Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The shafting we are going to get from the Americans will be talked about for fucking generations IMO.

Maybe Trump has done us a favour by declaring a trade war with the EU though, it might make people wake up to the notion that the UK has no chance whatsoever of getting a mutually beneficial trade deal with the US. If we were fucking inside of the EU, we would have a far stronger hand in this - something most of us have been saying since this all became an issue. Collective power is the only hope we have, we simply cannot compete with economies the size of China and the US. And frankly, even I have enough 'patriotic sentiments' to not want to see the once great UK bent over and fucked senseless by the USA.

Correct, CT. There will be no special deal for the UK despite all the lick-spittles who have visited Trump to remind him of the imaginary "special relationship". :)

That sounds a lot like regulatory divergence to me. Also, are businesses in Northern Ireland going to be able to cope with meeting two different kinds of regulation? Feels like they will be demanding subsidies for that. Even if the UK and the EU effectively ascribe to the same regulatory principles, costs will be associated with the businesses involved in some form.

It's nonsense. Which regulations take precedence? If the UK begins to import chlorinated chicken then checks have to be done between GB and NI to ensure that none of it gets into the EU system and the DUP won't stand for that.

I don't get the idea of a buffer zone. Does it mean that no checks will happen within these ten miles.

For context, this is what a ten mile buffer zone would look like. It covers a lot of the country.

Del8K4OWAAA99AS.jpg

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't get the idea of a buffer zone. Does it mean that no checks will happen within these ten miles.

For context, this is what a ten mile buffer zone would look like. It covers a lot of the country.

It only includes three of NI's five cities, should be a doddle to implement. :good:

I think the IRA should get behind this tbh - if Brexit goes through as shambolically as it appears to be, it'll get them a united Ireland within 10-15 years anyway.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

:lol: This 'solution' didn't even last 24 hours.

Would’ve worked if CT had bothered to explain it

39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

David Davis is an absolute charlatan :lol:

Don't worry, he's retiring as soon as we withdraw. Yet another useless Tory cunt shitting on the sofa and getting someone else to clear the mess.