Evolution.

wolfy

What do you think on this?

I'm more in the thought that it's not quite how we think but not because it's any conspiracy as such, I just don;t subscribe to many aspects of it.

I'll explain more as I go on.

Anyway...What are your thoughts on it and what do you believe 'could' be a reason for or against evolution?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

1. Natural selection definately exists.

2. "Evolution" is a misnomer because it implies that latter generations are 'better' than earlier; this is not always the case - e.g. Dodos, Pandas, the inverse correlation of human promiscuity and IQ in modern society.

3. Creationism is the biggest crock of moronic shit still believed in these times.

That is all.

It's a non-testable hypothesis.

It is testable actually, more so than astronomy. I've observed natural selection in human cancer cells. Macro evolution might not be but you wouldnt expect it to be. Still plenty of scientific evidence for it, overwhelmingly so.

And I'm willing to debate with all but two of the posters on this thread.

Guest CabayeAye

It is testable actually, more so than astronomy. I've observed natural selection in human cancer cells. Macro evolution might not be but you wouldnt expect it to be. Still plenty of scientific evidence for it, overwhelmingly so.

And I'm willing to debate with all but two of the posters on this thread.

Only two?

1. Natural selection definately exists.

2. "Evolution" is a misnomer because it implies that latter generations are 'better' than earlier; this is not always the case - e.g. Dodos, Pandas, the inverse correlation of human promiscuity and IQ in modern society.

3. Creationism is the biggest crock of moronic shit still believed in these times.

That is all.

Fair enough post.

Lets see if Renton and Fish demonstrate any signs of evolution by not getting dragged into a 100 page snoozefest on Wolfy's latest quest for attention.

Any topic made up , is made up for attention isn't it or what would the point of putting one up.

I don't know how everything on Earth came to be and I don't believe in any God as in how we are told, yet I can't stop wondering just how and why everything on Earth appears to be rigged up for all life to sustain itself, including plants in a sort of cycle.

For instance, flowers and plants need pollinating by bees,wasps etc, yet neither can survive without the other, which goes all the way up to ourselves being reliant upon all this cycle happening.

Looking at it from that context, it would be sensible to assume that something intelligent has set out this stall for us to co exist but what?

I mean, it's possible that everything just happened to fall into place over time by accident and not design.

It's definitely a mind bender that's for certain.

We are told that we originate from Apes, yet if that were true, why are there still Apes?

Realistically, judging by the supposed time we have been on Earth, why is it that we have only really advanced in the last 200 years with technology and only really truly advanced in electronics and also surgical procedures in the last 60 or so years when we have supposedly been roaming this Earth for thousands upon thousands of years, building structures and using tools and making intricate things even then.

Did we somehow become dumb or was it dumbed out of us on purpose?

I don't profess to have any real answers to it all but it does appear that we have been sold some bullshit about our history and evolution and what not.

Guest CabayeAye

I don't know how everything on Earth came to be and I don't believe in any God as in how we are told, yet I can't stop wondering just how and why everything on Earth appears to be rigged up for all life to sustain itself, including plants in a sort of cycle.

For instance, flowers and plants need pollinating by bees,wasps etc, yet neither can survive without the other, which goes all the way up to ourselves being reliant upon all this cycle happening.

Looking at it from that context, it would be sensible to assume that something intelligent has set out this stall for us to co exist but what?

I mean, it's possible that everything just happened to fall into place over time by accident and not design.

It's definitely a mind bender that's for certain.

We are told that we originate from Apes, yet if that were true, why are there still Apes?

Realistically, judging by the supposed time we have been on Earth, why is it that we have only really advanced in the last 200 years with technology and only really truly advanced in electronics and also surgical procedures in the last 60 or so years when we have supposedly been roaming this Earth for thousands upon thousands of years, building structures and using tools and making intricate things even then.

Did we somehow become dumb or was it dumbed out of us on purpose?

I don't profess to have any real answers to it all but it does appear that we have been sold some bullshit about our history and evolution and what not.

Give this a read, it'll answer many of those questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fine-tuned_Universe

Yeah that wikipedia explains many theories but what is correct and what is not?

I mean, we could actually make our heads explode thinking about how we came about in this universe and we could argue that this universe is so vast that one or 2 or many planets throughout it were bound to form and create life which evolves over so called millions of years and we are one of those planets that was lucky enough to fall into place with everything else forming around it.

A bit like having a trillion trillion monkeys all playing the piano and yet one of them actually plays a full on song. Who knows?

You guys not seen Prometheus?

Clears all this stuff up.

Well this is down to a belief in a God or Gods and goes down the line of intelligent design, yet who designed the God's to oversee the intelligent design of their creatures?

It's a bit like the chicken and the egg scenario.

I mean, look at Adam and Eve as told to us. What language would they use, (if they were real), and why do we have so many different languages and different races of people in size, colour and facial shape.