Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Oh really :lol:

C’mon then, off the fence.

Barnier and May have stated clearly that the Irish legal text will be in the withdrawal agreement that will not be signed til October at the earliest. Renton and Ewerk think I’m wrong.

Do you think I’m wrong?

Ive got plenty of humble pie to round ;)

Maybe ask a friend before committing.

You’re wrong about pretty much everything but, unlike Renton and Ewerk, I no longer have the time or inclination to try to persuade you otherwise. So I will stick to throwing the odd sarcastic comment your way from the sidelines instead, lard ass.

• Haha 1

Well, after being one of the prime agitators dropping us in this shit, David Davis is planning to retire next year anyway. I imagine he's winding down dreaming of his retirement home in Provence. 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Even if this was serious it would still be an example of us needing the EU more than we need them :lol:

Think of how much herring we'll have going spare once we're out though! Marvellous

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Think of how much herring we'll have going spare once we're out though! Marvellous

Kippers. Mmmm...

Well, the Brexit impact paper (the one that didn't exist) has been published, as we know showing a devastating reduction in NE GDP should the only option open to us be taken (CETA style). NI is next worst affected. I'll be interested in CT's critique of why the government's own forecasts are wrong. 

They talk about traitors, those Tories. What could be more treacherous than knowingly destroying your country's economy, hitting the poorest areas hardest, all for some perverse ideology? What could be less democratic than stopping parliament having a meaningful say on this? 

Polish the guillotine and retwine the rope. Heads need to roll for this. 

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well, the Brexit impact paper (the one that didn't exist) has been published, as we know showing a devastating reduction in NE GDP should the only option open to us be taken (CETA style). NI is next worst affected. I'll be interested in CT's critique of why the government's own forecasts are wrong. 

They talk about traitors, those Tories. What could be more treacherous than knowingly destroying your country's economy, hitting the poorest areas hardest, all for some perverse ideology? What could be less democratic than stopping parliament having a meaningful say on this? 

Polish the guillotine and retwine the rope. Heads need to roll for this. 

No you won’t be interested in my critique :lol:

Parliaments had a say (twice) and both Labour and Conservative MP’s voted to let the people decide. They did.

They voted to leave, even in the knowledge that (according to the governments own figures), an immediate punishment budget and recession would follow.

The people thought, bollocks, it will be fine and it was.

You’ll basically make yourself ill if you spend all your time worrying about what % growth will be in 10 or 15 years.

Much wiser to worry about the impact of AI or JM

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No you won’t be interested in my critique :lol:

Parliaments had a say (twice) and both Labour and Conservative MP’s voted to let the people decide. They did.

They voted to leave, even in the knowledge that (according to the governments own figures), an immediate punishment budget and recession would follow.

The people thought, bollocks, it will be fine and it was.

You’ll basically make yourself ill if you spend all your time worrying about what % growth will be in 10 or 15 years.

Much wiser to worry about the impact of AI or JM

People and parliament were ignorant to these impact studies. The Leave campaign stated 350 million more for the NHS, easiest deal in history etc. All lies. Plus anti-immigrant propaganda the Nazi's would be proud of. 

Now that the facts are a lot clearer, what possible objection could a person who believes in representative democracy have against parliament having a free vote? I'd suggest only a fascist would object.

What gets me about you, and I'm sure it is intentional on your side, is the blase way you treat matters that are of vital importance to our region. Yeah, who cares if we are all going to be thousands of pounds worse off, services are going to get even worse, and we are forced to eat chlorinated chicken and mutant vegetables? Sorry, but I do. 

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

There is surely no conceivable way we will hit 'no deal'. How the fuck does that scenario fix the Ireland issue anyway?

Problem is, the FTA that we might secure (although not guaranteed) is hardly any better. Neither will prevent the Irish problems. 

35 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Looks like someone’s heard you and Ewerk are on the ropes and has come out fighting. No deal just moved a lot closer in the last 30 minutes.

4BD2C821-898E-4D90-8681-D38EFE74C851.jpeg

Tiocfaidh ar la!

Got to say, Verhofstadt, Tusk, and Barnier have been incredibly impressive in ripping us a new one. Shame we can't import some European politcians to replace our home grown cunts.