Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

As for the "fined" part, please post a link to Newcastle confirming a fine has been issued to any player.

I'll give you a head start, Barton was fined two weeks wage before he left... can you find the clubs confirmation?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14367204

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2300669/Newcastle-Wigan-coach-es-fined-brawl-following-Callum-McManamans-tackle-Massadio-Haidara.html

Not a player, but close enough , and all I can be arsed to find.

Proves that they do publically confirm fines though ;)

"When asked directly “Are you being told not to play him?” Pardew said “No”

So either Cabaye had refused to play

Or

Pardew lied

Am I missing something? Are you saying Pardew lied?

Pardew said he was protecting the player/club. His "no" there doesn't suggest in any way the player is on strike. Just that Pardew is not picking him for the team.... and it's his choice, not one forced on him.

Cabaye didn't play against West Ham, so either the club stopped him or Cabaye refused to play. So you have to look at which is the more likely.

Why would the club mark the cards of the agent?

Why would Cabaye and the club stay silent as Dechamps slams his career choice?

Why would the club allow Cabaye to play against Fulham, if they wanted to cash in?

There's a big difference between the club willing to sell Cabaye (which they are) and not allowing him to play (we allowed Duff to play before selling him).

You and CT seem to be struggling with the idea that Pardew may have any say in who he names in his team. It's not something you're even considering. Its not just Ashley or cabaye who can decide.

You and CT seem to be struggling with the idea that Pardew may have any say in who he names in his team. It's not some thing your even considering. Its not just Ashley or cabaye who can decide.

I'm struggling with nothing. You seem to be struggling to say why you think he hasn't played?

Because Pardew hadn't picked him. It's quite simple. Pardew picked him on Saturday and he played.

If is as simple as that, why oh why would kind caring Pards not vehemently deny all talk of Cabaye refusing to play. He could passionately have quelled all innuendo that's been raging for two weeks at a moments notice.

Either Cabayes played the cunt or the club have IMO.

If is as simple as that, why oh why would kind caring Pards not vehemently deny all talk of Cabaye refusing to play. He could passionately have quelled all innuendo that's been raging for two weeks at a moments notice.

Either Cabayes played the cunt or the club have IMO.

Because he wants to sell Cabaye to fund new buys. The soap opera keeps him in the shop window.

Because he wants to sell Cabaye to fund new buys. The soap opera keeps him in the shop window.

I'm sorry like, I'm not buying it. Too many loose ends with the biggest one being Cabaye quietly letting his reputation take a pounding for two weeks.

It will all come out in the wash.

I'm sorry like, I'm not buying it. Too many loose ends with the biggest one being Cabaye quietly letting his reputation take a pounding for two weeks.

It will all come out in the wash.

Rooney's said nowt over a year of speculation. Fergie said he'd put in a transfer request and he said nowt. Last week he refused to put one in to get a move to Chelsea... Suggesting Fergie was a liar there.

Bale hasn't said a dickie bird while his saga was ongoing and AVB talked of fining him.

Players (or their agents) know better than to say anything publicly. Odemwyngie is the example they know not to follow.

You and CT seem to be struggling with the idea that Pardew may have any say in who he names in his team. It's not some thing your even considering. Its not just Ashley or cabaye who can decide.

Are you being naive on purpose?

When asked directly “Are you being told not to play him?” Pardew said “No”

When he was asked if Cabaye refused to play, he declined to comment.

Join the dots mate, it's not hard.

Edited by Phil

Are you being naive on purpose?

When asked directly “Are you being told not to play him?” Pardew said “No”

When he was asked if Cabaye refused to play, he declined to comment.

Join the dots mate, it's not hard.

Why has Cabaye decided for himself to end his strike, though the window is still open?

Not even an hour old from the Telegraph...

"Yohan Cabaye looked downcast during Newcastle United’s tense win over Fulham, but was he hurt by those who booed him or merely ­sulking because he remains at a club he thought he would be leaving?

Cabaye has a superb technique and a wonderful range of ­passing, but he is not an innocent victim of agent manipulation or Newcastle United's refusal to sell.

He has behaved selfishly, repeatedly refusing to play this season, and he only did so against Fulham as a substitute because it looks as though he will not be ­leaving after all.

When Arsenal were told a fortnight ago to return with an offer of £20million, Cabaye reacted poorly. He has upset a lot of people, but while many supporters jeered him when he came on as a second-half substitute, he was also given a standing ovation 10 minutes later when he took his first corner.

Put simply, Cabaye’s introduction improved Newcastle and that is why Pardew has been careful not to be critical of his playmaker – and it is why the majority of fans would love him to stay".

Story is of a £15m bid since he played too though...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/335919/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-in-15m-bid-for-Newcastle-s-Yohan-Cabaye

Goes to show paper talk should all be taken with a pinch of salt and you're best off trying to piece together the facts from what is actually said.

To be fair it's from today and starts with "ARSENAL are set to make", so they are speculating.

I'd welcome the sale, if we can get someone else in. It's only a matter of time before Cabaye leaves, so might as well be for the best possible price.

And won't the best price be in January after he's played half a season with us, rather than when he's sulking and suitors think they can take advantage and get him on the cheap? Plus that caveat you included "if we can get someone else in", won't be happening.

We're better off keeping him for now.

And won't the best price be in January after he's played half a season with us, rather than when he's sulking and suitors think they can take advantage and get him on the cheap? Plus that caveat you included "if we can get someone else in", won't be happening.

We're better off keeping him for now.

The bale deal has inflated everyone perception of how much players are worth. We'll never get over 20m for him.

McCarthy, Ince, Gomis, Hughes and N'Zogbia should all be available. I'm sure there are a lot more in the foreign market.

The bale deal has inflated everyone perception of how much players are worth. We'll never get over 20m for him.

McCarthy, Ince, Gomis, Hughes and N'Zogbia should all be available. I'm sure there are a lot more in the foreign market.

McCarthy is inferior to Cabaye, Ince is a good prospect and a signing I'd like us to make, but we'd have to pay top dollar, I don't think Gomis wants to come here, Hughes is again a top prospect but his price would be too high for our illustrious owner, and N'Zogbia would never come here (not that I'd want him back either.)

Also, what's the point of getting 20m for a player when that money is not re-invested in the team? Again, we're better off keeping him, since we won't be signing a replacement.