Are men becoming more like women?

ChezGiven

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just need to look at the fannies on here worrying about body fat percentages and how 'eating kills you' to get the answer to that :lol:

Me, you and Renton are fighting the fight for real men

Edited by TheRollingStones

The ovary or the general question?

The general question.

I was reading an article in the Economist by Hannah Rosin - it might not be a bad thing tbh. ;)

Apart from budgie keeping house husbands, that's a bad thing.

You just need to look at the fannies on here worrying about body fat percentages and how 'eating kills you' to get the answer to that :lol:

Me, you and Renton are fighting the fight for real men

That 'eating kills you' nearly killed me :lol: Fucks sake.

I think its a general trend though, not just restricted to the gaping fannies on here.

Is it not just destroying traditional gender roles in a post feminist world?

Quite possibly. I'm 50:50 on the parenting responsibilities, happily do all the chores etc. When men become 'under pressure' because of the 'images fed to them by the media' then a collective grip needs to be gotten a hold of.

Is it men or is it ''young men/boys'' though?

When I see college/uni age lads kicking about now they are all wearing chinos and fitted caps. Look like a set of cathwords.

I think men are definitely becoming more like women, and vice versa.

The way some girls carry on is shocking to me, and yeah, when I see the preening that happens before some lads will leave the house I dunno what to say to them. I know of at least one bloke who owns a pair of hair straighteners. He's a father and is getting married this year. It's fucking weird.

Its cultural iyam so i reckon its happening to all ages, just to different extents. I doubt me old man will be mincing round Waitrose with a calorie app and a copy of the River Cottage cookbook any time soon but even his attitudes are changing.

Is it men or is it ''young men/boys'' though?

When I see college/uni age lads kicking about now they are all wearing chinos and fitted caps. Look like a set of cathwords.

Aye but looking like a twat is different to acting like you've got one.

There's obviously a few things that make blokes seem like fannies - straightening hair etc etc. For me - I go to sleep and whatever my hair is like I leave it. Like a mighty viking or a member of Led Zep.

When they say no ;)

That's not a shock, that's just an ice-breaker

In what way does the behaviour of girls shock you fish?

Girls seem a lot more violent than when I was a kid, it seems like they drink to get drunk. Even the women I work with are a lot more aggressive (admittedly mine is a fairly male dominated industry), they also get involved with "office banter" whereas when I first worked they would more likely avoid it.

Meenz gave Gemmill a colonic? I dont know how these scurrilous rumours get started.

Was it not in return for Gemmill loaning out his Chinese mouse?

Getting into weird territory there Dave.

I reckon at least one person on here has had a colonic. My odds are:

JawD - Evens

Dr G - Evens

LBT - 2/1

Jill - 3/1

Gemmill - 3/1

Meenz - 3/1

CT - 4/1 (advised by his GP to get a colonoscopy which he ignored and got a colonic instead after googling it)

Tooj - 5/1 (seeking out alternative remedies for his documented back problems)

Parky - 6/1 (outside chance, odds not that long though)