenham and Chopra scored on his debut, I was quite pleased because it was a good result for us. Obviously it's different for them, the greatest day of many of their lives is when we were relegated grown men hugging, while I like a derby game and am disappointed when they go down. Once and for all what are your thoughts on them. Hopefully this will end the ridiculous myth that we are obsessed by them. I concede a lot of geordies don't like mackems, because of how they are, but it's different when it comes to football deep down imo. Mackems would absolutely LOVE us to be as obsessed about their club as they are about ours, because as Cantona once said it's better to be hated than not talked about at all, because it shows you exist, but they're just there for me.

I think to be fair your feelings about Sunderland will be different depending on where you are, my feeling is if you're from South Tyneside, you'll get on with Sunderland supporters and mackems but utterly detest the club, where as if you're from Newcastle you're more likely to completely look down your nose at mackems, want nothing to do with them, but be more indifferent towards the club. What are your thoughts in this definitive poll?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted number 6, think the indifference is due to not being from the region as much as anything, like us to beat them when we play them obviously but otherwise I prefer seeing teams around us falter than them

If you had asked me a couple of years back I would have just said I didn't like them. Since moving to work in Shields with a bunch of Mackems however I now have insight into how their deluded minds work and see just how obsessed they really are with us. It's scary.

When it comes to football in the North East I think they have an important role to play .

A bit like Baldrick in Blackadder .

:lol:

Trigger in only fools and horses would be better, as a club and as people. Mind nationally I've got no doubt we're seen as Del Boy, funny but ultimately fuck everything up.

If you had asked me a couple of years back I would have just said I didn't like them. Since moving to work in Shields with a bunch of Mackems however I now have insight into how their deluded minds work and see just how obsessed they really are with us. It's scary.

Aye I found that when I worked actually in Sunderland, I think it must be bred in to them, it's a deep and pure hatred, actual hatred, that goes beyond football. It's political for them, Sunderland is probably the biggest shithole town with a population over 200,000 in Western Europe, where as you could put an argument up for the toon being the most beautiful provincial city in the country. It's a deep ingrained jealousy that will take many generations to be watered down, and may never be. You do have to be amongst them to fully appreciate it, and it's why I have nothing but pity for them, actual pity, and why generally I view them as a people who you have to feel sorry for because of how they are, a bit like North Koreans in some ways, they know no better.

Edited by McFaul

Typically they're just another team we should be beating.

The only issue is their players' willingness to go out to injure ours. That game at SJP where they kicked us off the pitch all game was a shockingly inept display of officiating.

They are obsessed with Sunderland being better than Newcastle in everything. I remember a makem mate of mine years ago bragging they had more lanes across the Wearmouth bridge than the Tyne bridge. You can discuss many topics with makems but once you start discussing NUFC v SMB logic goes out the window and shite takes it's place. Ask `Phillips v Shearer and you'll know what i mean.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

:lol:

Trigger in only fools and horses would be better, as a club and as people. Mind nationally I've got no doubt we're seen as Del Boy, funny but ultimately fuck everything up.

Haha aye we get to go to the fancy European bars and fall through the bar counter when we're in with a chance and they scuttle about in the gutter with their 'same brush'

*Boycie laugh*

Edited by LoveTheBobby

They'll absolutely love you starting this on SMB. The grown men will be hugging as if we're relegated all over again.

They are obsessed with Sunderland being better than Newcastle in everything. I remember a makem mate of mine years ago bragging they had more lanes across the Wearmouth bridge than the Tyne bridge. You can discuss many topics with makems but once you start discussing NUFC v SMB logic goes out the window and shite takes it's place. Ask `Phillips v Shearer and you'll know what i mean.

When I worked over there, I worked with this bloke, we'll call him JS from Ryhope for the purposes of this. He was 45 and got his wife on mail order. She was some type of east asian. He was THE most boring cunt I have ever known, and I know for a fact if anyone else who worked there read this they would agree. Once a week he'd go "Soonlun is a beegur citea than Neeeewcasssul and more important, cos there's 6,549 more peypul leev in Soonlun, than there ees Neeeewcasssul" He can't even say that nuw as our population has risen and there's has declined below ours. Unbelievable people. There was about 4 good ones out of 100.

You voted you hate them as much as you love Newcastle.

Cant stand the place. Cant stand the people. Cant stand the accent.

Of course there will be Sunderland fans who I know and like but they are forever tainted.

Bare in mind I grew up on the front line and in those days Boldon was 90% mackem and 10% Toon.

I also worked for about 20 years in the town centre with them.

The accent literally makes my skin crawl.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Guest CabayeAye

Hate them during the derby. For the rest of they year, they are an irrelevance. Much like Oldham Athletic won't bother Man City

The City's still a sthithole full of inbreds though.

I actually hate Scousers more. They are actively cunts, the lot of them. I'm yet to meet a Scouser I like.

Cant stand the place. Cant stand the people. Cant stand the accent.

Of course there will be Sunderland fans who I know and like but they are forever tainted.

Bare in mind I grew up on the front line and in those days Boldon was 90% mackem and 10% Toon.

I also worked for about 20 years in the town centre with them.

The accent literally makes my skin crawl.

I can relate to most of that, although see when I go to Asda I reckon you see just as many toon shirts.

The actual town centre is fucking so depressing, it needs the kiss of life, the people are just downtrodden, bitter, they just aren't evolving they're stagnating, I know people might think it's a bigoted rant but it's how I feel about them, awful, it's a sad miserable place, where it's easy to see why life expectancy is pretty low, depression rates high, and moral decency is completely devoid.

Hate them during the derby. For the rest of they year, they are an irrelevance. Much like Oldham Athletic won't bother Man City

The City's still a sthithole full of inbreds though.

I actually hate Scousers more. They are actively cunts, the lot of them. I'm yet to meet a Scouser I like.

The scouser's certainly irritate me more than the mackem's like.