Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

watching the events in the commons and almost feeling a bit sorry for may, she's taking an absolutely savage pummelling from all sides. 

Yeah but she’s a cunt. She kept out of the campaigning before the referendum hoping for a Leave win so she could become PM. Diddums tbh 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

negotiating a deal better than the one we had with the EU before the brexit vote, while satisfying both sides of a divided nation, is a bit like managing the england football team - an impossible job - so in that sense she has my pity. she's taken a pretty brutal mauling 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

negotiating a deal better than the one we had with the EU before the brexit vote, while satisfying both sides of a divided nation, is a bit like managing the england football team - an impossible job - so in that sense she has my pity. she's taken a pretty brutal mauling 

She chose to take it. She continues to choose not to resign and simply admit that remaining is the best option.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

She chose to take it. She continues to choose not to resign and simply admit that remaining is the best option.

This. She’s more bothered about her own career than anything else. Given the stakes, that’s unforgivable. 

I don’t feel sorry for her. I think @Rayvin is right in a way and that her job for some time has been making sure the Tory party emerges from the wreckage of their self inflicted crash still capable of winning future elections. In that regard, she deserves everything she gets and she can frankly go fuck herself. 

• Like 1

oh, she's a cunt, don't get me wrong, and she's stubbornly clung to power like a particularly persistent turd which refuses to flush. on a purely human level, today i do feel for her a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

She’s played along and pretended it’s been possible up until now though 

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I don’t feel sorry for her. I think @Rayvin is right in a way and that her job for some time has been making sure the Tory party emerges from the wreckage of their self inflicted crash still capable of winning future elections. In that regard, she deserves everything she gets and she can frankly go fuck herself. 

They cannot be allowed to do this - I mean they inevitably will, but they need to suffer consequences for this. Something needs to change, surely.

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

oh, she's a cunt, don't get me wrong, and she's stubbornly clung to power like a particularly persistent turd which refuses to flush. on a purely human level, today i do feel for her a bit. 

On a purely human level, her apparent suffering is one of the few consolations so far 

• Like 1

Just now, PaddockLad said:

No one I know would ever vote for a Corbyn led Labour Party. They’ll get away with it by default. 

I'm not convinced Corbyn will survive this either unless he goes in heavily on a people's vote, tbh...

44 minutes ago, Renton said:

Rayvin's given up caring about people. He's off to France and he's lost his sense of smell, so what does he care?

Meanwhile of course ewerk is delighted with May's deal. Why not, it give NI effective access to both the UK and EU markets, boom times. Fuck the rest of us though. 

;)

Well obviously I have more empathy for those likely to suffer from Brexit than that selfish cunt Rayvin.

But it isn't as simple as saying we have the best of both worlds. NI still does most of its trade with GB, any economic hit to the mainland will also affect us. 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Well obviously I have more empathy for those likely to suffer from Brexit than that selfish cunt Rayvin.

But it isn't as simple as saying we have the best of both worlds. NI still does most of its trade with GB, any economic hit to the mainland will also affect us. 

:D

I have sympathy, as I said - just not enough to outweight my overarching feeling that the Tories need to be made to suffer for this. Which, IMO, will do the country the world of good in the long run anyway.

Theresa May's failure wasn't in bringing this deal back. It was in her failure to manage expectations in the previous two years. If she had been much more honest with everyone in what could realistically achieved then we wouldn't have the current uproar.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

:D

I have sympathy, as I said - just not enough to outweight my overarching feeling that the Tories need to be made to suffer for this. Which, IMO, will do the country the world of good in the long run anyway.

A bit like the Leavers claiming that no deal would mean some short term suffering for long term gains. Sometimes you can go so far left that you end up on the right.

Just now, ewerk said:

A bit like the Leavers claiming that no deal would mean some short term suffering for long term gains. Sometimes you can go so far left that you end up on the right.

I'm not talking about going left though, we can go back central for all I care after this - but the Tories do need to pay :devil: 

Do we want May to be overthrown though? I can't quite see all ends of this. If she is, her deal is dead - I doubt the Tories will elect JRM, but they will elect someone like Javid or Gove. What would they do?

Edited by Rayvin