Darren Bent (Poacher master or poached egg?)

Park Life

Looks like he's in.

What are your expectations and how will he be played?

Bit of a lazy fucker and a bit moody but has a touch more pace than Cisse.

Likes the ball early so Pards is super keen...:lol:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If shola is leaving then I hope Bent is no more than his replacement. It's a puzzle how he would fit in the side though...unless pardew is thinkin of 442 again :(

We still need to be bringing in a top class young striker.

Aye, definitely a step up from Shola. But there's no chance we are dropping millions on a fee and three times Sholas wages to replace him

He's coming in to play 40 games a season

Edited by TheRollingStones

I hope we sign him just so he can kiss the badge when he scores against the mackems.

Probably the best striker we are a capable of signing with this fat shambles owning the club.

I've never rated him, but he does have an uncanny ability to put the ball in the net.

We have to be realistic about our targets, so I'd be more than happy with Bent joining.

If we do "get him over the line", I can see Cisse being sold as Bent is an out and out striker, so we'd have the Cisse/Ba issue again.

''I've never rated him, but he does have an uncanny ability to put the ball in the net.''

Aye goals are overrated...

I know it sounds daft, but quite a few people had the same view on Nolan.

I think Bent would be a decent signing but I do wonder how him and Cisse would combine. Hopefully signing him would be along with signing another striker so who would complement both of them. Cant say i'm that hopefull of that happening like!

I feel like him and Cisse up front would be another Cisse/Ba situation. Neither are comfortable playing the role of provider, and will often wind up in the same areas trying to finish the same chances.

Look at the stats. Since 2001 Bent has only 19 assists in 362 League appearances. Cisse has 5 assists in his 50 appearances since he joined. All signs point to these two not playing together well, and I don't think Bent is keen on leaving the bench at Villa for the bench here.