Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

People and parliament were ignorant to these impact studies. The Leave campaign stated 350 million more for the NHS, easiest deal in history etc. All lies. Plus anti-immigrant propaganda the Nazi's would be proud of. 

Now that the facts are a lot clearer, what possible objection could a person who believes in representative democracy have against parliament having a free vote? I'd suggest only a fascist would object.

What gets me about you, and I'm sure it is intentional on your side, is the blase way you treat matters that are of vital importance to our region. Yeah, who cares if we are all going to be thousands of pounds worse off, services are going to get even worse, and we are forced to eat chlorinated chicken and mutant vegetables? Sorry, but I do. 

I think that’s because your the biggest adult drama queen I’ve ever encountered. Real life Chicken Licken.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

What's the negotiation about around the legal text? It's largely what was agreed in December. I can't see the EU wanting to re-open phase 1 negotiations.

It was fudged.

There were 3 options.

1. Mays custom agreement plan

2. Technology 

3. Full alignment etc or border down the Irish Sea.

No way UK will agree legally to 3.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

It was fudged.

There were 3 options.

1. Mays custom agreement plan

2. Technology 

3. Full alignment etc or border down the Irish Sea.

No way UK will agree legally to 3.

You never did give us your plans for how to avoid the Irish trilemma. Don't worry though, nobody else has a feasible plan either. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Well, the Brexit impact paper (the one that didn't exist) has been published, as we know showing a devastating reduction in NE GDP should the only option open to us be taken (CETA style). NI is next worst affected. I'll be interested in CT's critique of why the government's own forecasts are wrong. 

There was literally one redaction. Surely leavers should now realise that they've been lied to all along by the leavers in power.

May got asked what would be her perfect night out if she wanted to "let her hair down" she on ITV earlier. This was her response. 

"Well, I don’t think that when you let your hair down there’s only one way of doing it. I think it depends on the group that you’ve got, it depends on the time. But as I say, my International Women’s Day is rather more focused not on what we can do to enjoy ourselves but actually on what we can do to help women out there, women who are suffering, women who are being abused and whose lives are being made a daily living hell."

:lol: :lol:

Honestly she's a fucking mutant. Just be a fucking human you utterly unrelatable mong. Tell them you just like to close the coffin lid and read the Twilight books. That would have been more normal than what she said. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I told you at the time it was a fudge.

If EU don’t agree to 1 or 2 it’s No Dealio, No divorce money, No herring.

and that would just end brilliantly for us, wouldn't it - a cliff edge scenario? we don't have much of a hand to play. this is fact. hard brexit hurts us more than it hurts them. it ain't going to happen. we're on a one-way path to soft brexit. the real elite power in the country has too much at stake - many are tory party donors btw - and they're not going to let a few eurosceptic dickhead tory MPs and the referendum votes of the great unwashed fuck up their shit. capeesh? 

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

1 and 2 aren't realistic options. There isn't an exemplar border in the world like them, not even close. Both break the GFA. 

So, a question for you. Would you prefer to say "fuck it", keep the status quo, at this stage, or would you rather go over the cliff?

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

May got asked what would be her perfect night out if she wanted to "let her hair down" she on ITV earlier. This was her response. 

"Well, I don’t think that when you let your hair down there’s only one way of doing it. I think it depends on the group that you’ve got, it depends on the time. But as I say, my International Women’s Day is rather more focused not on what we can do to enjoy ourselves but actually on what we can do to help women out there, women who are suffering, women who are being abused and whose lives are being made a daily living hell."

:lol: :lol:

So I presume she'll be volunteering at her local abuse shelter - oh shit she can't cos she closed the cunt down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: There’s a difference between a ‘fudge’ and reneging on a clearly worded agreement. This is the latter.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

and that would just end brilliantly for us, wouldn't it - a cliff edge scenario? we don't have much of a hand to play. this is fact. hard brexit hurts us more than it hurts them. it ain't going to happen. we're on a one-way path to soft brexit. the real elite power in the country has too much at stake - many are tory party donors btw - and they're not going to let a few eurosceptic dickhead tory MPs and the referendum votes of the great unwashed fuck up their shit. capeesh? 

I dont totally disagree with you, I’m just not sure what the mechanics are of getting to a very soft Brexit. If we walk away, there’s no deal to vote on and the hard brexiteers MP’s win.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

1 and 2 aren't realistic options. There isn't an exemplar border in the world like them, not even close. Both break the GFA. 

So, a question for you. Would you prefer to say "fuck it", keep the status quo, at this stage, or would you rather go over the cliff?

Neither thanks

Neither thanks

Yeah, it's a hypothetical binary choice, which may become not so hypothecatical quite soon. 

Not like you to dodge a straight question though. <_<

BTW CT, the economic model shows Brexit under an FTA (the only thing the EU will offer) will lead to a 5% loss of GDP (that's a mean UK figure, more than twice that for the NE). The estimated uplift from free trade with the rest of the world is a pathetic 0.3% in comparison, and the net loss will dwarf EU contributions. Remember, these are government figures. Didn't you want to leave for the benefit of global trade? 

I dont totally disagree with you, I’m just not sure what the mechanics are of getting to a very soft Brexit. If we walk away, there’s no deal to vote on and the hard brexiteers MP’s win.

It’s easy. Tory rebels team up with Labour, SNP and Lib Dems to make it clear that they’ll veto any hard Brexit.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

BTW CT, the economic model shows Brexit under an FTA (the only thing the EU will offer) will lead to a 5% loss of GDP (that's a mean UK figure, more than twice that for the NE). The estimated uplift from free trade with the rest of the world is a pathetic 0.3% in comparison, and the net loss will dwarf EU contributions. Remember, these are government figures. Didn't you want to leave for the benefit of global trade? 

Again, your defeatist attitude shows through. It’s a negotiation but as usual you are accepting that the EU’s starting position is the end game. Pointless discussion.

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Again, your defeatist attitude shows through. It’s a negotiation but as usual you are accepting that the EU’s starting position is the end game. Pointless discussion.

Eh? I'm quoting figures from the government report. This shows that the monetary benefits of Brexit are outweighed by the disbenefits more than ten fold. More than twenty fold in the case of NE. It's difficult  to imagine the analysis is so wrong the direction could go the other way whatever deal is reached. Still, what do experts know. And you're right, with you it is a pointless discussion. 

9 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How can they veto if there’s no vote?

They can force a vote. But it doesn't look it will get that far because THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO THE NI BORDER. Face it, the Tories have fucked this up completely. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-talks-irish-border-tusk-varadkar-northern-ireland-uk-solution-dup-a8246216.html

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How can they veto if there’s no vote?

Why do you think the Trade Bill hasn’t made its way back of the floor of the House?