Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Anything direct there from Pardew saying that he refused to play?

Honestly as you stated, you are now just being arsey. There was plenty discussed last night between those of us who wanted to discuss. All the evidence, as highlighted in the Telegraph today, points to Cabaye refusing to play and Pardew trying (to his credit) to manage that situation.

If that's not good enough for you then Cest la vie.

Honestly as you stated, you are now just being arsey. There was plenty discussed last night between those of us who wanted to discuss. All the evidence, as highlighted in the Telegraph today, points to Cabaye refusing to play and Pardew trying (to his credit) to manage that situation.

If that's not good enough for you then Cest la vie.

I'd ignore them. They are either too stupid or winding you up.

McCarthy is inferior to Cabaye, Ince is a good prospect and a signing I'd like us to make, but we'd have to pay top dollar, I don't think Gomis wants to come here, Hughes is again a top prospect but his price would be too high for our illustrious owner, and N'Zogbia would never come here (not that I'd want him back either.)

Also, what's the point of getting 20m for a player when that money is not re-invested in the team? Again, we're better off keeping him, since we won't be signing a replacement.

Keeping Cabaye is short term thinking, sure we're better with him, but he wants out. In the long run it'll be as disruptive as Ba (pandering to his needs) - possibly more-so as he may turn others against the club.

We might as well sell him and get McCarthy, plus another on that list. Ideally Inca and Hughes.

Keeping Cabaye is short term thinking, sure we're better with him, but he wants out. In the long run it'll be as disruptive as Ba (pandering to his needs) - possibly more-so as he may turn others against the club.

We might as well sell him and get McCarthy, plus another on that list. Ideally Inca and Hughes.

If we sell him we will not buy a replacement.

Hope I'm not going over old ground, but I didn't agree with the people booing him (part of me hoped they were booing Anita going off as I thought he had one of his better games for us whereas Sissoko was poor until the subs [which arguably could be because those that went off; Shola, Marv & Anita, were replaced with much better players coming in; Remy, Gouffran & Cabaye] came on). Once you get past that it was notable to me that the first thing he did was foul someone on the edge of the box. A player looking to sneak off over the horizon doesn't put himself in the spotlight with those kinds of tackles. He was busy, harassing players, making himself available for the ball, certainly not hiding. When he stopped to clap the fans after the final whistle, I honestly think that was an act of contrition and one that should put the whole thing to bed for me.

I think we're a much better side with a focussed Cabaye and I hope this year we see the man we fell head over heels for in the first place.