If we were to sign 2 players in January

Andrew

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8341347/A-host-of-Premier-League-clubs-are-chasing-Dutch-international-Stefan-De-Vrij

bristolmagpie saysDecember 18, 2012 3:12pm

Admittedly we do need a defender (or two), but £8m for someone who is only 20? I'm sure he's a prospect for the future, but we need some solid experience. Lescott is apparently getting fed up at City, and wouldn't be too expensive I imagine. I personally would welcome him at SJP, along with Debuchy and Remy.

Who's this guy? Why does he want to sign old people? Stefan de Vrij is exactly the kind of supertalent I want for us. He has already played 78 league games.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8341313/Newcastle-boss-Alan-Pardew-admits-they-should-have-signed-more-players-in-summer

It is a difficult window, but I think we would like to get - definitely - one player in and not lose anybody," added Pardew.

From how I've learnt to understand Pardew this means

"we're gonna try bid for one or two players through whole window but if that fails, we're gonna say we did A HUGE EFFORT to secure a player but we just couldn't because of the prices"

and of course the high probability that we're gonna lose Ba and other key players, will not help raise these extremely poor efforts to secure new signings, even if it's just replacement ones.

The troubling high probability that we're gonna get relegated because of this or at least end up way below mid-table, will of course be ignored/accepted/not be of any concern to these mother****ers as long as they didn't have to pay for players.

Surely Tooj can spot a bit of self depreciation when he sees it?

I think you meant "Self deprecation" and I don't think that means what you think it means.

I did and I think it does .

Self deprecation would have you mocking, deriding, or otherwise denigrating yourself. Silence is rarely self deprecation. More likely you had no comeback so tried to sidestep the conversation.

I THINK we would - definately - like to get one player in, and not lose anybody.

Of cource we might lose one player. Or two.

:lol::lol:

My efforts on the bog resulted in more sensible stuff coming out than this!

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Self deprecation would have you mocking, deriding, or otherwise denigrating yourself. Silence is rarely self deprecation. More likely you had no comeback so tried to sidestep the conversation.

I thought he was referring to the post Happy Face posted, Non?

That's what started this man...

he is still talented and a proven quality player.

You've not provided any proof, certainly not from his time here...and you hadn't heard of him before he arrived (on a free having failed a medical elsewhere).

That's what started this man...

You've not provided any proof, certainly not from his time here...and you hadn't heard of him before he arrived.

I remember he was a wonderkid on fifa and football manager like 5 years ago, at least the games had heard of him :P but of course people on this forum seems to absolutely loathe users who takes references from games.

Edited by Aeris