If we were to sign 2 players in January

Andrew

Samba must be on an absolute fortune, but aye, he'd be great alongside Colo. Can't see it happening. Douglas on a free come June I reckon. We might get Debuchy (if the deal is right for 'Mike').

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want us to win under pardew, it means we have to suffer even longer under his tedious tenure.

The sooner he gets 3-4 back to back losses the sooner we are likely to see him fuck off.

I can cope with losing and finishing midtable - I didnt start supporting NUFC for the trophies.

The turgid fotball we are seeing under pardew with the quality of players we have at our disposal - Thats it for me.

Get his gasoline-scarred face out of our club.

Label me a mackem if you will, Im looking at the longer lines here.

Our club is doomed as long as he is in charge.

He has no fotball philosophy beyond stopping the other team, that way of thinking will NEVER make us a great club - not even a decent one.

Clubs such as Liverpool, Swansea, Everton - hell even Wigan - they all try to play their own way.

And good on them for doing so, its the only way to be.

Sorry like but what a crock of shit. :lol:

What I do agree with is that at the moment I think he is struggling to know what team to put out. I think we all know that Ba and Cisse cant play together, they both like being the main striker and neither do as well pushed outside. for that Id like to see us have more options up front. But a shit thin squad ravaged with injuries and low morale, for that I dont hold him totally to blame. But to want us to get beat, no matter the reason just shows you as a WUM. Lets face it, you dont give a fuck about NUFC really do you? Just have fun posting "cerayzee ideas".

If there's two players I think we should sign in January, realistic players, I'd try and sign Chris Samba. He's reportedly unhappy in Russia, and he'd be ideal as a big fucka next to Colo, could be quite a formidable partnership, then we wouldn't rely on Simpson as much as Saylor could fill in it at right back too. I don't care what anyone says, we only have two strikers at the club, Shola needs to retire, and I think we should put a cheeky one in for Tony Watt at Celtic. He's only 18, but he looks excellent, he scored 2 in his first 5 minutes in football, and has a winner against Barcelona to his name, he would also fit in with our policy of signing younguns.

Centre half and a forward are a must imo. We let Best and Lovenkrands go and didnt replace them. Shola is can be handy in a cameo role in the odd game when we are wining 2-0 with 10mins to go. Ba and Cisse cant play together so we need someone who can play off them both.

I've seen absolutely nothing in him that suggests he's good enough.

I think he looked more capable and exciting against Wigan than Cabayes looked all season ( not that that's I great compliment given how poor Cabaye has been).

Don't think we have anyone else who is creatively alert and capable of taking people on from that midfield role.

Aye, he looked decent playing against an ordinary side who were reduced to 10 men after about 10 minutes, I'll concede that. He's never looked any good when not afforded that amount of space though so it's not really that significant iyam.

Physically too weak, and looks like he needs too much time on the ball, meaning in this league he's no good to man nor fuckin beast. Cabaye was tough enough straight away,same with Cisse. But Anita is coming good with time so who knows? One thing I would say is when we still might have qualified for the champions league v Everton last season he was abysmal. They all were mind, but he looked like he couldnt be arsed, regardless of how fit he was. Didnt appear for the second half. Lovely first touch mind. CT's noticed that ;)

Physically too weak, and looks like he needs too much time on the ball, meaning in this league he's no good to man nor fuckin beast. Cabaye was tough enough straight away,same with Cisse. But Anita is coming good with time so who knows? One thing I would say is when we still might have qualified for the champions league v Everton last season he was abysmal. They all were mind, but he looked like he couldnt be arsed, regardless of how fit he was. Didnt appear for the second half. Lovely first touch mind. CT's noticed that ;)

Aye, he was shit against Everton, coming back from nearly a year or two out. Remind you of anyone else who was shit last season for quite a while?

Aye, he was shit against Everton, coming back from nearly a year or two out. Remind you of anyone else who was shit last season for quite a while?

Theres one thing being shit. Another thing is not trying. Am not sure about him, but he just seems a bit heartless iyam.

A bit gutted if the stories about Marveaux going are true. The lads never really got a decent run in the team, so to get rid when he's starting to come good seems daft.

Saying he's starting to come good is quite a bit OTT when his performance against a 10 man Wigan team was indeed promising, but I wouldn't say that's him turning a corner.

Of course I hope he does as he's one of our few players that has an eye for a pass and has lovely technique. He still needs time as he's obviously adapting to the pace of the Premier League. As at the moment for me what he's missing is a bit more drive to his game as more often than not he slows our play down when he has the ball.

The difference being Christmas Tree Marveaux is nowhere near the talent Ben Arfa is. Ben Arfa also came to us with a reputation as the most talented French player of his generation which includes the likes of Benzema and Nasri. So it was obvious that he would come good, not that people would listen at the time mind.

Is Marveaux CT's latest crush as he hasn't mentioned Shane for a while. This being the Shane that would solve all of our attacking problems if he was given starts.

Saying he's starting to come good is quite a bit OTT when his performance against a 10 man Wigan team was indeed promising, but I wouldn't say that's him turning a corner.

Of course I hope he does as he's one of our few players that has an eye for a pass and has lovely technique. He still needs time as he's obviously adapting to the pace of the Premier League. As at the moment for me what he's missing is a bit more drive to his game as more often than not he slows our play down when he has the ball.

A couple of things.

Even though Wigan had 10 men, he still had the right number in front of him when he was picking out passes and dribbling through them.

As for slowing down our game, Hallelujah! I dont mind it slowing down and picking out the right ball rather than constant hoofball or crap passes.

Im not saying he has made it or nowt like that, Its just a shame to lose a player who is getting better and does look quality on the ball. I still think in a proper formation with other quality players around him he would be very good.

Hopefully he'll get a start against qpr

The difference being Christmas Tree Marveaux is nowhere near the talent Ben Arfa is. Ben Arfa also came to us with a reputation as the most talented French player of his generation which includes the likes of Benzema and Nasri. So it was obvious that he would come good, not that people would listen at the time mind.

Im not saying he is, but he is still talented and a proven quality player. Its not as though we are busting at the seems with them.

People seem to forget that not so long ago it was the likes of Butt and Smith showcasing their fancy footwork.

Marveaux is definitely one we should be keeping and trying to play the ball on the ground.

Why do think Marveaux is a "proven quality player", CT? What are you basing that on? Because I'm going to assume it's not your in-depth knowledge of continental football.

Im not saying he is, but he is still talented and a proven quality player. Its not as though we are busting at the seems with them.

People seem to forget that not so long ago it was the likes of Butt and Smith showcasing their fancy footwork.

Marveaux is definitely one we should be keeping and trying to play the ball on the ground.

Can I ask you where you are getting this proven and quality player stuff from? Ben Arfa certainly was before he came to us. Not sure I've read that about Marveaux, unless you are basing this on your extensive knowledge of the French league?

In Marveaux's career he's never achieved more than 5 assists in a league season and he had one year with a purple patch in front of goal where he hit 12. After that his second highest tally is 6.

So where are you getting this proven from Chistmas Tree?

Why do think Marveaux is a "proven quality player", CT? What are you basing that on? Because I'm going to assume it's not your in-depth knowledge of continental football.

Based on reading up about him when we signed him. Apparently he had been quite high on the radar of the top four in this country prior to his injury in france.???

In Marveaux's career he's never achieved more than 5 assists in a league season and he had one year with a purple patch in front of goal where he hit 12. After that his second highest tally is 6.

So where are you getting this proven from Chistmas Tree?

See Alex's post or see all the very pleased posts for people when he joined or the various excited views you have posted about him ;)

Putting all of that to one side, its very simple to see that the bloke is quality on the ball and has a good football brain. I would rather he stayed than went.