Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

Tbh I think his refusal to speak to May looks bad on him.

:lol: indeed. Happy to talk to the IRA or Hamas but not the U.K. PM.

Im sure it will play well with the cult but not the public he needs to win over if ever he wants to be PM.

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: indeed. Happy to talk to the IRA or Hamas but not the U.K. PM.

Im sure it will play well with the cult but not the public he needs to win over if ever he wants to be PM.

Perhaps he just sees it for what it is. A desperate move by her as she clings onto power. She should have tried including him and parliament over the last 2 years, instead of actively trying to exclude them.

• Like 3

If only Theresa May had taken my advice.

On 6/12/2017 at 12:19, ewerk said:

I'd like to see a bit of common sense breaking out and the Tories offering to include Labour in the negotiations. It would mean that any final deal would sail through parliament and also means that neither side can use it to attack the other at the next elections. But it's probably too much to ask for.

13 hours ago, ewerk said:

She reaches out to Corbyn who tells her to fuck off unless she rules out no deal.

Refusing to start negotiations until a no deal catastrophe is taken off the table is the right thing to do. The only way the EU is renegotiatig the deal is if the red lines are scrapped and we move towards a softer more palatable Brexit. But that means May splitting the Tories and for all her bleating about the national interest, I doubt she’s as principled as Robert Peel. Listening to her outside Downing Street last night it was the same old loop - nothing’s changed.

46 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Perhaps he just sees it for what it is. A desperate move by her as she clings onto power. She should have tried including him and parliament over the last 2 years, instead of actively trying to exclude them.

Absolutely spot on

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Refusing to start negotiations until a no deal catastrophe is taken off the table is the right thing to do. The only way the EU is renegotiatig the deal is if the red lines are scrapped and we move towards a softer more palatable Brexit. But that means May splitting the Tories and for all her bleating about the national interest, I doubt she’s as principled as Robert Peel. Listening to her outside Downing Street last night it was the same old loop - nothing’s changed.

And how do you take no deal off the table?

And nor will May. If I hear “respect the referendum result” one more time.

Maybe a PV would be the thing that finally leads to her resignation. The mother of all reverse ferrets 

42 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If only Theresa May had taken my advice.

I'm the most ant-tory cunt going but that's exactly what I suggested at the time as well. 

Of course if she hadn't called a GE, she might have been able to get a harder deal through as well. 

14 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

PV, potentially, which Corbyn won’t support. 

Yeah but you can't go back to the EU and say we want a better deal but we have to take exactly what you offer because our only other choice is remain. 

The EU are pretty sure we won't leave without a deal but the risk that we will is the only leverage we have.

Just now, ewerk said:

Yeah but you can't go back to the EU and say we want a better deal but we have to take exactly what you offer because our only other choice is remain. 

The EU are pretty sure we won't leave without a deal but the risk that we will is the only leverage we have.

I think if we went back and tried to renegotiate it so we more or less stay in the SM and CU, Norway style, with some kind of fudge on immigration, (emergency brake), then they would renegotiate. And it would get through parliament. 

The problem is it would split the Tories, leaving them in ruin, potentially  unelectable for decades. And May doesn’t have the cajones to do it.

It’s may’s red lines that screwed her. All this time she’s acted like she had a massive majority instead of leading a minority government.

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I pretty much said the same in regards to the no deal is better than a bad deal shtick a while ago on here but was shot down by one or two

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Strange leverage holding a shotgun to your head and threatening your neighbours with stray shrapnel. Has it worked so far? 

Let's be fucking grown ups and remove the option. That means saying if there is no agreement by 29th March, we rescind A50. 

• Like 1

On 9/4/2016 at 16:22, PaddockLad said:

Am not saying thats not going to happen to one extent or another, but is this a case of just beleiveing what you want to beleive?  Got to say taking anything to do with Brexit at face value is allowing yourself to be manipulated by propaganda. That goes for the largely positive stuff being spun by the other side too. No one has a fuckin clue whats going to happen iyam. I have a feeling much of it wont be good, but thats assuming theres some sort of functioning EU left after 2020. If France vote Le Pen in as President all bets are off, shes taking them out of the EU too. That leaves Germany propping up the rest of Europe on its own even more than it does now. What sort of EU will that be? What will the Japanese maufacturers do then?

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Strange leverage holding a shotgun to your head and threatening your neighbours with stray shrapnel. Has it worked so far? 

Let's be fucking grown ups and remove the option. That means saying if there is no agreement by 29th March, we rescind A50. 

Yeah but that's going the other way. It's like saying 'give me exactly what I want or if you don't I'm going to put the gun down'.

Ireland would not be spending the money it has on no deal preparation if it didn't think that it was a realistic possibility.

So after two years of May ignoring Labour, ignoring Remainers, and ignoring all other options apart from her psycho version of Brexit, shes now blaming Labour and the Remainers, and is joined by the daily fucking mail and other associated right wing outlets. 

Just no. Fuck you, you daft bitch, no one with a brain is buying that.

And the Daily Mail btw. I mean i hate this newspaper on about every level going, but we're reaching a point where it actually is going to be something future generations point to as a driving force behind the collapse of everything our ancestors made Britain into. One day, i deeply hope this paper gets its comeuppance.

Maybe we can start calling ourselves Lesser Britain.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

So after two years of May ignoring Labour, ignoring Remainers, and ignoring all other options apart from her psycho version of Brexit, shes now blaming Labour and the Remainers, and is joined by the daily fucking mail and other associated right wing outlets. 

Just no. Fuck you, you daft bitch, no one with a brain is buying that.

And the Daily Mail btw. I mean i hate this newspaper on about every level going, but we're reaching a point where it actually is going to be something future generations point to as a driving force behind the collapse of everything our ancestors made Britain into. One day, i deeply hope this paper gets its comeuppance.

Maybe we can start calling ourselves Lesser Britain.

Yep. Today's headlines are disgusting. I can't see Greig has changed much. It works. A colleague at work was already blaming Corbyn for the Brexit mess today.