Supermarkets

Christmas Tree

I don't pack stuff as I go along at self-service checkouts. If they're going to make me do all the work, I shall darned well do it in my own time. :razz:

Whoa that is totally unacceptable. Why would you not just put stuff straight into bags? I am fuming about this.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa that is totally unacceptable. Why would you not just put stuff straight into bags? I am fuming about this.

Because I use my own bags and they fuck with the scales, for a start.

I'd imagine those occasions when I'm at the checkout and remember an item I've missed, so I run back into the shop whilst Chanisse scans my stuff, then waits for me to come back , would send Gemmill into Supernova mode.

I think the woman on the phone was a cunt for being so rude in the first place then complaining to the supermarket and the papers, the checkout person was a cunt for asking rudely (according to the phone cunt mind), and the supermarket was a cunt for bollocking its employee.

I'd imagine those occasions when I'm at the checkout and remember an item I've missed, so I run back into the shop whilst Chanisse scans my stuff, then waits for me to come back , would send Gemmill into Supernova mode.

Yeah that's bullshit. You made a mistake. Don't make others suffer.

My nearest ASDA does self-checkouts complete with conveyor belts.

Really good idea as you can whizz through when it's not busy, but unfortunately most who shop there don't have the cognitive ability to operate the things.

I think the woman on the phone was a cunt for being so rude in the first place then complaining to the supermarket and the papers, the checkout person was a cunt for asking rudely (according to the phone cunt mind), and the supermarket was a cunt for bollocking its employee.

I was 100% against the bitch with the phone until I read what she said the lass said - if true then there was some blame but bad manners including ignorant people on phones bug the shit out of me.

I don't pack stuff as I go along at self-service checkouts. If they're going to make me do all the work, I shall darned well do it in my own time. :razz:

What?! This is bollocks Martin! Where's your bloody German efficiency now?

I use the self-service tills all the time because the Morlocks on the check-out can't be trusted to passgas, let alone pass the stuff in the right order. I mean, for fucks sake, why in God's name would I want the bread first? Now I have to push that to one side as she passes the tins and then maybe the veg, then the milk, then the shower gel or some other bonkers order.

It should obviously go; Solid-and-heavy (tins, bottles cans) through sturdy and light (packs of cereal, bag of pasta) all the way up to squashable and light (bread, some types of veg). I'll even kind of line up the items in that order on the conveyor belt, but the cud-chewing monster will stretch her hoof down the line of food past these foundation building items for something flimsy like a bag of tomatoes. It's just infuriating and her actions are literally out of order. Madness.

Back to the original point, if I'm going on my way back from work I just put it in my own bag which the numpty on the self-service bit quickly deals with before I get to my military style packing. You might get away with that slipshod approach in South East London, but trust me my friend, that shit would not fly in SW4. No sir.

I'm going to be fucking hungover tomorrow, how's that for a non sequitur?

The light/heavy and sturdy/squashable principles are absolutely sound, of course. Since the self-service tills don't have a conveyor belt, though, unless I've done my shopping in the reverse of the order described and my basket is already layered accordingly - with tins on top, squashing the poor tomatoes beneath - then it's just as easy to scan it all through and pack it correctly afterwards. There's a time loss at either end of the process.

The light/heavy and sturdy/squashable principles are absolutely sound, of course. Since the self-service tills don't have a conveyor belt, though, unless I've done my shopping in the reverse of the order described and my basket is already layered accordingly - with tins on top, squashing the poor tomatoes beneath - then it's just as easy to scan it all through and pack it correctly afterwards. There's a time loss at either end of the process.

It's the self service checkout and so you should have 20 items or less. If you have difficulty in finding the heaviest of just 20 items then perhaps you're better off using a manned checkout or bringing a semi-trained chimp with you to assist with this incredibly complex task.

I'm not. :lol: As I say, the time expenditure happens at some point of the process, so what does it matter when it happens? Other than the psychological burden when you lot start seething in the queue behind me because I've scanned everything through in super-quick time then take a minute to pack it. All of which makes me more committed to continuing to do so. :D