Why do we pay the license fee exactly?

Guest RockyRoad

I think some people are not understanding the rip off when they say the BBC is better value for money.

The fact of the matter is...whoever pays for sky or virgin, also pay the licence fee for a few channels.

We are paying twice.

Someone said, 'what's 30 p a day'...actually it's 40 p a day which is £2.80 a week or £11.20 a month.

You should really have the option of not having BBC at the very least and I for one would willingly do without it...but the point is, we have no choice because even having receiving equipment , and a TV, you still pay the licence.

If you have sky cut off, you don't get charged for having your dish up and a TV do you.

I think everyone gets its a license fee and not a subscription wolfy. I appreciate you might find 40 pence a day expensive in your situation, but I assume you couldn't afford sky. Would you be ok restricted to the remaining terrestrial channels, many of them which are dominated by BBC repeats?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone gets its a license fee and not a subscription wolfy. I appreciate you might find 40 pence a day expensive in your situation, but I assume you couldn't afford sky. Would you be ok restricted to the remaining terrestrial channels, many of them which are dominated by BBC repeats?

You assume wrong.

You assume wrong.

Well several times now you've suggested you're unemployed with a wife and two kids, and receive a giro, so its hardly much of an assumption. But if you were lying about that then, well, really what's the point?

Well several times now you've suggested you're unemployed with a wife and two kids, and receive a giro, so its hardly much of an assumption. But if you were lying about that then, well, really what's the point?

No no little fella, I gave you what you craved, which was the kiddified excitement of knowing I was unemployed because you actually went on about it too much, so I thought, 'ahhh fuck it, I'll give this kid the news what he wants to see.'

Any other things you crave, just ask. ;)

No no little fella, I gave you what you craved, which was the kiddified excitement of knowing I was unemployed because you actually went on about it too much, so I thought, 'ahhh fuck it, I'll give this kid the news what he wants to see.'

Any other things you crave, just ask. ;)

Craved? You've repeatedly lied about your circumstances and for what? I honestly don't see the point, life's too short. Conversing with you on any level is simply pointless.

the beeb is one of the great british institutions and the envy of much of the world.

they set the industry standard on a lot of the tech innovations too. every few years sony ask them what they want their cameras to look like in a few years; devlop them to the beeb's spec. then they're inevitably bought up the rest of the world's media companies.

Craved? You've repeatedly lied about your circumstances and for what? I honestly don't see the point, life's too short. Conversing with you on any level is simply pointless.

You asked me whether I was unemployed for some stupid reason and I said, If that's what you think, then go with that as I'm easy with it.

You then used the unemployed bit in any thread where you were getting no change from me and frustration got the better of you, so you decided that I was unemployed, living in a shit town sort of thing.

The snobbery reared it's ugly head with you, mainly because you believe you are above people, yet to me you are just a little village name on a message board.

Now you can converse with me or not, I don't give a fuck either way to be honest. You are probably a good kid when you're on your own and probably like to walk your little dog or something (wearing small wellies of course) in the open countryside areas around your little village, coming back home to a lovely dinner made with Bisto gravy, then later, a warm glass of milk and cookies before you slip into your jammies, cleaning your teeth and beddy byes.

Lot's of first year college kids would do the same , even science kids like yourself. ;)

Am I the only one that likes pointless btw?

I love it. We play along at home. :D Considered applying to go on but [a] they had a Eurovision-loving couple on a few series ago, and the application form is huge.

You asked me whether I was unemployed for some stupid reason and I said, If that's what you think, then go with that as I'm easy with it.

You then used the unemployed bit in any thread where you were getting no change from me and frustration got the better of you, so you decided that I was unemployed, living in a shit town sort of thing.

The snobbery reared it's ugly head with you, mainly because you believe you are above people, yet to me you are just a little village name on a message board.

Now you can converse with me or not, I don't give a fuck either way to be honest. You are probably a good kid when you're on your own and probably like to walk your little dog or something (wearing small wellies of course) in the open countryside areas around your little village, coming back home to a lovely dinner made with Bisto gravy, then later, a warm glass of milk and cookies before you slip into your jammies, cleaning your teeth and beddy byes.

Lot's of first year college kids would do the same , even science kids like yourself. ;)

Yawn. What an long post just to say "I'm a liar". No probs mate, literally no-one gives a shit really about you or any of your 'humorous ' posts.

Yawn. What an long post just to say "I'm a liar". No probs mate, literally no-one gives a shit really about you or any of your 'humorous ' posts.

Look kid...I'm ok with you, every college kid carries a chip on the shoulder. Trust me, in time you will look back and learn .

All kids do it mate, so chill out.

The BBC's most essential use is broadcasting the 'UK view' across the world in various languages and not the latest showing of series 45 of My Family.

I question its role in providing prime-time entertainment and the licence fee itself is archaic (just fund it from general taxation) but the importance of it as a news outlet cannot be underestimated. Try watching Sky News for more than 10 minutes and you'll see for yourself.

Bit of schoolyad thing to say tbh. I do, he's provided a fair chunk of the laughs and entertainment this last month or so, and contributes to the football thread with a fair amount of sense.

When was the last time you made a post that wasn't delighting in picking holes in a phone that you don't own, or making yourself look a tit in your 'debates' with an obvious WUM?

Edited by jonasjuice

Bit of schoolyad thing to say tbh. I do, he's provided a fair chunk of the laughs and entertainment this last month or so, and contributes to the football thread with a fair amount of sense.

When was the last time you made a post that wasn't delighting in picking holes in a phone that you don't own, or making yourself look a tit in your 'debates' with an obvious WUM?

Ok, so at least one person likes his batshit jokes, fair enough. You think he's an obvious Wum? Tbh I'm not sure about that, why would anyone go to such lengths for a wind up?

I've given up on his 'science' threads for some time now in any case. Still don't see the need for lies about his personal life.

Nice to see you picking my comments up on the phone thread (currently I own an iPhone and an HTC btw), what's your problem exactly?

Guest CabayeAye

FWIW, I disagree with many things that Wolfy says, but he seems like a good bloke.

I disagree with pretty much everything Renton says and he seems like one of these flag burning tosspot students, the kind who would get knocked put in a real pub for being a whiny, weasel faced, slimy cockwand with a huge chip on his shoulder, despite having zero life experience or intellect.

FWIW, I disagree with many things that Wolfy says, but he seems like a good bloke.

I disagree with pretty much everything Renton says and he seems like one of these flag burning tosspot students, the kind who would get knocked put in a real pub for being a whiny, weasel faced, slimy cockwand with a huge chip on his shoulder, despite having zero life experience or intellect.

Funny, about a month ago you listed me as one of your favourite posters. Before you threatened me with violence as implied with this post. For a silver spooned, public school educated, manager, married father of two, what kind of impression do you think you set about yourself on this forum? You can't even stick to a flounce man. :lol:

Guest CabayeAye

I have no feelings about you either way. You do strike me as a unempathetic sociopath though, and very immature. Most people were glad when you flounced btw.

Literally zero self awareness! :lol: