Do we have the wingers to play 4-4-2?

Lake Bells tits

I'd put him on the same level as Gazza and less than Pedro, but that doesn't take anything less away from his ability.

Gazza was arguably more ball greedy than Ben Arfa.

Pedro was of course the ultimate team player.

Just seems you're nitpicking over every simple little thing about his game instead of enjoying having him on the field for us.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id sell the entire team before him, everyone else is replacable.

If you want this kind of influence you would have to pay 30-40 million, that is if you can find one.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I'd put him on the same level as Gazza and less than Pedro, but that doesn't take anything less away from his ability.

Gazza was arguably more ball greedy than Ben Arfa.

Pedro was of course the ultimate team player.

Just seems you're nitpicking over every simple little thing about his game instead of enjoying having him on the field for us.

Not at all. The thread is about playing 442 and LBT was discussing playing "carpet football". My point was and still is, that its very hard for the rest of the team to play Carpet Football with HBA because he is so unpredictable. Its great when it comes off but its very hard if you are a forward trying to constantly time runs just right or a defender deciding if now is the moment to "go for it" down the wing.

I think his very nature is to go for Glory first where Beardsley would be quite happy to thread the ball through and let Cole or Lineker take the glory.

Edited by Christmas Tree

Id sell the entire team before him, everyone else is replacable.

If you want this kind of influence you would have to pay 30-40 million, that is if you can find one.

So why are the big boys not battering down our door with 30 or 40 million. Surely they can all see what you see?

So why are the big boys not battering down our door with 30 or 40 million. Surely they can all see what you see?

He just came back from injury and has had but a few months in the premier league. Im sure they are monitoring the situation very closely ;)

Typical CT retort there going on about the fanboys.

He plays absolutely nothing like Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a flat track bully that nowadays is all about his pace, strength and athleticism.

Ben Arfa is the complete opposite to this and is all about pure skill and natural talent.

You can tell you don't watch much other football like.

Agreed. People these days just use pace. Not saying thats bad but its what makes HBA so refreshing, overflowing natural ability. Thats why I liked Ronaldinho better than any of the so called stars we have these days, he just oozed skill and talent although didn't lack for pace. Its what makes football wonderful, and anybody trying to tell these players to play differently needs shooting!

As for Ben Arfa, last year some people had concerns about his workrate and backtracking, he seems to have sorted that out too. In addition so far he's looked hungrier than any of our players willing to take responsiblity (penalty incident against Spurs, told Ba in no uncertain terms he's taking it) Rather than whinge about some small issue or speculate when he's going to leave the club or anything of the sort, Im just going to sit back and enjoy his time here because it is very unlikely we'll see a more talented player at the club for a very long time.

Ben Arfa isn't good at playing it on the deck are you for real? :lol:

it's because a lot of the time others around him don't make movements quick enough to make themselves available generally, if you watch those highlights videos someone posted in other thread i bet there's a load of times when he's got a couple round him and looks up to find no "triangles" available so ends up having to play the dribble card.

you either play completely that way or you don't sadly, no point trying it half arsed you need everyone willing to play the 1touch pass routine and always looking for the ball.

He would be devastating in the Barcelona team :unsure2:

I think it's quite obvious that we don't have the players to play 4-4-2 anymore.

Ba & Cisse don't seem to click together in it and neither of our two wingers can actually get to the byline and cross a ball in.

The change we made in second half today was a bit better but we really would be better off going with what got us to fifth. Unfortunately it seems that Pardew has promised Ba that he'll play in the centre and it's looking like something that could cost us.

I think it's quite obvious that we don't have the players to play 4-4-2 anymore.

Ba & Cisse don't seem to click together in it and neither of our two wingers can actually get to the byline and cross a ball in.

The change we made in second half today was a bit better but we really would be better off going with what got us to fifth. Unfortunately it seems that Pardew has promised Ba that he'll play in the centre and it's looking like something that could cost us.

We played the 4-4-2 quite succesfully when we had Carroll & Shola playing upfront, with Barton delivering good crosses into the box.

We don't have the delivery anymore and I don't think we don't really have the physical presence either. I think Ba & Cisse need to roughen up a little. They barely win balls in the air and their movement off late has been poor which is surprising considering how good their movement was last year.

Does Ba actually go up to win headers outside the box because the law of averages say he should win the odd one,but he doesn't.It's like watching Shola. No wide player on either flank with the ability to get a decent ball into Ba or Cisse.Our set plays were shocking.The `first man' must have had more touches than anyone else on the pitch today. Am i the only one who cannot see what all the fuss is about Cabaye ? For an attacking midfield player ,he creats very little,and scores very few. My mate rates spiderman because of his workrate and ability to draw a foul. Is that what a wide-leftsided player is on the pitch for ?

Does Ba actually go up to win headers outside the box because the law of averages say he should win the odd one,but he doesn't.It's like watching Shola. No wide player on either flank with the ability to get a decent ball into Ba or Cisse.Our set plays were shocking.The `first man' must have had more touches than anyone else on the pitch today. Am i the only one who cannot see what all the fuss is about Cabaye ? For an attacking midfield player ,he creats very little,and scores very few. My mate rates spiderman because of his workrate and ability to draw a foul. Is that what a wide-leftsided player is on the pitch for ?

The one problem I have with Pardew is that we waits for too long to change things around if there is an obvious issue. Take the Obertan, Ben Arfa examples last season for example. I thought it was a bit of a masterstroke to change to 4-3-3 last season and to get Jonas playing CM, so why has Pardew gone back to playing him on the left?

We beat Manure and Chelski playing the 4-4-2, so it's not like we can't use the formation to good effect when we need to be a little more direct against the big teams, but against the weaker teams, I think it should always be a 4-3-3. We played some of our best football last season playing the 4-3-3.

Think it might be time to drop one of the Dembas and play Ben Arfa and Marveaux either side of the other one. They've had 6 months worth of games, training and internationals to learn to play off each other and they spend half their time getting in each others way. I'd stick with Ba atm, he works harder

Think it might be time to drop one of the Dembas and play Ben Arfa and Marveaux either side of the other one. They've had 6 months worth of games, training and internationals to learn to play off each other and they spend half their time getting in each others way. I'd stick with Ba atm, he works harder

Totally agree.