Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The government riding roughshod over Parliamentary democracy = taking back control

:CT:

Mind, many of the people who voted to give back control to UK politicians took their own pens to the ballot box because the were convinced the same political establishment would alter their ballot papers. So, you know, that's the kind of mentality you're dealing with.

And....

But the real show stopper is that, under European law, unless an agreement is reached, there will only be 103 international haulage Permits to cover the 300,000 journeys made by British trucks to Europe each year.  The logistics industry is being asked to decide who would get a Permit to Drive if there are not enough to go around – in effect, being asked to destroy the businesses of its international haulage members.

Freight trade association says not BAMFU.

But what the fuck do they know about logistics? 

https://fta.co.uk/media/press-releases/2018/june/brexit-britain-on-the-road-to-nowhere-says-fta

Fucking hell. You are either in the SM (EEA) or you are out. If you are in, you accept all 4 freedoms including FoM (although there is scope to mitigate this) and fucking pay for it. It's not fucking rocket science.

Corbyn is outstandingly thick. 

10 hours ago, Renton said:

And....

Freight trade association says not BAMFU.

But what the fuck do they know about logistics? 

https://fta.co.uk/media/press-releases/2018/june/brexit-britain-on-the-road-to-nowhere-says-fta

That is staggering :lol:

This cannot happen, clearly. No one will let this happen. It would be an unmitigated disaster.

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Fucking hell. You are either in the SM (EEA) or you are out. If you are in, you accept all 4 freedoms including FoM (although there is scope to mitigate this) and fucking pay for it. It's not fucking rocket science.

Corbyn is outstandingly thick. 

It's hard to imagine that the Labour team hasn't sat down and actually realised this as a collective though. It must just be something they're saying because they think it puts pressure on the government.

It's still a fucking pathetic strategy though.

Corbyn knows that the Tory rebels rightly won't back his SM fudge plan. And this gives him excuse to whip the party into abstaining from the meaningful EEA amendment, so that is also doomed. So he gets his hard Brexit. Despite research which shows EEA is by far most people's favoured scenario.

I honestly hate Corbyn as much as any of the rest of the fuckers. Destroying our country for party and ideology. Plague on all their houses.

Edited by Renton

Labour have pretty much already said that any deal the Tories agree cannot meet their six tests for acceptability which will mean that they vote against the final deal.

What happens then? By then it's too late to go back and re-negotiate an entirely new deal with the EU. It's a fucking pointless vote.

30 minutes ago, Renton said:

Corbyn knows that the Tory rebels rightly won't back his SM fudge plan. And this gives him excuse to whip the party into abstaining from the meaningful EEA amendment, so that is also doomed. So he gets his hard Brexit. Despite research which shows EEA is by far most people's favoured scenario.

I honestly hate Corbyn as much as any of the rest of the fuckers. Destroying our country for party and ideology. Plague on all their houses.

I think this has really shown him up for what he is. A bit of coward, a bit thick and lacking in vision.

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think this has really shown him up for what he is. A bit of coward, a bit thick and lacking in vision.

If what Renton has said is true then he isn't a coward or lacking in vision. He's just got a different vision to us and appears to be determined to see it through.

The vision itself is monumentally stupid though, so I agree on the 'thick' part.

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If what Renton has said is true then he isn't a coward or lacking in vision. He's just got a different vision to us and appears to be determined to see it through.

The vision itself is monumentally stupid though, so I agree on the 'thick' part.

Well he hasn't had the courage to come out and say he wants and hard Brexit and why.

Also, applying your metric, no one lacks vision (which is literally true I suppose)

8 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Ray Charles?

Stevie Wonder reckoned the 'visions' on LSD were mint. Hence 'Innervisions'. I'm paraphrasing like