Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

All those points are rubbish though, including the last one if we stay in. I'm not a fan of a PV though because, yes, I fear the stupidity of the CT gammons who think like you.  

A quick question CT, so you admit this deal is fucking atrocious? If so, what dies that tell you about the relative leverage of the EU and UK, and the feasibility of no deal? 

Of course he's against it, it goes against his reason for leaving in the first place. Then again a Canada style deal would see Nissan closing...

It's almost as if we can't have our cake and eat it.

Edited by ewerk

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Of course he's against it, it goes against his reason for leaving in the first place. Then again a Canada style deal would see Nissan closing...

It's almost as if we can't have our cake and eat it.

Given where we are and without actually knowing the deal / political declaration, this sounds like something that the vast majority of voters would be happy with. Obviously not at each extreme.

Once the PR kicks in and business, unions etc jump on board, we’ll see the polls in favour of it.

28 minutes ago, NJS said:

Maybe "scares" is the wrong word but as I've said, I think those assuming its outcome are taking it too much for granted. 

it's scary for two reasons: 

- it potentially secures a democratic mandate for no deal. 

- the vote is reversed, which while saving the country from economic ruin in the short term, could lead the collapse of traditional political landscape. brexiters will be fucking fuming - they wiill feel they they have been betrayed by the "elite" and a far-right populist type could emerge to take advantage of the situation.

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Given where we are and without actually knowing the deal / political declaration, this sounds like something that the vast majority of voters would be happy with. Obviously not at each extreme.

Once the PR kicks in and business, unions etc jump on board, we’ll see the polls in favour of it.

Renton didn't ask about the vast majority of voters, he asked about you. Are you happy with what we've got?

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

- the vote is reversed, which while saving the country from economic ruin in the short term, could lead the collapse of traditional political landscape. brexiters will be fucking fuming - they wiill feel they they have been betrayed by the "elite" and a far-right populist type could emerge to take advantage of the situation.

That's exactly what I was saying a couple of days ago - I think a lot of the "leavers were stupid" school of pv advocates have still not acknowledged why people voted and suggested action (I don't think leavers were right but I understand some of the underlying attitudes). 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Really? You didn't care about the economy, or the Irish border, or Scotland? If you think no deal is "oh well", you're in for a hell of a shock. 

I'll just leave.

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yup, as I warned last week.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'll just leave.

Well, you've got 4 months left to move to the EU. Even then, don't expect the full benefits of EU citizenship. Have you an Irish grandparent?

Edited by Renton

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yup, as I warned last week.

Did you? :lol:

i confess to not reading every post in this thread religiously 

Edited by Dr Gloom

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Do we think there will be resignations this afternoon?

Maybe you could predict some will happen and you could also predict that there won’t be any. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, you've got 4 months left to move to the EU. Even then, don't expect the full benefits of EU citizenship. Have you an Irish grandparent?

I'm dating a French girl, could just marry her :lol:

I didn't mean the EU necessarily. I might go to the US or Canada. That's if the economy tanks ofc. I appreciate I dont get FOM that way but it's better than being stuck on a rock with no potential.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm dating a French girl, could just marry her :lol:

I didn't mean the EU necessarily. I might go to the US or Canada. That's if the economy tanks ofc. I appreciate I dont get FOM that way but it's better than being stuck on a rock with no potential.

hmmm, trump-land, even more appealing 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

hmmm, trump-land, even more appealing 

He's just temporary though.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

hairy pits innit? 

:lol:

No, and while she brought up the stereotype about french people smelling bad herself as well, she doesn't as far as I can tell. Having said that I have a sinus condition which diminishes my sense of smell, so maybe it's doing me a favour!