Homeless guy in town dies

ADP

I found out on Friday night that a homeless man from newcastle had died. From what ive heard, he was found dead outside a tesco in the early hours of Friday, though I may be wrong. This man's name was apparently Jimmy, an ex doctor whose life fell apart after his marriage broke down. Whether this is true or not is kind of irrelevent, because he still existed as someone who the system had failed. Never once did he ever bother me and i must have walked past him about twice a week for the past 6 years. Always kept himself to himself, never begged or was pushy like other homeless people. I am genuinely quite gutted he has died, and it has kind of made me think about the way I view the homeless. Never paid much attention to him, but I always saw him round, and just thought that he would live forever. Its weird. He was, in every sense to me, a part of Newcastle city. He may not have contributed financially, but he existed as part of Newcastle. Wish I had offered to buy him a cup of tea or something now, never struck up a conversation with him for fear of offending him or appearing condescending, despite having been on the same metro as him a zillion times. A proud man in a situation in his life where pride would initially appear lacking. RIP Jimmy, hope you're resting your bones on the feather cushioned park bench in the sky.

here are some pics of him to put a face to a name:

375699_10151990470190343_1830724732_n.jpg

7354977364_5a57ef9e5a_b.jpg

Edited by ADP

RIP

I was once in a sandwich shop in Leeds when a homeless guy came in and the owner wasnt pleased. I bought him a sandwich and a coffee and he was very greatful.

I would rather buy them some food and a drink than give them monies tbh.

RIP :(

Its easy to prejudge a homeless person without considering how they got in to such a state. I know Im guilty of it myself.

Ah man this is sad news . Pretty much anyone who's walked through town would know him. Saw him daily when I worked in town. He was often in Mcdonalds on Nland Street first thing, having a cuppa and reading the papers. He used to bed down somewhere round Shiremoor I think as he eas often on the Metro. All he had in the world was his black binbag woth some bedding and cardboard.

Poor fella man. Didnt know anything about him but was apparent he was a bright fella that had clearly hit bad times. Like said he never begged and must have been too proud to maybe ? He was often smiling despite the shit he must have got, and indeed Id seen folk having cheap shots when he was on Metro etc.

A kid I used to work with once met his wife and newly born kid at lunch and Jimmy came up and said 'what a lovely baby' and gave them a pound coin saying 'thats for the bairn' :)

Hey Im gutted . So sad that warm human spirit can perish in this tragic way .

Makes you realise how lucky you are .

RIP Jimmy.

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Where did you get this story btw ADP ?

Its been all over my Facebook mate, someone put up a page for him a while ago as well: https://www.facebook...126092364132664

Apparently he used to work at the RVI and then his dad committed suicide and he just went on a downward spiral from there, lost his family and home :( Some nice stories in some comments (others are absolute troll/WUM cunts), including one about busies in the winter arresting him so he could have a roof over his head.

Edited by ADP

Sc8qj.jpeg

Cheers man will have a look.

Did bit of a search on the fucking useless thing that is Google on phone here aThe blog of nd all I found this pic.The blog of the photographer the b&w pic doesn't mention it although theres a couple of condolency comments

Did it make local news do you know ? Really sad if it hadn't .

Very familiar sight. Sad to say I avoided him on the Metro as he made me feel itchy. Didnt know about his background but was amazed anyone could live like that. He never seemed to have any company.

Poor fella, seen him loads of times, I didn't know he had such bad times in his life to make him live as he did.

I never seen him beg, maybe he just got his food from those soup kitchens, Id rather give to the lonely soul like him than to the pathetic

"big issue" sellers.

Poor fella, seen him loads of times, I didn't know he had such bad times in his life to make him live as he did.

I never seen him beg, maybe he just got his food from those soup kitchens, Id rather give to the lonely soul like him than to the pathetic

"big issue" sellers.

The big issue sellers are trying to earn legitimate money tbf to them.

The big issue sellers are trying to earn legitimate money tbf to them.

I thought the idea was to get somewhere to live ?

The same sellers have been in the same spot for years, surely they could have got somewhere to live by now.

The scruffy one with the make-e-on bad leg have been begging for years and spending the money in the bookies

every day as the streets clear. I wouldn't give the a penny, lazy twats should get a job.

Very familiar sight. Sad to say I avoided him on the Metro as he made me feel itchy. Didnt know about his background but was amazed anyone could live like that. He never seemed to have any company.

I often envied what appeared to be his obligation free self sufficient lifestyle.

I'd miss too much but definitely see the appeal.

Sad tale indeed :(

had a similar one here, "Gerry bokebeard" looked like haggar, used to see him in town all the time, was once a Professor at Queens uni, got on the drink and just spiraled outta control i guess.

Remember seeing him nick a muffin from a shop, guy chases him out screaming abuse, Gerry stops turns and lobs the muffin at him saying "ah fuck ye then! i was trying for a mars bar anyway!"

:lol:

There was a Big Issue seller in Headingley who was a smack head, he reportedly pulled in £1k a week!

RIP Jimmy saw him loads of times around the Black Garter area. I wonder why he was getting the metro towards the coast? Maybe just to keep warm?

They seem to have their own patches, there's a bloke who sits with his dog at the bottom of Pink Lane opposite that yank sandwich company, he seems to rake it in, always getting money, I think having the dog with him is a pound winner like.