FIFA 13

Barney

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I dont mind it, the first touch thing seemed to click pretty fast for me (after a few clangers)

liked being Juve, who were also the team I settled on for 12, Giovinco is a fucking monster!

I think you play on a bit of a different level to me anyway ant going off the fifa 12 thread so you're probably more likely to notice stuff like this, or notice it bigger anyway.

The only thing I wanted changing from fifa 12 desperately was the UI its never been good especially in ultimate team its way too slow and convoluted at times.

Seen a few people mention that, enough so that I think it will be addressed for the final release, iirc the demo builds are a couple of months old by the time theyre released

And that is nonsense, objectively.

it's half and half tbf

outside of the match engines the design of fifa games are shit, the UIs are piss-poor and they're over monetised to a massive fault, its surprising that they still update squads for transfer windows without charging for it.

Over monetised what exactly? Ultimate Team? I'm not aware of them adding any more extra features that you have to pay for, in fact isn't the Live Seasons thing free now?

Its the use of "objectively" I'm disagreeing with really. FIFA games are highly rated (and the UI is much improved since say 10 iyam), professional critical reception is mostly good, that's about as close to objective as you can get.

Not trying to sound argumentative to either of you, just sayin'...

Over monetised what exactly? Ultimate Team? I'm not aware of them adding any more extra features that you have to pay for, in fact isn't the Live Seasons thing free now?

Its the use of "objectively" I'm disagreeing with really. FIFA games are highly rated (and the UI is much improved since say 10 iyam), professional critical reception is mostly good, that's about as close to objective as you can get.

Not trying to sound argumentative to either of you, just sayin'...

creation centre

All packs in one - 640 MSP/£4.79

Tournaments Pack - 120 MSP/£0.95

Career Mode Pack – 160 MSP/£1.25

Teams Pack – 160 MSP/£1.25

Yet 10 More Pack – 80 MSP/£0.59

Licensor Pack - 120 MSP/£0.95

Serious Editor Pack – 120 MSP/£0.95

in a game that is put out at standard new release price the creation centre is a travesty, especially since it never worked properly and they refused to patch it.

online passes I could go on about for ages so I won't bother.

theres all sorts in the fifa 12 store that I can't be bothered going to look up right now.

live season may be free now but its been 800msp in previous releases

same for UT it was charged dlc up to 12 (I think, cant remember if it was for 11 or not)

much improved =/= good for the UIs even since 10, they're shit, far too slow, far too convoluted and the UT one is absolutely horrendous. I counted out once how many button presses and waits for server connections etc it took to go from starting fifa from the 360 dashboard to kicking off an exhibition with whatever teams were default, with defaults kits, lineup etc and it takes far too long and far too much, its clear that EA don't put much, if any, effort into it, it wouldn't take all that much to improve it massively

They tried

as I said it never worked, well, it did up until the latest fifa patch then it broke and EA said quite clearly that they weren't going to bother fixing it, also refused to give anyone refunds or take it off the market