Whats the longest you've stayed awake?

ChezGiven

I used to get insomia really bad, so quite a while.

Not enjoyable at all.

Same here mate... it's kind of come back recently too. I always say it's like being an alcoholic in that you're never cured and just in recovery, which means from time to time you fall off the wagon again.

I regularly went 2 nights in a row with barely any sleep... never experienced anything like the horror of it being Wednesday and the last time I slept was Saturday night.

Luckily it's usually just Sundays I'm struggling with at the moment, and even then I get to sleep between 2 and 4 am (up at 6:30am). I feel ok if I fall asleep at 2am... I feel shocking if it's 4am or after though

I did through til eight in the morning in Benidorm a couple of years ago and then went back on the drink for about half ten through to six the next morning. Again I was chemically enhanced. I think if you have a few days to a week of it you can keep going alright. But I was in the Powerhouse until after six a couple of years ago and then stayed in bed pretty much all day on the Sunday and I was cattled for days after.

First time I ever took a gary ablet in Ibiza I must have been up well over 24 hours and I'm not sure if I went out that night again too without having any sleep. Although I can remember very little about it other than trying to talk to some scottish bloke in the hotel bar and not being able to finish a single conversation as I'd fortgotten what we talking about half way through.

textbook. lost in a deep spannered conversation late doors. then one of you goes. "what were we just talking about?" and the other one goes "fuck knows"

Same here mate... it's kind of come back recently too. I always say it's like being an alcoholic in that you're never cured and just in recovery, which means from time to time you fall off the wagon again.

I regularly went 2 nights in a row with barely any sleep... never experienced anything like the horror of it being Wednesday and the last time I slept was Saturday night.

Luckily it's usually just Sundays I'm struggling with at the moment, and even then I get to sleep between 2 and 4 am (up at 6:30am). I feel ok if I fall asleep at 2am... I feel shocking if it's 4am or after though

I'm like that every Sunday if I've been out on the Saturday night. Last week was particularly bad and I was like ghost on Monday. Worst I've ever felt through lack of sleep and I can't imagine how bad proper insomnia is.

textbook. lost in a deep spannered conversation late doors. then one of you goes. "what were we just talking about?" and the other one goes "fuck knows"

I remember standing in Es Paradis, not having a clue where I was and asking one of the lads when we'd got there. After that rock bar was the answer to which I replied what rock bar was that? The previous two hours were a complete mystery to me!

I reckon it can still be done when you get older its just the recovery that's fucked up. Last time was when I was 36, I didn't go all the way through as i slept a bit on Saturday night / Sunday morning but I went from Friday morning to Monday afternoon with just 4 hours kip on the Sunday morning.

All thanks to Talking Heads, Thai ecstasy, Balloons and Ketamine. The mate I was with is a year or two younger than me and veers between being exactly like Dr G on here telling everyone about how much gym work he does and kale he is eating to going on 3 day benders. He goes to that Burning Man festival in the Nevada desert every year and doesn't sleep for about a week.

i don't bang on about benders. i bang on about not being able to go on benders anymore! having a kid has pretty much ended that part of life for me. and probably at about the right time too. there's nothing more embarrassing than some middle aged gurner trying to be down with the kids. the last rave i went to i spent half an hour chattign aome loved up bollocks to some kid in the smoking area that turned out to be 16.

never say never like but those days are mostly behind me. who knows though, perhaps we'll be the generation that has oap reunions where we all get together in our sixties and get off our tits again for old time's sake.

Busy soldering a pinball codpiece to his leathers that weekend.

longest he ever stayed up was when he was rushing on adrenaline and e numbers after a 24 hour pinball, kfc and fizzy drink marathon.

Edited by Dr Gloom

I left for a gig on Friday evening around 4pm and didn't sleep until I got home on Monday morning at around 2am. I never slept at all for the weekend as I was the only driver and had to drive to 3 different gigs each night (middlesbrough to south coast then back to sunderland). I am pretty sure I nodded off on the motorway a few times but still woke up driving in a straight line. Never again!

I left for a gig on Friday evening around 4pm and didn't sleep until I got home on Monday morning at around 2am. I never slept at all for the weekend as I was the only driver and had to drive to 3 different gigs each night (middlesbrough to south coast then back to sunderland). I am pretty sure I nodded off on the motorway a few times but still woke up driving in a straight line. Never again!

Hows the band going mate? still gigging?..any new stuff we can hear?...

edit:...much the same as others....go out friday nite, spend most of Saturday caning something or other, sleep sunday night (usually.... often awake all night Monday though with the heebeegeebees :o )

Edited by PaddockLad

A couple weeks ago I was at work from 7:00 AM Tuesday through 11:30 PM Wednesday. Adding in the travel time to the time actually spent at work, that comes out to about 40 hours. It sucked, and productivity clearly dropped after about 11:00 Tuesday, but the job got done, and filed in time.

I went home and slept for 11 straight hours for the first time since High School.

Not keen to repeat. I'm sure the client isn't either since for just me, that cost them a ton of money, and I was the cheapest of four people working that period.

Did any of the insomniacs ever hallucinate due to lack of sleep?

Not exactly, but during my worst periods of insomnia if I did nod off I'd waken up no long after with sleep paralysis which is a rather lovely experience where one side eefect is a nice dark figure stood over the bed looking down at you

a common thing for me in the early hours after a 24 hour party was everyone randomly looking like they were wearing glasses, even though they weren't. not in the same ball park as the kind of hallucination you get from a psychedelic drugs. but usually accompanied by a "what were we just talking about?' conversation. probably a combination of sleep deprivation and just being a bit too mangled.

Hows the band going mate? still gigging?..any new stuff we can hear?...

edit:...much the same as others....go out friday nite, spend most of Saturday caning something or other, sleep sunday night (usually.... often awake all night Monday though with the heebeegeebees :o )

I gave up bands a couple of years back. Too busy these days with work...but I might get back into it eventually.

You lot are going to fucking love this, but the longest stretch I've done is 48 hours. Up at 8 Friday to wait for a plumber who left at 4, gym, dinner, A&E night shift 8pm-8am,home pick up kit and drive to Sheffield for five hour Jitsu course, home, dinner and an hours' kip before heading off to work again, got to bed about 9am Sunday. Obv no drugs (Coffee/energy drinks aside).