Kevin Mbabu

The Fish

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive at the weekend but so was Haidara in his first few games, particularly in Kharkiv. Mbabu's proved nothing apart from being able to handle a one off game. So let's chill the fuck out.

cheer up man, he was a rare ray of light in what has otherwise been a holocaust of a season.

Impressive at the weekend but so was Haidara in his first few games, particularly in Kharkiv. Mbabu's proved nothing apart from being able to handle a one off game. So let's chill the fuck out.

Fans commenting on a promising league debut from a young player against quality opposition? Outrageous :razz:

Really enjoyed watching him play - was quick, determined, closed them down quick and never stopped chasing - how much of that is his natural play level and how much of it was just 'first premiere game in front of home crowd' remains to be seen, but good luck to the lad! I'd like to see him get a bit more time over some of the 'old reliables'.

The only real criticism i would have had over his game that was with the eagerness to win the ball and snuff out space he was incredibly 'handsy' and pretty physical at times - all for a physical no bollocks defense but if an official is in the mood to be a bellend, a good couple of his challenges at the weekend could easily have been seen (incorrectly) as fouls if playing against a liverpool or arsenal.

CHZfvp3.gif

i'm as gloomy as anyone about how the club has been run the past few years, but i don't think i'm pessimistic for the sake of it. i'll still give an honest appraisal when someone plays well.

Uvavu was on debut against the champions, marking pedro. and he was the pick of the back four. fair play to him!

Edited by Dr Gloom

i'm as gloomy as anyone about how the club has been run the past few years, but i don't think i'm pessimistic for the sake of it. i'll still give an honest appraisal when someone plays well.

Uvavu was on debut against the champions, marking pedro. and he was the pick of the back four. fair play to him!

I'm only yanking your chain.

Baboo had a cracking league debut, wasn't phased by facing some honest to goodness superstars, but wasn't rash in the tackle trying to make a name for himself either. That said, it's 1 game and he'll come up against sterner tests than an out-of-form Chelsea.

Think it's important to point out the back four were, in general, very good again.

Aye PL, fuck you and your attempt to reign in any hyperbole over young Mbabu. :lol:

I thought he was class and seeing as we're desperado for a left back let's just hope the kid can carry it on and it isn't a flash in the pan. No pardewed required here.

Aye it was good to see, I was nervous when I saw his name as I knew it meant both Pedro and Hazard would be switching wings and targeting the lad. There was a piece of play where Hazard tried to beat him on his inside but Mbabu stopped him, so Hazard turned around and ran back towards his goal a bit turned and then began running inside towards our goal, I'd said to my mate after he began running back Mbabu had lost him but the lad stuck with him and made a class play to nip the ball off Hazard towards the other side of our box. After seeing that play and the determination he had I completely agree with AH, the lad is a dreadlocked hybrid of Ashley Cole, Carlos and Lahm, he will captain his country to the World cup and win us the league.

Seriously though it was a bright point in what has been a bad start to the season, just hope he can go on to become something for us because it's a position we're really struggling with.

Edited by Howay

Aye PL, fuck you and your attempt to reign in any hyperbole over young Mbabu. :lol:

I thought he was class and seeing as we're desperado for a left back let's just hope the kid can carry it on and it isn't a flash in the pan. No pardewed required here.

What hyperbole?

'any' hyperbole.

If you didn't think there was any your response is nonsensical. Doubly so as you basically agreed with Fish who the original comment was aimed at.

I know what he was doing. But no one was overreacting, so it was a bit patronising.

I praised the kid on saturday but didn't find PL patronising at all. Obviously others did judging by the mild 'bollocking' PL got which made me laugh.

Well I thought Perez was different class on Saturday but obviously tired near the end although he's been praised a fair bit already in his nufc career. Mbabu was a breath of fresh air but then again, I thought Wayne Fereday had a stormer on his debut and would be a cracking signing so maybe I need to chill a bit after all. ;)

I know what he was doing. But no one was overreacting, so it was a bit patronising.

Guilty as charged :D

however...

Mbabu has been superb.

Zanetti there conferring sainthood on the fucker before half time

I love Mbabu already

That's just emabarrasing for a man in his forties Doc, have a word with yourself.

Not to mention the fist-fest that the Fish posted...I just don't want anyone to get into a CT/Shane situation. You all know I'm right :razz:

Edited by PaddockLad

Here man, I'm only mid 30s, a mere child and as such am still prone to the odd embarrassing outburst.

But when you've spent a season watching Williamson punt it 60 yards upfield in the direction of no one in particular, you have to grab the positives where you can.