Talking to the Enemy

Walker9009

I come in peace :bye:

Just hoping I could ask some questions on Newcastle, Everton and the upcoming game for http://www.theevertonforum.co.uk/forum/forum.php

1. I'm not going to ask have you have fared so far this season, because it's fairly obvious compared to last year. Do you believe it's all down to injuries?

2. In your last two games you have decided to give it a real attacking go to two of the best attacking teams in the Premiership. Are you expecting a similar approach on Wednesday?

3. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to Everton in the upcoming evening game?

4 There are always certain players from any team that always get the media praise. Your natural starting 11 has some real quality players in it, although some won't be available for selection on Wednesday. Demba Ba has taken all the plaudits this season, how do you rate him and is he likely to feature against us Toffee's?

5. Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve this season from the media and even your own fan base this season?

6. I have to say that not only Evertonians but a lot of other fan bases aren't big fans of Alan Pardew. How do your fans find him?

7. In the last few years Everton have had certain periods where the Chairman has come under heavy scrutiny and Newcastle have gone through the same with Mike Ashley. Are the majority of the Toon Army against him or did last season get him a few more fans?

8. Where do you think you'll finish this season?

Moving on to Everton...

9. How do you think we have fared this season?

10. Do you believe we are overachieving or underachieving in our current top 6 position?

11. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Newcastle team in the upcoming game?

12. What is your opinion of David Moyes and what do you make of the job he has done for Everton?

13. Where do you think this Everton side will finish come the end of the season?

14. Finally, predictions for the game?

:good:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. I'm not going to ask have you have fared so far this season, because it's fairly obvious compared to last year. Do you believe it's all down to injuries?

It's a combination of factors. We've had some nasty long term injuries, but we've had more games in Europe which doesn't just drain the players that play in both competitons, it takes away training time from the first team that appear only at the weekends too. Also, we're on more opponents radars as a team to beat. As teams grind out results against us (rather than us doing it to them like we did last year) heads have dropped and there's no momentum. When a club gets like that then players don't want to be out there and what should be just a niggle keeping a player out short term becomes more serious as there isn't the desire to get back out there. The manager really has to up his game to get around issues that just weren't there for us last year.

2. In your last two games you have decided to give it a real attacking go to two of the best attacking teams in the Premiership. Are you expecting a similar approach on Wednesday?

Not as much. It's frustrating as hell to see us give it a go as we have "nothing to lose" against the champions league teams....but then to revert to a much more measured approach against other clubs. We really scared Arsenal and Man U...no offense, but we should expect 3 points from you at home. We would take all 3 points too, if we played like we did the last 2 games (at least in attack), it's perverse that such expectation sees Pardew set us up much more cautiously.

3. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to Everton in the upcoming evening game?

Ben Arfa was our only creative threat all season, cabaye was disappointing. Injuries have meant neither will play. Obertan and Marveaux have looked like being able to open doors no-one else could in recent games. Despite his lack of goals, if Cisse gets the chances he'll put them away as well as Ba has been.

4 There are always certain players from any team that always get the media praise. Your natural starting 11 has some real quality players in it, although some won't be available for selection on Wednesday. Demba Ba has taken all the plaudits this season, how do you rate him and is he likely to feature against us Toffee's?

Best striker the club has had since Shearer without question. Incredible talent and hard worker. Over the moon his knee has kept the big boys away from him. Apparently Pardew says he will play.

5. Are there any players that haven't been getting the praise they deserve this season from the media and even your own fan base this season?

Santon at left back has been getting all the plaudits he deserves from the fans. I've not seen much praise for him on MOTD or Gillette Soccer Saturday though.

6. I have to say that not only Evertonians but a lot of other fan bases aren't big fans of Alan Pardew. How do your fans find him?

I think he's a cunt. But then, so are Fergie and Allardyce, and Redknapp and Wenger......etc. etc.

7. In the last few years Everton have had certain periods where the Chairman has come under heavy scrutiny and Newcastle have gone through the same with Mike Ashley. Are the majority of the Toon Army against him or did last season get him a few more fans?

Mike Ashley will never win over the Newcastle fans. Freddie Shepherd couldn't do it and he broke world record transfer fees. The Glazers can't do it with titles and £30m+ signings. it's the nature of the game to hate chairmen. Ashley has been worse than most with renaming the stadium, moving fans, appointing 5 managers in one season, bringing in Dennis Wise and many other matters. See why he is a twat here. It's not been added to in a long time as he's pretty much learned to stop the daft statements.

11-15

Everton were becoming a cliche for poor starts and surging finishes. Moyes seems to have corrected that for once. I think everyone has been waiting for him to do it consistently over a full season and this could be the one.

10. Do you believe we are overachieving or underachieving in our current top 6 position?

I think top 6 should be your expectation every year really. I can't see anyone below you currently who's had a bad shake and should expect to oust you from that position. Can't see you breaking that top 5 with any regularity only because of finances unfortunately.

11. Who do you think will be the biggest threat to your Newcastle team in the upcoming game?

I was disappointed Fellaini will be back for it. He's a dirty rotter. Would have said Jelavic previously but he seems to be drying up. What's the story there?

12. What is your opinion of David Moyes and what do you make of the job he has done for Everton?

He's done an excellent job for you the gollum faced prick that he is. You should be over the moon. I wonder how many other jobs he's been offered because the work he does on a comparative shoe string is top notch.

13. Where do you think this Everton side will finish come the end of the season?

Have to say a Newcastle win. 2-0

1.) I'm not going to ask have you have fared so far this season, because it's fairly obvious compared to last year. Do you believe it's all down to injuries?

Injuries and the lack of investment, we were without doubt the fifth best team in the division last season, we remain the only club in 2012 to win at Chelsea for one, we're underachieving, but there was a negative feel about the club from the off with no significant purchases, when we needed a centre half badly, a striker, a right back and there was nothing. We'll come 12th as I said we would, and if the penny drops, back to where we should be now, next season.

Yes. No disrespect to Everton but we expect to beat them at home. Our league record against Everton at home over the last 25 years is P20 W13 D5 L2. I'll be gutted if we can't odd to that record. They've played some good stuff, some might say overachieved based on their stock in football and money spent. It won't be an easy game, but it'll be very much an attacking approach against Everton, more so than say against Man City at the moment.

Everton have a very poor record here down the years, although they managed to get a result the other season, I think Everton always seem to be overawed at the bigger grounds in front of bigger crowds, so maybe Everton's main threat is their own approach. I think if we play well we win though put simply.

Demba is a very good player, he's not in Shearer's class, but he's been a great buy for Newcastle. 29 goals in 50 games, we can't grumble. We won't pay top dollar wages anymore, the same as Tottenham don't, so his agents will get him what he wants. I don't think he's greedy, we've probably offered 60k, he's been on 45k, (Everton offered him 50 but he came here for less) his agents will see clubs offering him 90k+ who wouldn't go? That's not greed especially when it's clubs like Chelsea. Irrespective of the reason Chelsea are bigger than the likes of Everton, Tottenham and Newcastle, the fact is in modern football they are, and they will be bigger than us till we get owners who will help us compete better than our present one is doing. As to whether he'll play, that's the 2 million dollar question. Or 7.5 million in his case.

Anita has been great the last 5 or 6 games, and HBA kept us going at the start although he's injured now.

I don't like him as a bloke, he comes across as a wank sometimes. "When I first came to Noocarsuw I remember seein a guy in a garage wiv fuww kit on and cap, I fort haa many place av that levuw of passion." Fucking lying cunt. I've lived in Newcastle my whole life and never seen that once, yet he does on his first visit. He is however the current PFA manager of the season, and I'm pleased he is our manager as well, he'll get things right without a doubt.

Mike Ashley is the biggest cunt in world football. If we won the league and champions league in 2 years time I'd still hate him.

12th as I said we would before a ball was kicked.

Moving on to Everton...

Massively overachieved, just shows what togetherness, one or two decent players and momentum can do though. Look at Distin what other top 10 club would've kept him on at 35? Some of the other players Moyes brings in you just think it's desperation, then all of a sudden they look like good players. Amazing season for the club so far.

Massively overachieving when you look at the clubs you're competing with, in terms of wage structure, attendance, support, and finance, Moyes is one of the best managers in Europe. I think in terms of squad though and what he's done, I think 7th or 8th is about right, but I wonder how long he can keep pulling rabbits out of a hat. If you look at Sunderland in terms of stature they're similar to Everton, support wise similar maybe even better, but they spend more money and still are definitely behind Everton in terms of the product on the pitch.

Steven Pienaar, great player, you should be proud to have him, he gets in to positions so well, often unmarked, great little player, I'd love to have had him here from Tottenham, but we don't go for that type of player because he's "too old" apparently.

One of the best most overachieving managers in world football. I think the job he's done at Everton is better than Howard Kendall did, in an era where small clubs like Watford, Southampton and Ipswich were coming second and competing for titles.

I think Everton will come 7th again which would be another great season for the blues, maybe even 6th you never know.

We're due a big win at home, I don't know if it will be, but if we play like we did in the last two games for 160 minutes, I think we can win, 3-1, maybe 3-2 with our shite defence at the moment. Williamson coming back is no bonus. It also depends on Demba's situation, but you never know Debuchy may make his debut, and he really is one of the best right backs in Europe, we've done well to get him.

Edited by McFaul

Just hoping I could ask some questions on Newcastle, Everton and the upcoming game for http://www.theeverto...forum/forum.php

Not just injuries although with our squad depth it would only take a minor injury crisis to upset the applecart. Some very poor management is the main reason we're shite.

No choice but to go for it. They (the back 4) are one step above clown school.

BA and / or Cisse

He'll play as its not possible for him to sign elswhere up to then.

Anita was just coming good and .......injured.

Showing his limitations with ever game that goes by.

Last season was immense considering . . .but the lack of investment through the summer was the kick on the cock-end Ashley loves to deliver far too regularly

4th bottom unless serious business is done in january

Moving on to Everton...

Very well

About right.

The hairy elbow user.

Wonderful job.

6th

2-2

And visiting your antiquated stadium is like living Life On Mars.

It's not all down to injuries, it's partly down to a small squad, the extra europa games & a poor transfer window. Pardew started the season in the same manner as last season, long ball 4-4-2, work hard, grind out the result. Last season it worked - this season the luck has gone the other way.

The defence has been so poor we haven't had a choice. No matter what the defence was like anyway - we would have struggled to stop Man United so you may as well go for it. Against Everton we wont be so gung-ho but we are the home team & we'll attack.

Demba Ba, Marveaux & whisper it - Obertan. (Cisse is wasted out wide)

Ba is a quality goal scorer - his 13 goals - in a team that hasn't been brilliant creatively is a testament to that. He's one of the best I've seen up front for Newcastle - not the best header of the ball mind but nobody think about that when he gets 29 goals in 50 games.

It's generally hard to praise individuals as it's a team game & a poor performing team over shadows that. However I've been very impressed with Bigirimana, Perch is a rock when he plays & Obertan has made a good contribution recently.

I like him as much as any other manager kicking about at the moment. He's quite egotisitcal & tows the party line a bit too much at times but he has a good rapor with his players & doesn't seem THAT bad a person.

Last season our shrewd transfer policy - complemented by some luck - was a huge success - this season the same idea has landed us in bother. We need to find a happy medium.

My original prediction - iirc - was 8th - however after our terrible start I'll revise that - to 10th providing we have a good January window.

Moving on to Everton...

You made a great start which is rare for Everton - but you constantly get away with kicking teams off the park & breaking up play with niggly little fouls. It really annoys me though you do have some decent players Moyes seems to get the best out of them. You seem to be a media darling so you get away with the negative aspects of your game - so matter how the result comes - kicking Man United to shite - it's all rosey.

Felliani must get away with 10 fouls a game & his ban for his attacks on Shawcross - 3 seperate red card offences - was pathetic - especially given that our players - Tiote & Colo have received bans for less - Nasri will pick up the same suspension too for much less.

Everton have a reputation for not spending - but it's a false one - you do seem to shift some cash. Given your support & old knackered stadium/poor infrastructure it's a miracle you aren't battling relegation every year. So I'd put you in a constant state of over achievement - perhaps unfairly.

On the pitch you have some decent players, again i'll mention the amount you get away with, but there's players at Everton whom I really don't rate but they get the results.

Pienarr, Felliani (Kicking fuck out of us), Baines.

He's had money to spend - much more than Pardew anyway - so he doesn't get that sympathy card from me. He's done well at times & I think stability is a big part of that. He's had a good tenure & the board did well to stick with him when it looked like you were in bother - a few of our fans could take a leaf out of that book. ''Pardew out''. Clowns.

7th.

2-2 again.

1. Not all down to injuries, no. Pardew must take some of the blame, players attitude is at fault as well (quite a few look disinterested for whatever reason). However, as lucky as we were last season, we've been unlucky this time round. Last year we were able to field the same team in an abnormal number of games which lead to a cohesive defense, understanding in the middle and confidence up front. Cisse was scoring with whatever he swung his boot at towards the end of the season and Krul and Coloccini were imperious. None of those have been true so far. I think Ashley fucked up in refusing to significantly strengthen in the Summer. We should have signed Debuchy, Anita, Bigi, a centre back and maybe a striker in the off season. We didn't and we've paid for it.

2. Depends who is available really. Anita is due back, and Ba may have left. I'd expect us to still be weak at the back, so that'll see us put emphasis on attack. I don't think we'll see another 5+ game, but you never know.

3. Again it depends on who starts, and how we're set up. Ba's been our main goal threat, his absence may leave us toothless, or it may mean Cisse find his shooting boots. Either way it'll be up to the support cast to provide the ammo. Obertan, Marveaux, Bigi, Anita (if he plays) all have the potential to cause problems, but equally they could be impotent.

4 Ba is the best all-round striker we've had at the club since Shearer. Enough pace and power to trouble the majority of centre backs, can score with either foot and is decent in the air. Short answer is that he's quality and will be a massive loss if he joins Chelsea. He's 50/50 to play, simply because he's 50/50 to leave. The representatives he's got circling him are scum and are more concerned with their 5% than his own needs. Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Everton, Liverpool are definitely not going to match the rumoured demands, which leaves a club abroad (PSG Anzhi?). However, if he stays, he plays.

5. Every club has their scapegoats, especially when things aren't going as well as hoped, but to be fair, this term a lot of our lot have been shit. So that leaves the people who've impressed. For me, it's Bigirimana. Bought for £1m from Coventry without much fanfare, really impressed me in pres-season and has looked a real player in his few 1st team appearances. I wouldn't say he was the unsung hero you're asking for, but he's the only one I'd say would deserve more praise.

6. Last season he walked on water, this season a lot of the more... melodramatic "fans" are now calling for his head. He harasses officials, he loves a goal celebration (especially against the mackems), he's a cocky shit and I totally understand why other fans dislike him. Put it this way, Liverpool fans love Rodgers, because he's immediately bought into the whole madness that infects that club (suggesting they could finish top 4?!), but most fans thinks he's a thundercunt of a bloke.

7. Again the melodramatic fans flit between love and hate more often than a 15yr old girl. Most sensible fans see that he's done irreparable damage to the relationship with the fans, no amount of shrewd bargain signings will change that. Failure to strengthen brought us closer to our relegation, ridiculous appointments confirmed it. Despite what the media would have you believe, nobody was clamouring for Keegan or Shearer. Sure we were swept up in it when they were announced, but who doesn't want legends to lead your club to glory? Plastering his chav brand all over one of the cathedrals of English football was bad enough, but the embarrassing renaming debacle was the final straw for me. He'd have to over see an unprecedented period of success, the likes of which NUFC hasn't seen in half a century, for me to soften my contempt of the cunt.

8. If you'd asked me at the beginning of the season, I'd have said 7-10th. Now? 10-12th. I think if we can get the big players back (Colo, Cabaye, HBA) and playing well, we should be able to string a few wins together. After you we've 3 winnable games, hopefully with a new Right back, a new centre half and a new (or newly settled) striker in our 1st team.

Moving on to Everton...

9. I think the goals have come easier for you this term, Fellaini's performances have really surprised me as , if I'm honest, I didn't rate him that highly. Baines and Piennar have been the best wide partnership in the league. You still need a couple extra players to replace the decent but ultimately limited players like Neville and Osman. I think Gibson will be a good player, but you need another Arteta to pull the strings (in my opinion) also Jelavic isn't scoring consistently yet which is a worry.

10. I think you'll be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. I can't see a team breaking into the top spots in the same way we did last year. West Brom will fall away as their thin squad suffers. A signing or 2 in the window could see you cement 6th and definitely be scrapping with Arsenal and Spurs for the 4th 5th and 6th spots.

11. Your left flank is obviously a huge concern. Simpson likes to back off and we've not got our 1st choice centre back partnership. Tiote is a shadow of the player he was last year, so the cover he would have provided last year isn't there either.

12. You should canonise that man. To do what he's done on a limited budget is remarkable. He rarely makes missteps in the unblinking media spotlight, seems affable and has moulded and remoulded the team to meet the disparate challenges of the Premier League, and yet every team he fields seems to bear his mark. Whoever turns out, you know it's a David Moyes team.

13. As I said earlier 4-6th, depending on your transfer window (and to be fair how the teams around you behave in the same window). If Spurs sign a defender or two, and Arsenal do likewise, that might push them ahead of you.

14. Shit son, it could be anything... If Ba stays and plays he could score a brace and we benefit from an off day for your strikers? If Fellaini starts and fancies it, he could dominate our misfiring centre. Ba might leave and that spurs Cisse into the form that terrified everybody (even us)... Saying all of that? 1-1 and a shit game :gettin:

Just hoping I could ask some questions on Newcastle, Everton and the upcoming game for http://www.theeverto...forum/forum.php

Injuries haven't helped, but if we had invested in the depth of the squad they wouldnt have hit us so badly.

Given the state of our back four at the moment its probably the only approach we have.

Ba IF he can keep his mind on the game and not his possible move.

I rate him highly, cracking forward and has been a bigger player for us than I expected (and likely the club and he expected). Much said about his agents touting him around for a move and until he does move, he has a contract here, so I see no reason he wont play.

Not really. HBA has been on excellent form but most acknowledge that. Injured for this game though.

Didnt like him when he came, but his stock went up as you might expect following our relative success last season. He's taken a lot of stick this season as when things have been tough he could have handled better. Also while he handles the media "ok" I know I am sick of his bullshit as a mouthpiece for the owner and patronising fans fairly regular, especially after transfer windows. Wait for his "we've done well to hold on to our top players" line. This said, I cant blame him for injuries and a thin squad.

I think fans understand we cant be wasting >£20M on players like Owen, but we've gone too far the other way. We done very well finding the players we have, but its not enough. A lot said about our thin squad.

Mid table.

Moving on to Everton...

I expected you to have a good season and felt you had the side to maintain what you done last season where we pipped you. So where you are is about as I expect.

About right.

Pienaar.

Miserable fucker isnt he?

6th

2-2

He's had money to spend - much more than Pardew anyway - so he doesn't get that sympathy card from me.

I don't think there's much difference between their net spends since Pardew took over. And Moyes' net spend hasn't been very much at all since he joined.

Yeah suppose - I think I was reacting more to the sympathy cards afforded to Moyes by the media in almost every regard. You'd think he was running the club on a piss stained ration book.

He got praise for the way he handle the Felliani ban - he should have been banned for at least twice the amount of games he was.

Net Spend of ever present Premier League clubs since 2003

Chelsea £526.5m

Manchester City £441.7m

Liverpool £173.8m

Tottenham £173.7m

Manchester United £155.4m

Aston Villa £103.7m

Arsenal £32.7m

Fulham £27.3m

Everton £13.9m

Incredible by Moyes to spend so little money at a club like Everton yet consistently get them in the top 10. Irrespective of Everton's 4 more trophies than Newcastle over history, the fact is every season we've been in the Premier League we've generated more money, sometimes double, because the size of the club in those terms, support, infrastructure etc.. we are bigger than Everton, it's undeniable as it's a fact. During Moyes' time at Everton yes we finished 3rd once, played in the CL in March, finished 5th another time, but in terms of the league against the odds, Everton have definitely outperformed Newcastle. An incredible achievement given the stock he has at Everton, arguably the best manager of the last ten years. Mourinho wouldn't have got Everton 5th, 6th, 7th with such inadequate resources.

Most questions answered already but whenever a rival fan posts questions I find it interesting they always come up with a 'Mike Ashley, Forgiven now?' type question. I can't think of one NUFC chairman/owner who was popular going back to Stan Seymour Junior when I started following us, (I'm 39). John Hall probably came closest to being liked but there were always suspicions of him from the traditional support after one or two soundbites were less than true and he was a Tory gobshite with a known fondness for Thatcher which also didn't sit well, but he was ambitious and that's we cried out for so it got swept under the carpet to a large degree. This bloke now, Ashley. It would take a complete turnaround and sustained success for me to lighten up a bit about him but I can't forgive nor forget the insults and lack of respect for our club. The Stadium alone should've seen him strung up, he cheapens our club and de-values it. He shits on the traditions of our club such as big away followings by constantly asking for minimum allocations and charging fans a 'membership fee' to even have a chance of a ticket. I can't stand the cunt it's that simple. I don't expect any rival supporter to be up to speed on all his slurs/actions/attitudes so don't expect any sympathy nor need any. A season where we had a decent finish wont even put a dent in my distrust of the fat bastard with not a bit of black & white in his blood.

It's such a shame that football is now financially doped to the eyeballs where Everton having a good season is such a surprise, by the way.

It's such a shame that football is now financially doped to the eyeballs where Everton having a good season is such a surprise, by the way.

It's not really a surprise though, they've consistently finished between 5th and 8th over the last five seasons. It's what is expected off them these days.

It's not really a surprise though, they've consistently finished between 5th and 8th over the last five seasons. It's what is expected off them these days.

With an extra £30m in transfers they could be challenging for 3rd though. I reckon they need a top class centre back, an Arteta or Cabaye style midfielder and a prolific striker. More importantly, perhaps, they need depth. If Baines, Fellaini or Jagielka are injured/missing, the step down is notable.

Injuries and suspensions to key players. Against man-u and Arsenal we had one first choice midfielder (Tiote). Also the distraction of Europe takes a lot of time away from the training ground.

We are at home so I expect the first 20 minutes to be high tempo. I doubt we can sustain it all game, so expect it to be similar to the Arsenal game where we run on empty after 70 minutes.

I think Cisse has turned a corner and showed decent movement in the Arsenal and Man-u game. This will be his first home game since (imho) he's regained that 18 yard box movement.

Ba will definitely play. His exit clause is not something we want activating, so there would be no reason for us not to play him. As far as rating him, he has a knack for goal and that is pretty rare, but he simply doesnt play well with Cisse, so hopefully we can add a forward in january and they can one fight it out to partner him.

Santon has been really good going forward.

He's a very good manager that comes off well in interviews. Bit of a one trick pony tactics wise, which reverts to long ball far too often. Apathy has set in for most fans. Some wont accept anyone who get on with Ashley (note their disdain toward Beardsley)

Most of last seasons goodwill was lost over the poor transfer window. In particular the haggling over the Debuchy deal.

10-14

Moving on to Everton...

You normally start really slow, so this season has been excellent for you.

I thought you should have got something out of the Chelsea game, so 6th is probably about right.

Baines and Pienaar will have a field day if they link up on the left again Simpsons understudy.

It's pretty hard not to acknowledge the excellent job Moyes has done. When Cahill and Artetta left I thought you were doomed, but some how he's kept you in your comfortable top half position. He's only dropped the one clanger in the transfer window (Bilyaletdinov, oh and narrowly missing out on buying Jo, before man city signed him)

6th or above, depending on injuries

It really depends which Everton turns up. If you sit back and try and contain us (i.e. dont let baines bomb forward) I think we'll win. If you have a go (especially down our right wing) I can see this being another high scoring game.

With an extra £30m in transfers they could be challenging for 3rd though. I reckon they need a top class centre back, an Arteta or Cabaye style midfielder and a prolific striker. More importantly, perhaps, they need depth. If Baines, Fellaini or Jagielka are injured/missing, the step down is notable.

Pienaar is more important to them than those listed, as evident when he spent his 6 months at Spuds they had their biggest dip in form of the last few years.

Pienaar is more important to them than those listed, as evident when he spent his 6 months at Spuds they had their biggest dip in form of the last few years.

Perhaps, but my point was that if he doesn't play they struggle on regardless, when the three I mention are out the distance between their ability and the ability of their replacements is marked.

Perhaps, but my point was that if he doesn't play they struggle on regardless, when the three I mention are out the distance between their ability and the ability of their replacements is marked.

You say po-tarto, I say potato.

Not as it's not something we are not familiar with or any club with a small squad for that matter.

You say po-tarto, I say potato.

Not as it's not something we are not familiar with or any club with a small squad for that matter.

or Not...

;)

Fucking hell Davide, do you not have some work to do today???

I'm at work, there's fuck all to do. Nothing went awry last night because we were suitably prepared.

Still had to be in at 6 mind.

Incredible by Moyes to spend so little money at a club like Everton yet consistently get them in the top 10. Irrespective of Everton's 4 more trophies than Newcastle over history, the fact is every season we've been in the Premier League we've generated more money, sometimes double, because the size of the club in those terms, support, infrastructure etc.. we are bigger than Everton, it's undeniable as it's a fact. During Moyes' time at Everton yes we finished 3rd once, played in the CL in March, finished 5th another time, but in terms of the league against the odds, Everton have definitely outperformed Newcastle. An incredible achievement given the stock he has at Everton, arguably the best manager of the last ten years. Mourinho wouldn't have got Everton 5th, 6th, 7th with such inadequate resources.

Half a billion spent on new players by Chelsea?! What a shallow, horrible, little club. The only reason I like Man City more is because Chelsea did it first. I really respect clubs likek Everton in comparison.