young players who you were sure were gonna make it.......but didnt.

diogenes

Kevin Scott. Definetly not a wannabe gangsta. Good centre back, until he went to Spurs. We sold them all our best players in those days......

Scotty was always shite as far as I remember.

I agree with Stephenson, looked great for a few games but then faded badly (couple of my mates in their forties coudldn't even remember who he was when he was brought up last night).

I always thought Allan Neilsen looked good when he played for us but he fell away.

David Roache looked good for a while but we all know what happened to him!

The player who I really thought would be class though wasn't one that we brought through but we signed him quite young, was John Gallagher. For those who don't remember him, he made his debut in the same game as Mick Quinn when Quinny scored four. Gallagher was a winger who scored the other goal and on the day he made more of an impression on me than Quinn did. If memory serves, it was injury that pretty much wrecked his career which was a real shame.

I liked Alan neilsen too.went to Southampton didn't he?

Chris holland?

Aye. Chris Holland's debut against Ipswich was absolutely brilliant, but someone sprayed chemicals in his eyes at the Ritzy and his sight wasn't the same, and neither was he.

I agree with Stephenson, looked great for a few games but then faded badly (couple of my mates in their forties coudldn't even remember who he was when he was brought up last night).

I always thought Allan Neilsen looked good when he played for us but he fell away.

The player who I really thought would be class though wasn't one that we brought through but we signed him quite young, was John Gallagher. For those who don't remember him, he made his debut in the same game as Mick Quinn when Quinny scored four. Gallagher was a winger who scored the other goal and on the day he made more of an impression on me than Quinn did. If memory serves, it was injury that pretty much wrecked his career which was a real shame.

Agree with Gallagher. I met him in Shields just after this game when he was doing a signing day in the old indoor market (seriously!) so went and got his autograph. Injury pretty much fucked him over. I will also add my childhood crush Michael O'Neill to this as well. After that first season we thought we had a real star. Then an injury and he just fell away...

Scotty was captain on merit when Keegan turned up as manager..thing is he was in division 2 at the time and hed filled in pretty well after the likes of Roeder, Jackson and Thorn left. The step up was too much for him. Not the first player thats happened to. I liked him anyway.

Seem to remember him being soft as shite. Couldn't believe Spurs paid what they did for him. Barely played for them at all iirc.

Ardiles loved him when he was here that's why they paid the money. Ossie was some player but his judgement of players abilities?!? Well he was nee Jack Hixon.

Fox was £4.25m not £4.5m without being pedantic.

Michael O'Neill's hatrick against Luton will live long in my memory, one of them the best volley you'll ever see. He was 18 then and you thought he could do anything in the game. That was the highlight of his career, and sitting on Coventry's bench later on.

Fox was £4.25m not £4.5m without being pedantic.

Michael O'Neill's hatrick against Luton will live long in my memory, one of them the best volley you'll ever see. He was 18 then and you thought he could do anything in the game. That was the highlight of his career, and sitting on Coventry's bench later on.

Mentioned before that I was at this game as a teenager with my Dad and my late Northern Irish Granda and uncle who were over visiting which made it even better that O'Neill scored three, you'd think my Granda had personally scored the goals instead of O'Neill as we left the Gallowgate end and he got a few pats on the back off our supporters. :lol:

Of course the piss taking by Wharton and Gazza was the icing on the cake, like. :D

Mentioned before that I was at this game as a teenager with my Dad and my late Northern Irish Granda and uncle who were over visiting which made it even better that O'Neill scored three, you'd think my Granda had personally scored the goals instead of O'Neill as we left the Gallowgate end and he got a few pats on the back off our supporters. :lol:

Of course the piss taking by Wharton and Gazza was the icing on the cake, like. :D

:lol: aye he sat on the ball Wharton, was fair fucks because they had beaten us 4-0 on the placka pitch earlier in the season.