Do we have the wingers to play 4-4-2?

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisse won't score 10 premier league goals this season unless he gets some service from the wings. Marveaux on the left with spiderman and Santon on the right would give us more balance.

How many of his goals last year came from the wings? Most of our games since he signed we played 433 anyway

From what I've seen of Marveaux so far I'm not sure where the confidence that he can improve things comes from.

The guy is fuckin 26, something comes with age. He's a more offensive minded guy than Jonas and don't seem to lose possession very often, good technical skills, he's providing something more for the strikers. Jonas should train to become a complete back or midfielder, that's where his defensivity is needed atm.

Edited by Aeris

How many of his goals last year came from the wings? Most of our games since he signed we played 433 anyway

Cisse's goals:

Villa - cross

Wolves - through the middle

Norwich - cross

West Brom 1 - cross

West Brom 2 - pull back from Ben Arfa

Liverpool 1 - cross

Liverpool 2 - through the middle

Swansea 1 - through the middle

Swansea 2 - through the middle

Bolton - cross

Stoke - through the middle

Chelsea 1 - cross

Chelsea 2 -whatthefuck

Wing play isn't necessary for Cisse's goals, but it certainly helps. Even so, the crosses that Cisse scored from were almost all whipped in from the byline to his feet, not these deep crosses aimed at the heads of Ba and Cisse that we've seen in the last few matches. For Cisse to thrive (and Ba too, really) they need the ball slipped in to dangerous positions by the likes of Cabaye and Ben Arfa, and we just aren't seeing that yet.

The thing with Jonas offensively is that now he just looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he gets the ball and a defender is in front of him. A few times yesterday he just seemed lost for what to do next.

At least we have a bit of a break now to hopefully get people fit and get this mess sorted out.

The thing with Jonas offensively is that now he just looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights when he gets the ball and a defender is in front of him. A few times yesterday he just seemed lost for what to do next.

At least we have a bit of a break now to hopefully get people fit and get this mess sorted out.

I'd play him at left back.

.................Cisse/Ba

.............Marv...........HBA

..............Tiote...Cabaye

Anita/Jonas.....................Santon

............Colo.Taylor.Willo

......................Krul

Here is what my wet dreams look like, deep wingers and two creative minds in the hole. Don't know how or why it should work, but it looks fancy :P

Edited by Aeris

Here is what my wet dreams look like, deep wingers and two creative minds in the hole. Don't know how or why it should work, but it looks fancy :P

:sweat:

Thank you. For starters i want at least one left footer on the left simply for balance.Santon and Spiderman produce vey little if anything from the left.Cutting inside or playing 5 yard square balls inside do nowt for us offensively,so why can Pardew not see it. Nothing gets pulled back from the goal line from our wide players.HBA is the only one who gets into such positions. Adam Johnson would have been perfect for us.

Thank you. For starters i want at least one left footer on the left simply for balance.Santon and Spiderman produce vey little if anything from the left.Cutting inside or playing 5 yard square balls inside do nowt for us offensively,so why can Pardew not see it. Nothing gets pulled back from the goal line from our wide players.HBA is the only one who gets into such positions. Adam Johnson would have been perfect for us.

I havent mentioned his for a while but Shane Ferguson (if he ever gets fit) can do that superbly.

I havent mentioned his for a while but Shane Ferguson (if he ever gets fit) can do that superbly.

There's no evidence as to yet that Ferguson can do it superbly. We're yet to see much end product from what little we've seen of him so far.

Enough evidence imo but hopefully Pardew will offer further for your consideration soon. :)

Hopefully he can get over his injury problems as his versatility could be a big bonus for us.

The guy is fuckin 26, something comes with age. He's a more offensive minded guy than Jonas and don't seem to lose possession very often, good technical skills, he's providing something more for the strikers. Jonas should train to become a complete back or midfielder, that's where his defensivity is needed atm.

I'm not totally sure what you're saying about Marv there but from what I've seen of him in the European games in particular he's provided no amunition for the strikers whatsoever.

In the same way that Christmas Tree seems to rate Ferguson without any evidence to back it up, a lot of people seem to be doing it with Marveaux too. Not saying he's no good btw, just that we've not seen anything from him yet.

Is it just my imagination or does that formation resemble a fist!

(No not you monkey, your paw.)

I'm not totally sure what you're saying about Marv there but from what I've seen of him in the European games in particular he's provided no amunition for the strikers whatsoever.

In the same way that Christmas Tree seems to rate Ferguson without any evidence to back it up, a lot of people seem to be doing it with Marveaux too. Not saying he's no good btw, just that we've not seen anything from him yet.

Think I was sold on him when I saw him link up brilliantly with Ben Arfa (think cup against Forrest) and a few instances with Cabaye (possibly v villa last year). Just seems to have a very quick football brain and can pass it well. However that been the case he needs equally good players around him to be able to play that game. Obviously easier to do with Ben Arfa and Cabaye than with the kids.

These arguments will rattle on til they get their chance unfortunately.