Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I think the blame for the current difficulties lies squarely with the people who refused to accept the democratic decision of the British people.  

They will only have themselves to blame if their constant talking down, playing politics and obstructive behaviour leaves us in a perpetual frozen orbit around the EU.

How has any of which you speak affected talks with the EU?

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think 

Start off with something believable if you’re going to try and hook a few fishies 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Any chance we can send CT to the world cup wearing this Gay-Pride-Rainbow-Hoodie.png

His latest taxi playlist would do

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think the blame for the current difficulties lies squarely with the people who refused to accept the democratic decision of the British people.  

They will only have themselves to blame if their constant talking down, playing politics and obstructive behaviour leaves us in a perpetual frozen orbit around the EU.

Well, that's another prediction we right about isn't it? It was fucking obvious from the beginning when it went tits up it would be remainers fault. :lol:

Not Cameron. Not May. Not Johnson, Fox, Gove, or Davis. Not JRM or ERG.

No, none of them. The real blame lies on that pesky darky woman Gina Miller, the treacherous judiciary, the Lords, and the 48% who wanted none of this. :icon_lol:

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, that's another prediction we right about isn't it? It was fucking obvious from the beginning when it went tits up it would be remainers fault. :lol:

Not Cameron. Not May. Not Johnson, Fox, Gove, or Davis. Not JRM or ERG.

No, none of them. The real blame lies on that pesky darky woman Gina Miller, the treacherous judiciary, the Lords, and the 48% who wanted none of this. :icon_lol:

The thing that really gets me on this, is that so many of the people who refuse to take responsibility for their vote and its consequences, are the same people who believe in 'pulling yourself up by your shoelaces' or whatever it is, and 'personal responsibility'. Brexit has proven these people to be hypocrites of the highest order.

Why are people so fucking terrified of admitting they were wrong?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The thing that really gets me on this, is that so many of the people who refuse to take responsibility for their vote and its consequences, are the same people who believe in 'pulling yourself up by your shoelaces' or whatever it is, and 'personal responsibility'. Brexit has proven these people to be hypocrites of the highest order.

As Norman Tebbit said, "I grew up in the '30s with an unemployed father. He didn't riot. He got on his bike and blamed everyone else for talking down the employment market."

• Haha 2

Back in my day, if I wanted a job, I had to get a tight crew of seven stout men to lead into the deepest jungles of the Aztec, warding off poison darts, traps and tropical disease in order to lay my hands on a magical lamp that, when rubbed, would see me settled into a zero hour contract with no upward trajectory. And I bloody well liked it that way

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why are people so fucking terrified of admitting they were wrong?

I seem to remember you bemoaning the people who wouldn’t accept the democratic will of the membership and get behind Corbyn and who by their actions were undermining his ambitions. ;)

Had they accepted democracy and supported his efforts he may already be PM.

Had the the same happened following Brexit I’m sure the negotiations / end result would be a lot easier / better.

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I seem to remember you bemoaning the people who wouldn’t accept the democratic will of the membership and get behind Corbyn and who by their actions were undermining his ambitions. ;)

Had they accepted democracy and supported his efforts he may already be PM.

Had the the same happened following Brexit I’m sure the negotiations / end result would be a lot easier / better.

That's not the same scenario CT. They actually could influence Corbyn's chances of becoming PM because there was an upcoming vote at which that question would be decided.

The Brexit scenario would only be the same if we were going to have another vote on it. Brexit is failing not because the government is worrying about what remainers think, or because there is an upcoming vote that they might lose power over due to remainer sabotage - but because it is totally, pragmatically, unworkable.

But to be fair to you, I guess if you can articulate what the remainer camp has done to negatively impact Brexit, maybe you have a case? I mean we didn't create the NI issue, and that seems to be the main problem presently.

Edited by Rayvin

May handed her arse on a plate by the looks of it. Again. 

Going to get a cracking deal, eh CT? If only people had bothered to do the most elementary research on the EU in the first place. We are a fucking joke. 

It's not the fault of the people tbh. It's the politicians. You can't expect the average person on either side of the argument to weigh up the pros and cons and make a considered judgement. That's what the politicians are paid for. I know they're shit at it but they should at least take responsibility for the shit they caused and stop hiding behind the 'will of the people' garbage.

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

It's not the fault of the people tbh. It's the politicians. You can't expect the average person on either side of the argument to weigh up the pros and cons and make a considered judgement. That's what the politicians are paid for. I know they're shit at it but they should at least take responsibility for the shit they caused and stop hiding behind the 'will of the people' garbage.

By people, I mainly meant politicians, which fair enough might not be correct as I suspect many are lizards. ;)

Anyway, I agree, which brings into mind why the referendum was such a bad idea. I'm horrified my vote was cancelled out by CTs! 

Just now, Renton said:

By people, I mainly meant politicians, which fair enough might not be correct as I suspect many are lizards. ;)

Anyway, I agree, which brings into mind why the referendum was such a bad idea. I'm horrified my vote was cancelled out by CTs! 

Ah, right you are. My Dad summed it perfectly about two days after the vote. If leaving the EU is such a bad idea then why did they have a referendum about it?

I mean, you can't argue from the pov of Cameron that it's a dreadful idea and simultaneously say lets have a vote to see if we should stay in or not. If the former is true then risking it on a referendum is ludicrous.

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

exactly. calling a referendum on such a momentous issue makes dave cameron the worst PM of CT's lifetime. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Well we all know why he called it.

Oh, aye. Political gamble in the hope of finishing UKIP as a rival to the Tories and silencing his own Euro rebels. Achieved the former tbf

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he gambled the country's future and fucked over the next generation on a popularity contest. 

See this is where the remainer side goes full drama. The next generation is not fucked over. We have just about seen off Austerity, have record employment and are still going to be able to buy Prosecco and BMW’s and holiday in Europe.

The fact that GDP might be at 1.9 instead of 2.2 is neither here or there to the average person living their life.

The idea that your kids life is going to be fucked compared to yours because of Brexit is absurd.