Flounce Tour 2013

Christmas Tree

Relegation Poll  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CT, could it be that the majority of posters on here believe that any talk of relegation and sacking Pardew is very premature and that there isn't much to discuss?

It could be the majority believe that. But why not let that discussion take place?

As it happens, those subjects ARE being discussed in great detail on other forums, Twitter and even starting to creep into the journos, who are always last.

And again. posters off here are discussing these subjects, just not here.

Is it that this isnt the biggest forum, but does it consist of a lot of (regular) posters in the 35-45ish bracket, who have been match goers since childhood, who have seen loads of shit NUFC teams and at least 2 relegations? dont know the make up of other forums, but a lot on here are of the world weary, cynical "seen it all before" nature as far as I can make out. So they don't get panicked easy. Thats not to say they aren't concerened (I fuckin well am anyway)......which brings us to you CT, it looks like you're from that background and just choose to act like a fuckin tart, either to wind others up or just because maybe you are one? (I think its the former, fuck knows why you want to but there you go)

It could be the majority believe that. But why not let that discussion take place?

As it happens, those subjects ARE being discussed in great detail on other forums, Twitter and even starting to creep into the journos, who are always last.

And again. posters off here are discussing these subjects, just not here.

You floated the idea and it was shot down. Just as it has been every time that LBT/Aeris bangs on about it. No one is suppressing the discussion, it's simply that no one sees a need to discuss it.

Move on.

We had an opportunity to kick on after the strides taken last year. As a club we declined to take that opportunity, not for the first time gambles were taken and haven't paid off, injuries, suspensions and loss of form coupled with the European campaign are karma's way of saying 'told you so!'

Don't think there's too much to add to be fair, CT. We will not be relegated nethertheless it's a disappointing season ahead. That's how it's going to be in this current climate and with our owner at the helm, don't like it? 'Taff fahckin' titties moi ahld sahn!' as Comcal Dekka would probably say off air in front of a cardboard wall decorated with loads of Wonga logo's.

There you go, voted :)

I had to laugh recently at a statement by Llambias who said AP wasnt in danger and we were allowed a bad season. Well, thats no surprise given that I blame the bulk of the issue on him and the lack of spending. In the past we have jumped up and down for a manager to be sacked as the rest of the prem pointed and laughed. Now we have stability in a long term deal for the manager and imo he needs to be given time to turn it around. I would hope that the owner will see what a fuck up he made by not investing in the summer and do so this winter. I think a couple of new faces could give the place a much needed lift and I hope they have learned from it. Sadly, I dont think they will and I fully expect to hear the "we tried but its hard, but at least we didnt sell" line. I do think Pardew can turn it around but I think we will slip in to the bottom 3 before we do. We might finished 14th but then we need to build again in the summer with lessons learned. You'd be foolish not to be concerned like, but its far from something thats going to make me spit out my dummy.

Is it that this isnt the biggest forum, but does it consist of a lot of (regular) posters in the 35-45ish bracket, who have been match goers since childhood, who have seen loads of shit NUFC teams and at least 2 relegations? dont know the make up of other forums, but a lot on here are of the world weary, cynical "seen it all before" nature as far as I can make out. So they don't get panicked easy. Thats not to say they aren't concerened (I fuckin well am anyway)......which brings us to you CT, it looks like you're from that background and just choose to act like a fuckin tart, either to wind others up or just because maybe you are one? (I think its the former, fuck knows why you want to but there you go)

I think there is a decent spread of posters on here and wouldn't have thought it was mainly 35-45 regular match goers. That also tries to paint us almost as "better" than other forums which is one could say Tartish.

Most things we have seen before but again this is a forum to discuss football :) If these are not the sort of things you want to discuss on a Newcase forum then what are?

Maybe you should have a gander elsewhere and see the decent discussions that are going on involving posters who used to discuss those sort of things here.

As for your last bit do fuck off. I'm not going into threads I have no interest in and wumming.

I get most of my football discussion out of the way with my mates immediately after the matches tbh. I don't sit about thinking about it all week, what's the point? Not like we can do owt about it

That's fair enough for you, but this is a Newcastle football forum for those who want to discuss Newcastle football stuff.

We had an opportunity to kick on after the strides taken last year. As a club we declined to take that opportunity, not for the first time gambles were taken and haven't paid off, injuries, suspensions and loss of form coupled with the European campaign are karma's way of saying 'told you so!'

Don't think there's too much to add to be fair, CT. We will not be relegated nethertheless it's a disappointing season ahead. That's how it's going to be in this current climate and with our owner at the helm, don't like it? 'Taff fahckin' titties moi ahld sahn!' as Comcal Dekka would probably say off air in front of a cardboard wall decorated with loads of Wonga logo's.

I think part of the discussion is regarding Pardews abilities and what he may or may not do to turn it around.

Granted everyone wanted more bodies through the door, but some feel he should be getting more out of what he has available than he has.

Are you happy ( wrong word) to go down with him and give him a chance to rebuild for example.

That's fair enough for you, but this is a Newcastle football forum for those who want to discuss Newcastle football stuff.

It's been the same four discussion points for months, man. There's nowt more to say. If the threads weren't full of reactionary nonsense, I'd be in them more often. There's never any news, really so there's no merit in discussing if Pardew should be gone (fucking hell!) or the finer points of the squad when it's the same things being said over and over. Nothing is taken in any recent context anyway, just long-standing, out-dated stubborn opinion so the discussions are completely irrelevant.

I think part of the discussion is regarding Pardews abilities and what he may or may not do to turn it around.

Granted everyone wanted more bodies through the door, but some feel he should be getting more out of what he has available than he has.

Are you happy ( wrong word) to go down with him and give him a chance to rebuild for example.

See? This isn't relevant football discussion. We're in a bad run of form ffs with the rest of the season to go. It's just talking about whatever unfiltered thing pops into your mind.

I don't think we will go down and any rebuilding done to improve our squad will probably follow the route of Carr scouting players and somebody going in to find out if they have any clauses in their contracts which will mean a cheap deal. Don't think Pardew will have any huge say in the matter.

I think there is a decent spread of posters on here and wouldn't have thought it was mainly 35-45 regular match goers. That also tries to paint us almost as "better" than other forums which is one could say Tartish.

Most things we have seen before but again this is a forum to discuss football :) If these are not the sort of things you want to discuss on a Newcase forum then what are?

Maybe you should have a gander elsewhere and see the decent discussions that are going on involving posters who used to discuss those sort of things here.

As for your last bit do fuck off. I'm not going into threads I have no interest in and wumming.

I dont think am any better or any worse than the next man but I'm not impressed by drama queens. Calling for Pardews head a fortnight ago was the dictionary definition of one. Sorry if it offends you but ffs chill out and wait and see what happens. Most of the folk on here at the moment back Pardew, regardless of age tbh. Thats going to change if we continue to be shit. Last season bought him time. Not much though. If the comitteee brings some players in and we're still in trouble in March he'll get sacked. I don't know what else there is to say without repeating a load a fuckin shit and throwing most of it at you and the freak.

Is there anything else to say apart from we're having a fuckin shit season? Why must everything be analised to the nth degree? I bet you Pardew, Ashley and Llambias are as mystified as the rest of us as to why its been shit. They probably feel its down to the same combination of reasons that most of us do. Pardew's at fault for numerous things, am in complete agreement on a lot of them. But theres fuck all I can do about it and bleating on about the issues won't change any of them. Thats shit for a message board but hey ho life sucks.

This sort of ridiculous "WELL, WHY HAVEN'T WE BUILT ON LAST YEAR?!!!" is a totally hollow opinion too. It doesn't take into account that last season, while brilliant, saw us be quite fortuitous at times and have relatively little bad luck with injuries. This year, we've had more games (including a hard mid-week trip to Man U in the Cup) with Europe and a squad stretched by injuries and suspensions. At times last season, we weren't very good, we were very direct, cautious and squeezed a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 wins on the back of a performing back four and midfield partnership in Cabaye and Tiote. The centre halves aren't performing (but at least Coloccini can recapture his form, not sure on Williamson) and the midfield has been chopped and changed so many times and is missing its key player in Cabaye. Pardew has had to rely on youth that isn't ready in Sammy and Ferguson, to an extent in certain fixtures due to lack of spending in the summer but the performances of Anita and Bigirimana suggest that the scouting system is still valid and that Pardew knows how to nurture these players along and plug them into a system that works.

As we've set up this year, we've been no different to how we were last season. Two banks of four with the intention of being difficult to break down with the ball worked wide to win set-pieces or get balls into the box for Ba. At times, we can go through the middle with Ben Arfa to get it around the box. Injuries have meant that the attacking shape has changed this year but at the back, we're still the same but we're seeing our back four (Santon aside) suffering from poor form and we're leaking goals because of it. The amount of times Coloccini has fell asleep at the back and we've conceded a goal in and around our six yard box has been plenty.

Pardew's systems are fine and they are directly linked to the successes of last season. Yes, they're basic but I don't recall much complaints when these basic systems got us 2nd top in November. Or when we were in Europe by April. It's this growing trend of some people on here that the nebulous "Pardew" is in the wrong without taking any external factors into account. I think Pardew's subs have been poor at times, in the sense of personnel and how late he's been leaving them and the insistence on Krul punting it up field when you have players like Santon and Coloccini to bring it out from the back infuriates me but I like his philosophy of setting us up to be hard to beat first and foremost. It's just this season, our defensive play has been shocking and it'd be a blinkered man that won't say Coloccini and Williamson have been equally to blame, not to mention Tiote's reckless passing in our own half.

We'll stamp out the shite, we'll get players back in form and we'll be fine. There's a bigger context to everything at a football club and running every single moment under a microscope achieves nothing productive when talking about it.

One thing to add, If we're playing the blame game the players come into it too. Jonas, Tiote, Colo and Samton were fuckin awful the other night. Its not as simple as saying "Pardew should get more out of them" He did last season, he's not doing this season. If its his job to motivate and inspire the players then he was pretty good at it five months ago and now he's fuckin rubbish at it? Ridiculous tbh. He's making mistakes, but some of the fuckers who were top performers last season have been dreadful this season too. Have they forgotten how to play? probably not, it might be something as simple as being out of form? having their heads turned comes into it too, no one is tellign me that some of them can't be arsed because the bids for them weren't big enough to tempt Ashley last season? Theres so many things to why we're rubbish this season that blaming Pardew alone is ridiculous.

This sort of ridiculous "WELL, WHY HAVEN'T WE BUILT ON LAST YEAR?!!!" is a totally hollow opinion too. It doesn't take into account that last season, while brilliant, saw us be quite fortuitous at times and have relatively little bad luck with injuries. This year, we've had more games (including a hard mid-week trip to Man U in the Cup) with Europe and a squad stretched by injuries and suspensions. At times last season, we weren't very good, we were very direct, cautious and squeezed a lot of 2-1 and 1-0 wins on the back of a performing back four and midfield partnership in Cabaye and Tiote. The centre halves aren't performing (but at least Coloccini can recapture his form, not sure on Williamson) and the midfield has been chopped and changed so many times and is missing its key player in Cabaye. Pardew has had to rely on youth that isn't ready in Sammy and Ferguson, to an extent in certain fixtures due to lack of spending in the summer but the performances of Anita and Bigirimana suggest that the scouting system is still valid and that Pardew knows how to nurture these players along and plug them into a system that works.

As we've set up this year, we've been no different to how we were last season. Two banks of four with the intention of being difficult to break down with the ball worked wide to win set-pieces or get balls into the box for Ba. At times, we can go through the middle with Ben Arfa to get it around the box. Injuries have meant that the attacking shape has changed this year but at the back, we're still the same but we're seeing our back four (Santon aside) suffering from poor form and we're leaking goals because of it. The amount of times Coloccini has fell asleep at the back and we've conceded a goal in and around our six yard box has been plenty.

Pardew's systems are fine and they are directly linked to the successes of last season. Yes, they're basic but I don't recall much complaints when these basic systems got us 2nd top in November. Or when we were in Europe by April. It's this growing trend of some people on here that the nebulous "Pardew" is in the wrong without taking any external factors into account. I think Pardew's subs have been poor at times, in the sense of personnel and how late he's been leaving them and the insistence on Krul punting it up field when you have players like Santon and Coloccini to bring it out from the back infuriates me but I like his philosophy of setting us up to be hard to beat first and foremost. It's just this season, our defensive play has been shocking and it'd be a blinkered man that won't say Coloccini and Williamson have been equally to blame, not to mention Tiote's reckless passing in our own half.

We'll stamp out the shite, we'll get players back in form and we'll be fine. There's a bigger context to everything at a football club and running every single moment under a microscope achieves nothing productive when talking about it.

Don't think it's ridiculous to recognise that a lot of factors helped us last year such as the fortuitous games where things went our way and to also recognise that we might not get as lucky with injuries, form and 'wotnot' (copyright John Anderson) and with a European campaign being added to the list maybe we could've bulked up/improved on our weak areas? Also players can get into a comfort zone no matter how talented they are, maybe some real competition would've bucked a few ideas up? Basically, 'building on last year' doesn't automatically mean pushing on from 5th to 4th, but helping us to hopefully avoid the slide we've all seen so far this season due to the reasons most of us are aware of.

See? This isn't relevant football discussion. We're in a bad run of form ffs with the rest of the season to go. It's just talking about whatever unfiltered thing pops into your mind.

A bad run of form :lol:

Worst away run in 27 years isn't it

Never come behind to win in over 2 years

3 formations a match

4 wins all season, 1 courtesy of playing against 10 and the other due to a fluke off Cisses arse!

Some might say stability of manager is better than panicking into a new one which makes the above point valid.

Fair enough though, if we all just want to live in General Chat, so be it :lol: