Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Renton said:

BAMFU!

I heard he was in tears last night, the little snowflake.

I'm expecting a leadership challenge today. 

I get that that her own party want to punish her immediately but what useful purpose would that serve now?  They’re fuckin pathetic every single last one of them. 

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Like Davis and Johnson he'll be doing the rounds telling everyone how he would have done it. Completely ignoring the fact that he couldn't when he was in a position of power to do so.

Man trusted with negotiating deal quits over terms of negotiated deal :lol: 

:lol: Imagine getting a call of TM this morning to be the new Brexit Secretary.

As things stand in this mad mad world I think she’s 100% gone today. I’d be very surprised if as planned, she still goes to the commons today to sell it.

What happens next?

FUCK KNOWS

On 6/21/2018 at 07:44, Christmas Tree said:

Cracking deal, here we come :)

On 6/21/2018 at 08:08, Christmas Tree said:

Disagree, it increases the chances of a cracking deal.

On 3/8/2018 at 11:04, Christmas Tree said:

Cracking deal assured.

F3D11FAB-0148-407E-8990-7802923D3707.jpeg

50F7C6A5-1579-44AD-A10F-474ACBD0E7E3.jpeg

On 4/18/2018 at 19:28, Christmas Tree said:

Happy days even before the cracking deal.

On 12/8/2017 at 06:18, Christmas Tree said:

Interesting to note as well how much Junker / Tusk etc have bent over backwards to try and get this deal done this week. I think this shows how keen they are to get onto Phase 2 and get a deal done.

All bodes well for a cracking deal.

In 2015 Cameron went to the EU asking for reform, if he’d come back with an end to FoM but still largely being in the CU & SM would his party have largely been in favour of that? I’ve read somewhere that a seat at the table isn’t all it’s cracked up to be( (the point is it’s undemocratic so what’s changed?) and with UK MEPs quote often being completely anti EU am finding it difficult to get worked up one way or the other over this. We are indeed leaving and and ending FoM but keeping sone advantages of still being in. Whether it gets through Parliament is another issue... I can see the moderates of both main parties thinking this is as good as it’s going to get and wanting to vote accordingly...whether constituency issues will allow them is another matter.  If it gets through it’s unlikely to be a GE. That’s a bloody nose many Blairites would like to inflict on Corbyn before they’re de selected I imagine. 

The overriiding thing for ne is only the most extreme swivel eyed loons took any notice whatsoever of the EU pre mid 2000s. Ordinary people who basically won the referendum for leave have been completely readicalised over this for no good reason. They’ve got their major concession and the economy is unlkely to crash and burn. 

I honestly can’t see a way out of this Mexican stand off. People vote or general election no guaranteed to resolve it based on current party’s policies.

No deal is the only legal way forward as things stand.

Possibly a government of unity that agreed Brexit is cancelled followed by a GE based on domestic policies?

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I honestly can’t see a way out of this Mexican stand off. People vote or general election no guaranteed to resolve it based on current party’s policies.

No deal is the only legal way forward as things stand.

Possibly a government of unity that agreed Brexit is cancelled followed by a GE based on domestic policies?

So you're a remainer now?

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The overriiding thing for ne is only the most extreme swivel eyed loons took any notice whatsoever of the EU pre mid 2000s. Ordinary people who basically won the referendum for leave have been completely readicalised over this for no good reason.

Aye. Depressing really.

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

In 2015 Cameron went to the EU asking for reform, if he’d come back with an end to FoM but still largely being in the CU & SM would his party have largely been in favour of that? I’ve read somewhere that a seat at the table isn’t all it’s cracked up to be( (the point is it’s undemocratic so what’s changed?) and with UK MEPs quote often being completely anti EU am finding it difficult to get worked up one way or the other over this. We are indeed leaving and and ending FoM but keeping sone advantages of still being in. Whether it gets through Parliament is another issue... I can see the moderates of both main parties thinking this is as good as it’s going to get and wanting to vote accordingly...whether constituency issues will allow them is another matter.  If it gets through it’s unlikely to be a GE. That’s a bloody nose many Blairites would like to inflict on Corbyn before they’re de selected I imagine. 

The overriiding thing for ne is only the most extreme swivel eyed loons took any notice whatsoever of the EU pre mid 2000s. Ordinary people who basically won the referendum for leave have been completely readicalised over this for no good reason. They’ve got their major concession and the economy is unlkely to crash and burn. 

Problem is the deal she's made actually removes our sovereignty in a real way, we will be unable to leave the backstop without the EU's says so. That even bothers me a bit. Cameron did win some important concessions and we have have always had the ability to control FoM more than we do, but have chosen not to. This is a ludicrously heavy price to pay to stop FoM, especially since most immigration is non-EU.

Agree w8th your bit in bold 1000%.

McVey gone.

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

In 2015 Cameron went to the EU asking for reform, if he’d come back with an end to FoM but still largely being in the CU & SM would his party have largely been in favour of that? I’ve read somewhere that a seat at the table isn’t all it’s cracked up to be( (the point is it’s undemocratic so what’s changed?) and with UK MEPs quote often being completely anti EU am finding it difficult to get worked up one way or the other over this.

Ending FoM was a non-starter while in the EU, any major reforms to it were impossible. Not just that but they were completely unneccesary. 

The UK had much more influence in the EU than was portrayed. In Parliament we had just under 10% of the seats despite being just one of 28 states. We had our veto which kept a lid on any major changes we didn't like. We had an opt out of further political integration. 

We were one of the leading players, after March we're just another third party.