Summer Transfers 2013

Christmas Tree

Nope. No we don't.

Plus we didn't have it last year - if Demba was tied down to a new deal from the off we would have but the politics really got in the way & it was either him or Cisse outwide - naturally the lad with the secure contract lost out.

Check the squads. It's better. Ba's goals are the obvious concern, however Remy should get us 10 and we are still looking at Gomis.

Goal

OUT: Harper

IN:

Defense

OUT: Simpson

IN: Debuchy, Mbiwa, Haidara

Midfield

OUT: Guthrie, Perch, Smith

IN: Anita, Bigirimana, Sissoko

Forwards

OUT: Ba, Bent, Lovenkrands

IN: Remy, Gouffran

Cisse played out wide because Ba scores goals.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post Phil. The reference points have moved on though with the influx of the additional TV money. Our squad is not as good as the 11/12 season if its not as equipped to deal with the opposition. As this is a competition, its a relative assessment. Relatively we are weaker.

Smith played twice in 2011-12 - both off the bench, so I don't understand how he's relevant?

In addition you didn't have clubs like Southampton,Norwich & Cardiff spending £30m...

Smith played twice in 2011-12 - both off the bench, so I don't understand how he's relevant?

In addition you didn't have clubs like Southampton,Norwich & Cardiff spending £30m...

Don't shoot the messenger, that'll be the clubs stance.

I added smith largely for his wages.

QPR and Wigan are a lot better than the teams coming up, plus stokes weak efforts in the transfer market and change of manager/style will make the bottom end a lot weaker.

I'm not trying to justify the clubs actions, just highlighting the thought process. The lack of activity is a joke, and its no surprise the lackluster has made its way onto the pitch. Hopefully Remy ans another striker will give us the boost we need to get our season going.

Spurs are one club which really are showing ambition. Go back a few years an I would say we were on par with them. Although there are good points to what Ashely has done to the club I think he should look at Levy and take on board some of the things he is doing. They have spent 105 million and when you look at the new tv money now in the Premier League it's not a massive gamble...of course Bale going for 80 plus million is a help too.

Absolutely spot on. All the other clubs on our level have invested well. We have spent fuck all 2 summers running. All Ashley wants to do is see how were doing in January and spend the bare minimum to ensure 17th position.

Spurs are one club which really are showing ambition. Go back a few years an I would say we were on par with them. Although there are good points to what Ashely has done to the club I think he should look at Levy and take on board some of the things he is doing. They have spent 105 million and when you look at the new tv money now in the Premier League it's not a massive gamble...of course Bale going for 80 plus million is a help too.

I would be surprised if Spurs have spent a penny (net spend), people always concentrate on Bale going but forget they already have brought in around £25m for Caulker, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey etc..

Jealous :(

Good post Phil. The reference points have moved on though with the influx of the additional TV money. Our squad is not as good as the 11/12 season if its not as equipped to deal with the opposition. As this is a competition, its a relative assessment. Relatively we are weaker.

By a long way.

I would be surprised if Spurs have spent a penny (net spend), people always concentrate on Bale going but forget they already have brought in around £25m for Caulker, Parker, Huddlestone, Dempsey etc..

Jealous :(

They also raised/removed their wage ceiling.

By a long way.

Try to keep perspective. Norwich lost to 10 man Hull, WBA have lost Lukaku, Stoke will struggle.

Lots of players come into the league, most will be closer to Bryan Ruiz (56 games 7 goals).

We clearly need another forward, and if we get him, we'll be in a much better position than most.

You are comparing us to Norwich, Hull and Stoke. Says it all really.

Liverpool apparently closing in on Ilori, Sakho and Moses. Quality signings those if they happen. Them and Spurs have left us miles behind now.

Try to keep perspective.

Before the injection of the new tv rights money standing still in terms of recruitment moved you backwards in the pecking order. This has now been accelerated.

We do have a high average quality of player across our first 11, but a number of them aren't consistent.

Having said all that on paper Fulham look a decent side, but they were not much more than passengers against is and some of their bigger name players (most notably Berbatov) were embarrassingly disinterested.

Before the injection of the new tv rights money standing still in terms of recruitment moved you backwards in the pecking order. This has now been accelerated.

We do have a high average quality of player across our first 11, but a number of them aren't consistent.

Having said all that on paper Fulham look a decent side, but they were not much more than passengers against is and some of their bigger name players (most notably Berbatov) were embarrassingly disinterested.

To be fair, we've taken Europa league out of the fixtures list. So we will improve dramatically, via less games (fewer injuries) and a full week to prepare for the next.

Also, I highly doubt any of the mid-tier signings will be better than Remy.

Could be quite an exciting deadline day for a change. :)

I dont think we'll be involved. Kinears comments about have a top 10 wage bill were quite telling.

Watching Tom Inces goal yesterday I live in hope :lol:

Them and Spurs have left us miles behind now.

They've both got more money to their respective names. No surprises really. From day one it's been clear that Ashley will never spend big (aside from the very rare £10m or so on the likes of Coloccini), not sure why things would be any different now.

Get used to it, you seem shocked they're better off than we are.

No chance we sign anyone.

'We're not going to pay over the odds blah blah blah'

The money for this transfer window was spend in January last season. Its already been stated and that Pards and co are carrying on like there might be a signing of any note is just bullshit.

Preferably we should be getting two strikers in. One of which needs to be of real quality. What we will get will be nothing or its equivalent.

But hey look at the bright side. JFK was hired to sign players. So when we don't maybe he'll be fired as the scapegoat. Its plausible. All I know is the guy would be flat out finding a footballer using google. He can't pronounce any fuckers name for starters. I'm still 50/50 on whether he's a late April fools joke or something.

They've both got more money to their respective names. No surprises really. From day one it's been clear that Ashley will never spend big (aside from the very rare £10m or so on the likes of Coloccini), not sure why things would be any different now.

Get used to it, you seem shocked they're better off than we are.

Why would they be different now? TV money? Smaller clubs becoming more competitive? Learning lessons from last year? The fact we nearly went down? Granted our owner has no love for the club but being a shrewd businessman you'd expect him to take account of the above.

While I dont expect any great things from Ashley I've still got the right to be pissed when clubs that were in and around us move leagues ahead and those way behind make moves to catch up while all the while we stand still. Standing still in this situation is akin to moving backwards.

Even when Spurs and Liverpool were "in and around us" (if we're talking recent years at least), they were still spending vast amounts more on players than we were. This summer Spurs have sold about £110m worth of players, and bought about £110m worth of players. We've made a few quid, and we'll probably end up spending just a few quid.