Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Anarcho-capitalism is zero government 

I'm of small/limited government 

It must be pretty fucking small if 'regulation' is a dirty word.

14 minutes ago, adios said:

This one seems far smarter than CT.

He does but the lack anything approaching an argument is familiar 

3 hours ago, SpaceCadet said:

EU members must adhere to the ECHR and the red tape that comes with it. I am much more comfortable having elected officials doing what they're elected to do than having unelected ideological bureaucrats do it for us.

The Council of Europe who created the ECHR is populated by elected officials 

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

£ back to pre Brexit levels

inflation falling

record employment

record unemployment

Boss of Goldman Sacs says he was wrong

etc etc etc

Happy days even before the cracking deal.

We are pre brexit post Brexit is after we leave.

Nhs in crisis due to lack of staff.

No idea what the deal is yet so we still don’t know what’s going to happen.

4 hours ago, SpaceCadet said:

Nothing because as of March 2019 the ECHR should be none of our business. 

We're not leaving the ECHR in March 2019 or any other time soon.

Mixing up the ECJ and ECHR is a pretty embarrassing mistake if you want to discuss Brexit. Sounds like you should put your prejudices aside, do some basic research, and tell us some specific laws you don't like about the ECHR or the ECJ. I've not encountered a Brexiter yet that can articulate one yet. 

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're not leaving the ECHR in March 2019 or any other time soon.

Mixing up the ECJ and ECHR is a pretty embarrassing mistake if you want to discuss Brexit. Sounds like you should put your prejudices aside, do some basic research, and tell us some specific laws you don't like about the ECHR or the ECJ. I've not encountered a Brexiter yet that can articulate one yet. 

Which prejudices do you have I have?

3 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Which prejudices do you have I have?

Well, you seem to be against the ECHR without knowing what it is. That can only arise because of an inherent bias or prejudice I'd imagine. But anyway, can you name a specific aspect of the treaty or court that you disagree with, likewise the ECJ? I just want to understand what your issue is and how Brexit will solve it. 

He’s basically using the same old tired, freedom/Unelected bureaucrats/blue passports argument and trying to dress it up as an educated ideology.

Unfortunately there’s nothing of substance behind his arguments.

• Haha 1

Rules and regulations and the ECJ are not my biggest gripe, my issue is with centralised power. I said this from the beginning. 

I would be happy for the Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish parliament to have more influence within the union on decisions that effect them for the same reason.

Edited by SpaceCadet

3 minutes ago, SpaceCadet said:

Rules and regulations and the ECJ are not my biggest gripe, my issue is with centralised power. I said this from the beginning. 

I would be happy for the Scottish, Welsh and N. Irish parliament to have more influence within the union on decisions that effect them for the same reason.

So, you cant think of a single example of a law or treaty that disbenefits you then?

Would you agree that it is an inarguable fact we live in globalised world, like it or not? And in such a world, we need laws and treaties that span nation states? Well in fact that's all the ECJ is. WTO is another much less democratic example.

Using your logic of localism, why stop at sovereignty at UK level or English level? Perhaps the NE should be independent. Why not Newcastle?  Why not Tynemouth?  What about my street, house, or even me? Sounds silly right? Actually, the world has always advanced by uniting, the EU is the latest example. Being in a mutually beneficial union makes us powerful. You can be proud to be Northumbrian, English,  British, AND European  all at the same time, they're not mutually exclusive concepts.