Happy New Year!

Kitman

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Fist has found a particularly brutal "cure" to my ,albeit slight, hangover- taking down the tree and decorations.

Don't let anyone tell you Evil Witches are make believe. ;)

You dont leave them up till 12th night/Epiphany then?...my old dear thinks its bad luck to take them down before then....Mrs PL wanted to take them down boxing day! :o

We were in a newish bar up the road last night...a pint of yer actual Japanese Asahi beer?....four pound fuckin ninety five pence, plus a 10% surcharge for NYE= the most expensive pint outside of a major city in the UK....I'd imagine anyway... :angry2:

I stuck to Timothy Taylors ale, looking like a refugee from the Rovers Return in amongst the bottles of Veuve Cliqot(?) and Prosecco....what a bunch of pretentious twats.

Taking down the decorations on New Year's day? Evil witch, has to be the sixth for me. Which fortunately is a Sunday.

I tried to put it off til then.

Failed.

Miserably :lol:

And as sure as night follows day, they suddenly then decide that the now bare room needs decorating. :lol:

My simple , two word response to that has won me a stay of execution until Spring.

the bar put a surcharge on the drinks for nye? i'd have left on principle, it's bad enough being chinned at the door for a ticket to get in but drink prices put up? fuck me

an ex liked Leffe Blond so if somewhere served it i'd buy her those, used to get hit 4.70 for it in a bar in wales when we went out.

Asahi is nice fwiw if on the rare occasion i buy a couple of bottles of something for the house that's normally what i'd lift.

All ticket everywhere else round these parts, I think the surcharge was to pay for the (dreadful) band they had on...the whole area round that boozer has been yuppiefied in the last decade or so; been polluted by new money types from nearby Sandbanks. Theres a big park in the centre of the area,it used to be full of dossers and drunks and you could could get a good lock in in two or three of the down at heel bars dotted around it; now its full of yummy mummies pushing tank sized buggies around and twats drinking champagne.

Asahi is lovely as you say and used to be available in quite a few supermarkets in bottles very cheaply. There used to be another one called Sapporo where you got it in a can and had to somehow "unrap" it and pour it into a glass; there was a time in the late eighties when drinking out of cans (Schlitz,red stripe etc) in bars was the height of cool in some circles :jesuswept:

The Millenium fucked NYE I reckon.

Previously, NYE was a few pints in each of the local bars, finishing in The George where you'd see people you hadn't seen all year.

Out at 11, to a house party.

Now, even the shittiest dives are ticket only, and you gave to be in there before 8.

Fuck that.

Only spent a tenner this year. :D A 10 pack of Strongbow and a couple of bottles of Savanna, walked there and back.

Think I spent more on junk food etc last year when I just stopped in.

I did pretty well. Bottle of red wine, a stella, a murphy's, a pint of guest ale and a gin and ginger beer.

No hangover and the only money I spent was £3 on chicken and chips. Get in. :lol:

There was no ticketing at the local boozer. They gave everyone in there a free glass of fizz as well for the countdown. :)

I stayed in, only had a couple of beers and some party grub with Wife and kids. Around the early hours I was half asleep and thought I heard some metal coathangers rattling in the wardrobe. A few seconds later I heard what I thought was my wife getting up and saying 'happy new year, darling' and felt a kiss. I was still half asleep and couldn't be arsed to say it back/open my eyes.

I asked her if she got up early this morning and she said no she slept like a log all night and she was in bed this morning when it got light. I don't know if I dreamed it or not. :faint:

I stayed in, only had a couple of beers and some party grub with Wife and kids. Around the early hours I was half asleep and thought I heard some metal coathangers rattling in the wardrobe. A few seconds later I heard what I thought was my wife getting up and saying 'happy new year, darling' and felt a kiss. I was still half asleep and couldn't be arsed to say it back/open my eyes.

I asked her if she got up early this morning and she said no she slept like a log all night and she was in bed this morning when it got light. I don't know if I dreamed it or not. :faint:

;)

Good night at our place with friends. I like volunteering to play hostess on NYE, beats actually having to travel anywhere. :D And my god, the bacon, sausage and egg butties this brunchtime were like manna from heaven.

Sapporo

I remember that . Used to get tins/cans of it in Flynns and Masters back in the day .

I think they went through a few product design experiments like .

Whole top came off like a tin of beans and I had one as a pencil holder 'because I was cool'

My NYE highlights were Roland Gift and Adam Ant doing a canny job of their olden goldens on Jools Holland :blush:

He came as Jack Sparrow but I think he must have his head back together (after throwing an engine through a pub window or something years ago iirc ?)

He's 58 !

Worth a watch back on iPlayer for his backing singer and drummer btw youdirtyoldbastard ;)

...but watch yasel - John Fuckingbishop's all over it .

Look out for Moira Stewart doing a couple of songs too .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

I remember that . Used to get tins/cans of it in Flynns and Masters back in the day .

I think they went through a few product design experiments like .

Whole top came off like a tin of beans and I had one as a pencil holder 'because I was cool'

My NYE highlights were Roland Gift and Adam Ant doing a canny job of their olden goldens on Jools Holland :blush:

Drank by fans of those soppy ties with 3 ducks on them, quite possibly during an appearance on the hit man and her :glare: Think Adamant's been a bit up down all his life...he sold out the O2 in Bournemouth last month...canny good by all accounts....

In keeping with the great tradition of sitcom domestic disasters at Christmas, got in from the mother in law's earlier to find we have a "power shower" in the kitchen- water pissing out of the light and ceiling.

Fibre seal on the cistern pipe had gone in the bathroom/swimming pool whilst we were out.

Changed it now and fixed the leak, just have to wait for the ceiling to dry out and see what damage has been done.

Fuck my life :lol: