Why do we pay the license fee exactly?

Guest RockyRoad

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see both sides of the argument here.

I dont watch a lot of live TV so adverts dont bother me. I'm quite happy to record anything of interest on my PVR and watch it another time. In fact, I suspect one day the number of scheduled broadcast channels will start disappearing in favour of more On-Demand TV. The only thing I actively watch on BBC is MOTD/MOTD2. The Olympics coverage was excellent as well.

Im too old for Radio 1 ("Grimmy" is fucking awful) and dont have a car anyway - so i'll just pop a few podcasts on for the walk to work.

I do use the website but i would quite easily find another outlet if need be.

Guest CabayeAye

Well you fucking said it didn't you?

No, it's that I don't enjoy an entire night of BBC One being devoted to repeats. I've said this a million times in here already, are you just that thick that you still don't understand the main point?

Yawn. I'm actually pretty satisfied with the way most things in my life are, probably precisely because I do actually have the choice of not watching the BBC if they just want to pump out repeats. That's not to say I can't complain about them on here, as a 'general chat' topic of interest. If you're the kind of cunt who just accepts that 90% of the things in your life is completely shit, then I feel genuinely sad for you.

Are you so stupid that you're going to argue that BBC One on a Friday night, or a Sunday night, is going for niche markets? If that's the case, then just how few viewers are they aiming for with the likes of BBC Three or Four?

And I'm really not 'this wound up' about 30p a day though, it's only the freaks like you who don't really have a decent argument against the wall to repeats, who want to talk this crap.

This is your point? What a brilliant argument - BBC One is not for people with families or a life. Can you not hear yourself?

You don't watch much TV do you? Only a total and utter tosspot would claim that the BBC has cornered the market on decent and novel TV, certainly when compared to C4 or Sky. The BBC has tons of brilliant and new content, and on a Friday night it airs wall to wall repeats. Only a retard wouldn't see an issue with that statement.

TL:DR.

Just saw this

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the way most things in my life are, probably precisely because I do actually have the choice of not watching the BBC if they just want to pump out repeats.

:spit:

Just when you think a thread can't have any more sad acts diverting it from decent converstation, here comes ginger nuts outing himself as more of a GOLD man than someone whose going to be bothered about what's on BBC One.

I understand why you get so upset about it Rocky, but I fear you'll be leaving Skidmarks in your keks the way you're going.

The BBC is Best Ba None, wouldn't you say?

Hmm?

Just when you think a thread can't have any more sad acts diverting it from decent converstation, here comes ginger nuts outing himself as more of a GOLD man than someone whose going to be bothered about what's on BBC One.

Could you crush a grape?

Guest CabayeAye

You're the sad act who claimed to have put me on ignore the other week. So what went wrong? Did you have the same trouble setting it up as that other mong? Do you want me to go and get Ant to show you how to work it properly as he did with that cunt?

Bite alert.

So, of the four random programmes ( sport, two documemtaries, and a drama) I offered up , you didn't see two , dismissed one , and focused on what you perceived to be the weak points of the other. ( Even though you admit that you could watch any Olympic event you choose, as it happened).

1-0 to me.

You're running with it then. Tedious, but your only option I guess. Switching for a third (perhaps a fourth actually iirc) would just be embarassing.

As long as you're running with the edgy angry man act, I'll run with the laugh at what a cock you are act.

Now come on, tell us all what's got the tough boy annoyed today.

I appreciate that you find yourself funny, but the point of a forum is that other people really should be able to join in on the fun, if you're tyring to differentiate yourself from basic sad acts like CabayeAye. Anyone who finds your craic about panto villains or John Inman funny is as much a tool as you for dolling it out in the first place.

1. Who is ASM? I thought I had the monopoly on flouncing?

2. How fucking dare you call me a sad act. I might be a cunt, but you're an apococunt with sprinkles on. Cunt.

Is this a forum where certain posters get their kicks by seeing who flounces first or something. Is it a battle of internet wits or something?

What am I dealing with here?... is it internet mafia? is it internet one upmanship? is it internet 'I'm more educated than you' bullshit? or is it simply a case of , who cracks first and leaves the forum of their own accord?

Why can't people have a discussion on what they want to discuss without some going off on a mental breakdown of some sort to prove them wrong.

It's a discussion forum PRIMARILY Newcastle United with a general topic board, plus other interests, can't we at least just discuss them all without playing games of who will flounce or break?