Season Ticket Renewal/Apathy - £25 Half Season tickets

Tooj

Ashley's reaction to that would be to lower his costs. As there's probably not many areas that he could realistically do that outside of coaching and playing staff that's where he'd make the cuts.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An important thing to remember for fans not wishing to give the obese capitalist their hard earned is that while the catering is ''outsourced'' it's outsourced to a company owned by Ashley.

More money taken away from the club...

Avg £600 ticket

Lets say the avg is 2 pints, even call it a £5

Lets say none of them buy the new shirt £50

Lets say half of them dont buy for their kids or whatever £50

That £600 could easily be £705 just looking at that, so that £9M could easily be £10.5 ish. It quickly adds up like.

Was reading comments from Krul on twitter about hoping there would be a good crowd for tomorrow's game. Made me think about this discussion again.

Lets say our average attendance came down to 30 000 this season. By staying away do we further demoralise already frustrated players? Those pulling up their socks and going for it for the sake of the fans and the club. How much would it affect overall performance and the position we end up at at the end of the season. Would the hit on Ashley's pocket be worth any potentially adverse effects on player morale and thus performances? Its all hypothetical of course, just wondering.

People are already staying away though and it's already had an affect on Jabba hence the 10 year deals etc to persuade people to come back but mostly to make people not give up their ST's and pay less so the mediocrity and blatant lack of ambition is slightly more palatable. The cheaper deals mean less income, nobody buying the shit shirts means less income, (although zero advertising helps this too), cutting back costs at the club on the commercial side must be costing income, a piss poor side to watch will mean less income from outside sponsors as they're attracted by success to certain degrees or a Worldwide appeal.

He's going to run this cub into the ground, not like Freddie trying to chase the dream and keep up with the Jones's but like McKeag and Seymour who just couldn't spend and compete which drove us to the 2nd division. McKeag and co never had the personal fortune nor the acumen to develop the club, Ashley does have the money but wants nothing to do with funding the club. I couldnt give a fuck if the man dropped a bollock with the price/debts and his laziness in not looking at the books, the fact that the debt doubled under his ownership shouldn't make us as a club accountable. As I've stated, I've seen lean times before at this club and we were always widely regarded as THE sleeping giant of football, it was frustrating watching us ran by the Westwoods, etc but they did what they could, a fan owned club would get a lot more sympathy and understanding from supporters as ultimately they'd have the club at heart and wouldn't have the shit that Ashley has rained down on us. A fan owned club, (be that the support as a whole or a rich Newcastle Fan), might not have to offer ticket deals left, right and centre as people might be prepared to pay more knowing that their money would benefit the club and they'd have more trust than we do now with Jabba the cunt.

They've sold the most home shirts for 3 years apparently.

People are idiots.

That's why he doesnt give a fuck he knows the shirts will sell its a good brand thats all that matters to him any ideas how many shirts have been sold ?

Definitely.

I'm taking a bottle of water in today. To go with my free ticket. :)

See I fancy a pint (even if it is piss) before the match, and simply won't have time to get one anywhere but the ground. Will I go to hell if I buy one?

Secure in the knowledge that next season he's not getting a penny from me*.

* Unless we go on a great cup run.

P.S. Gemmill. Would rather gouge my eyeballs out than spend a day watching cricket.

People are already staying away though and it's already had an affect on Jabba hence the 10 year deals etc to persuade people to come back but mostly to make people not give up their ST's and pay less so the mediocrity and blatant lack of ambition is slightly more palatable. The cheaper deals mean less income, nobody buying the shit shirts means less income, (although zero advertising helps this too), cutting back costs at the club on the commercial side must be costing income, a piss poor side to watch will mean less income from outside sponsors as they're attracted by success to certain degrees or a Worldwide appeal. He's going to run this cub into the ground, not like Freddie trying to chase the dream and keep up with the Jones's but like McKeag and Seymour who just couldn't spend and compete which drove us to the 2nd division. McKeag and co never had the personal fortune nor the acumen to develop the club, Ashley does have the money but wants nothing to do with funding the club. I couldnt give a fuck if the man dropped a bollock with the price/debts and his laziness in not looking at the books, the fact that the debt doubled under his ownership shouldn't make us as a club accountable. As I've stated, I've seen lean times before at this club and we were always widely regarded as THE sleeping giant of football, it was frustrating watching us ran by the Westwoods, etc but they did what they could, a fan owned club would get a lot more sympathy and understanding from supporters as ultimately they'd have the club at heart and wouldn't have the shit that Ashley has rained down on us. A fan owned club, (be that the support as a whole or a rich Newcastle Fan), might not have to offer ticket deals left, right and centre as people might be prepared to pay more knowing that their money would benefit the club and they'd have more trust than we do now with Jabba the cunt.

The last line nails it for me- I just don't trust thus bastard in anything he does or says regarding NUFC.

I should probably say now, I'm firmly in the Gemmill camp. I haven't been to the match, out of choice, since Hughton got sacked.

Nothing they've done since then has made me regret my decision. ( I did go once, was given a spare ticket, didn't spend a single shekel inside the ground)

As soon as he's gone, however long that takes, I'll go back.

See I fancy a pint (even if it is piss) before the match, and simply won't have time to get one anywhere but the ground. Will I go to hell if I buy one?

Secure in the knowledge that next season he's not getting a penny from me*.

* Unless we go on a great cup run.

P.S. Gemmill. Would rather gouge my eyeballs out than spend a day watching cricket.

Enjoy the Football. (good luck with that)

Me too. Great day out.

Ended up buying a pint for myself and the lad I was with at half time. Unwittingly he had done the same. 2 pints. 15 minutes.

I was very, very drunk because I'd just smashed three back with Ketsbaia 10 minutes before :lol:

• 4 months later...

Deadline for cancelling your Season Ticket next year to avoid them taking cash for it is tomorrow I've read....

Email boxoffice@@nufc.co.uk with your supporter number (and probably your seat number etc just to be on the safe side) stating your desire to cancel your season ticket at the end of the current season.

If you say you're cancelling with immediate effect they'll bar your season ticket with immediate effect, so you'll not get to see matches you've already paid for.

Anyone had enough yet?

My tie in is coming to an end anyway so I've got a few months to think about it.

My bulk payment to cover 3 years meant i paid about £480 a season. If I stay in the same seat it's going to cost me £602. Unless I get another offer from them. So that'll be a 25% hike to watch a club who haven't bought a player in 18 months.

Other option is to take my nephew and get us both a seat in the family section for about £480. No hike, but means embracing middle age.