Thatcher Dead

trophyshy

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's fair enough for journalists and folk to point out the flaws of her policies on her death.

Not sure there is a need to picket her funeral though, so pleased it's been allowed to go off without it.

Wesboro are scum too remember.

I think it's fair enough for journalists and folk to point out the flaws of her policies on her death.

Not sure there is a need to picket her funeral though, so pleased it's been allowed to go off without it.

Wesboro are scum too remember.

I agree but I'm worried the funeral will sort of draw a line under the matter leaving her defined as this saint they've created.

Maybe a debate in parliament with the gloves completely off would help but I'm not sure.

She freed the country from the burden of having to pay for unecomic industries, and one of the benefits of that was that when they all went running to the dole office to collect their 'entitlements' there was enough money in the pot to pay for them, as well as to fund future industries like the Nissan plant that has outlasted any nationalised factory opened in the godawful era of the 70s.

I had to pick up this one.

We are now paying a burden of a reliance for power on the EU - which is arguable higher in cost (both security and financially) as it has put us at the mercy of people like Russia and France.

Most UK businesses are now foreign owned multinationals, that pay nothing into society and offer mainly part time, low paid work that is not secure.

The Nissan factory is but 1 example of the sold "Free market" that has actually benefited the north east.

Thatcher's view was that people could just move to work in London. This view is the same with the current (thinly vieled) drive to offload public services to the private sector. This holds nothing towards family, friends, people who care for others etc.

Thatcher made London better, not the UK as a whole. Look at the North East - nearly everything built (including roads, Council Buildings, the Sunderland Technology centre) are all EU funded, nothing has come from the free market other than a brief stint of call centres.

A government has a responsibility to ensure that it acts in the interests of all its citizens fairly, not just the wealthy with a vested interest in the stock exchange. Its much bigger than Economics, and Economics was all she cared about IMO.

a hundred mourners? probably :lol:

the protests. i was hoping for something a bit more lively. suppose it's more british to do fuck all but moan about it, as i'm doing.

We are now paying a burden of a reliance for power on the EU - which is arguable higher in cost (both security and financially) as it has put us at the mercy of people like Russia and France.

Most UK businesses are now foreign owned multinationals, that pay nothing into society and offer mainly part time, low paid work that is not secure.

Thatcher's view was that people could just move to work in London.

Look at the North East - nearly everything built (including roads, Council Buildings, the Sunderland Technology centre) are all EU funded, nothing has come from the free market other than a brief stint of call centres.

Got any proof of these rather wild claims?

Been for a couple of "toasts" at a bar in Cheapside and the place is still crawling with stormtroopers and oxygen thieves mourning her. At least this should mark the end of it in practical terms.

Good send off. Very respectful. Put the whole 'she divided a nation' canard into sharp perspective.

Despite the fact that Thacther was rather ludicrously portrayed by one person in here as being of the same ilk as Hitler and the Kims (this being the guy who's "not interested" in parliamentary politics and wasn't even around during the Thatcher era), none of the rather sad band of protestors were executed or even detained without charge and sent to a labour camp. They were able to make their sad little point in their sad little way, whilst the vast majority stayed respectfully silent, or simply responded with clapping.

open your curtains man you daft cunt.

Pipe down you. I'm talking to the guy who might at least know a bit about what he's talking about, not the sort of pillock that thinks Thatcher's era was akin to Hitler or your average North Korean divine leader.

whilst the vast majority stayed respectfully silent, or simply responded with clapping.

Less than ten thousand out of 65m in the place she sacrificed the rest to, to benefit.