World Cup Qualifiers

CleeToonFan

Aye, personally thought they were the worst of the sixteen in Poland/Ukraine, To be honest I think Sweden are better than you and they're the team to beat.

Really can't get excited about beating Moldova 2-0...

Don't like Alan Green, but he's right when he says there should be pre-qualifying. There's no value in this game for either team. We'd be better off having a friendly against Holland.

I also believe England should be a touring side.

I also believe there should competitions for countries "B" sides.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

Don't like Alan Green, but he's right when he says there should be pre-qualifying. There's no value in this game for either team. We'd be better off having a friendly against Holland.

I also believe England should be a touring side.

I also believe there should competitions for countries "B" sides.

I believe for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows.

To be fair Luxembourg are drawing with Portugal, if that stays the same that'll be bigger than any pre qualifier victory would be for them

To be fair Luxembourg are drawing with Portugal, if that stays the same that'll be bigger than any pre qualifier victory would be for them

Not being funny, but there's no romance in World Cup Qualifiers and I'm sure Luxembourg would much rather beat teams of similar quality and actually get a shot at a WC Qualifier group where they get to entertain the big boys.

Australia "compete" against no-marks, dragging their European based stars to the other side of the world for a match against postmen.

The FA

Naw, as much as it's annoying for better nations to play it, it's how its done and should be

It's a cup and a world cup so everyone should be included, and the beauty of cups is anything can happen you can't have belittling of other countries for whatever reason, everyone gets their shot.

(England have had some shockers as have other better nations against minnows remember)

Irelands a decent nation to use as an example, we're a tiny country, our domestic leagues are well, shite frankly. But for some reason we're a tough side to beat in most sports for god knows what reason.

Even to the point we qualify for the likes of the world cup, like in 2002, we beat a dutch team that had some of the best players they've had come through their ranks, VanBommel, Horseface, overmars, Davids the DeBoer's, and what happened they are brought down by the might of Jason McAteer :lol: and fail to even qualify!

Then go on to get a 1-1 draw against a 25year old Ballack and topscorer Klose in the finals themselves and only get knocked out by spain on peno's in the last 16.

Aye, but if Ireland played in pre-qualfiers, they'd would be expected to make it through against the likes of Moldova and their kin. Teams like the American Samoan islands don't really add anything to the contest, do they (Australia 31–0 American Samoa)?

Id say there's a romance to those teams that come from countries that quite a lot o people haven't heard of, you know, your country is known for nothing and nothing international happens. All of a sudden you're playing Spain/England/Netherlands etc at home and you have your players up against world class players. Besides, it's a world cup, the romance of the tournament as a whole is whole is that every nation on earth (bar one or two non entrants) started on a similar footing and now the final 32 are proudly representing themselves as the elite. Not like the cricket wc or the rugby wc where the best nations just qualify automatically, leaving less chance of upset. Infact in cricket they're now letting less minnows enter, after Indias early exit losing tv viewers the other year.

Also it's hilarious when big teams lose

The point is, you won a game.

Certainly more entertaining than twatting a team 3-0 in the 1st half, then having a training session in the 2nd.

I see Sterling made the England squad. That's the senior England squad. Not the U19s. Not the U21s.

Just typical; be English and play for a big club like Liverpool*, and you'll get hype you probably don't deserve (all those articles after he looked alright against Man City praising him excessively), you get international call-ups you probably don't deserve. Nothing against the player by the way. He's had 2 pretty decent games in his top level entire career. This is far, far, far too early. So many players have deserved it more than him over the years and not even been considered.

*Lallana is an exception, but he's consistently proved his quality in the lower leagues and taken it into the Prem. Can't help but feel he's a bit of a last resort perhaps.

I know I shouldn't care because I'm completely apathetic about the England national team, but still.

They probably deserve it more in that they've done more to earn it, but bias against Liverpool aside he looks a good prospect and surely as long as it doesn't go to his head it's good for him to get experience of being with the squad as early as possible.

He'll probably hardly get any game time anyway, so better to give the experience to someone so young who could end up being a very good player.

I like Dyer, but he's never going to be good enough to be starting games for England anyway imo.

the likes of nathan dyer easily deserve a call up ahead of sterling, same with our former keeper F.Forster

What's Fraser Forster done to deserve a call up Ant? Maybe in Belfast he gets a mention, but if he'd get more coverage if he was playing in League One over here, and be facing better strikers. He won't get a call up, because he's performing averagely at a medium sized club, rather than averagely at a big club like Liverpool where you get noticed.

Italy have one of the best U21 sides in Europe without a doubt, first teams from Milan in there, but Ireland (with two sent off) beat them 2-4 over there last neet, mad result.

Think England will win easily tonight 2-0 maybe, will be a shite game.