Red bull(shit) stratos record.

wolfy

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I had the majority view, why is it shocking to think that just maybe the US government didn't slaughter 3000 of its own citizens for some nebulous excuse to go to war?

Edit: meant for OTF.

Nobody has said the US Govt did it. Infact I have been at pains to point out Bush knew nothing about it.

Nobody has said the US Govt did it. Infact I have been at pains to point out Bush knew nothing about it.

Chez has suggested it. I'm much less convinced about a higher neocon power tbh anyway.

I thought I had the majority view, why is it shocking to think that just maybe the US government didn't slaughter 3000 of its own citizens for some nebulous excuse to go to war?

Edit: meant for OTF.

Hey, I'm not suggesting otherwise. Jug the way it was quoted I initially thought that it had come from an actual US Government source (with some editorializing added).

I'd agree with it to some extent, but would add that they likely anticipated some form of larger scale attack just were not able to prevent it. A statement like that could be used to prevent hysteria.

"The chimney does a now you see me now you don't"

or, the chimney is obviously obscured by smoke.

Fucking Hell wolfy... up your bloody game.

Then why did you post that video which you suggested showed bush had prior knowledge?

I asked a question about a video, i did not express any opinion on it.

You obviously struggle with how i view this issue but for you US intelligence agencies only became competent organisations in 2002, you expressly stated that despite the fact the US had been attacked 3 times they werent expecting to be attacked and you also state that you cant see how 9/11 furthered the neo-conservative agenda. Seeing this as the type of event changes US foreign policy from Clinton's softly softly to imperialist neo-con happening 10 months after this specific group of neo-cons get into power as unlikely to be a coincidence must also be tricky.

These neo-con groups are writing foreign policy papers in the late 90s describing exactly what is going to happen in Iraq and Afghanistan in 2001. It just so happens that the only sort of event that can justify the swing in policy occurs when they get into power. Amazing opportunism?

What Bush knew? That they were going to invade Iraq when they got into power. 9 days after the event they are openly discussing the invasion of Iraq in the corridors of the Pentagon. That a plan was already on the table shouldnt really be up for debate tbh.

People really underestimate the dark side of the arms industry and its links within certain cabals within the Pentagon and the intelligence complex.

It should also be remembered Cheney and others and their links to various companies that are an adjunct to the american war manchine. Kellog Brown and Root and Halliburton to name a couple.